Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Indrik FAQ - July 2019 edition

Danikat
Danikat
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Since there's been some confusion over how to unlock indriks previously, and a few months since the last event I thought I'd pre-emptively create an FAQ to answer some of the most common questions about them. I've used spoiler tags just so the questions are easier to scroll through, I don't think any of the info is actually a spoiler.

This page also gives a good overview of the whole process: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Nascent_Indrik

What in Oblivion is an indrik?
"Indriks are magical deer-like creatures that fight using elemental-based attacks. They can be found throughout the forests of Summerset and are often hostile."
ON-creature-Indrik.jpg

More importantly indriks are a set of mounts which are obtained by earning event tickets from in-game events and using them to buy feathers and berries from an event NPC. There are 5 in total - the nascent (grey) indrik and 4 'evolved' forms: dawnwood (green), luminous (gold), onyx (black) and pure snow (white). You may have seen players riding the first 3 in-game already since those were available during previous events.

They are being released gradually throughout 2018 and 2019 as rewards for participating in a variety of events in-game. The nascent indrik was first released in Q4 2018, the dawnwood in Q1 2019, the luminous in Q2 and now the onyx in Q3, the pure snow will be in Q4 of 2019. (Q is short for quarter - Q1 is January - March, Q2 is April - June, Q3 is July - September and Q4 is October - December.) They may or may not be available after the end of this year, there has been a lot of speculation from players but ZOS has said absolutely nothing either way. If you want one my advice is to get it now.

What's the process to unlock the mount/s?

In brief:
  1. Earn 10 event tickets.
  2. Buy a feather from The Impresario.
  3. Repeat until you have 4 different feathers.
  4. Make sure all 4 feathers are in your inventory and then double click one to use them all to unlock the mount.
  5. Earn 10 event tickets.
  6. Buy a berry from The Impresario.
  7. Wait for the next event.
  8. Repeat steps 5 & 6, making sure to buy a different berry to last time.
  9. Repeat steps 7 & 8 until you have 4 berries.
  10. Make sure all 4 are in your inventory, then double click one to use them and change your nascent indrik into an evolved form.
  11. Start over from step 1 to get a different one.

This means the nascent indrik costs 40 event tickets, evolving it once costs another 40 tickets. So an evolved indrik costs 80 tickets in total and to get all 5 variants it's 360 tickets. Yes it's a long process, that's the idea - it's supposed to give us an additional incentive to keep playing though multiple events.

Detailed answer:
The process for earning event tickets changes with each event. Information for July 2019's Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood event is in the next answer. Once you have 10 event tickets (remember you can't hold more than 12, and yes it's the same with ESO+) you need to speak to The Impresario, an NPC found outside the gates of Daggerfall, Vulkhel Guard and Davon's Watch - in a tent marked on the map with an event icon (a star in a rectangle). They sell all the items you need to unlock an indrik, but they do not sell them all at once.

The first step is to buy the 4 feathers to unlock the nascent indrik - you need 4 different ones, no other combination will work. These are the Emerald Indrik Feather, Gilded Indrik Feather, Onyx Indrik Feather & Opaline Indrik Feather. An easy way to avoid buying duplicates is to designate 1 character to buy feathers and keep them in their inventory - they're all unique items so if you've already got one in your inventory you can't buy another one of the same type.

Berries are a bit more complicated. There are 4 sets; one for each evolved indrik, but only 1 set is available at a time and you can't mix and match berries from different sets. This means you can't choose which indrik to get now, you either get the one that's on offer or wait. The berries all have similar names (Berries of Bloom, Berries of Budding, Berries of Growth and Berries of Ripeness) prefaced with the name of the indrik they create. So the Q3 ones will be Onyx Berries of Bloom, Onyx Berries of Budding, Onyx Berries of Growth and Onyx Berries of Ripeness and they will make the black onyx indrik. Like the feathers you need all 4 berries in a set to create the evolved indrik, and like the feathers you can avoid buying duplicates by keeping them in your inventory because they're all unique.

Importantly only 1 berry is released per event, so during the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood event only the Onyx Berries of Bloom will be available and it will not be possible to create the onyx indrik, but it's still important to get it now and then hold onto it because it will be much harder to get it later. Then watch for announcements of future events on the main ESO site to find out how to get the others.

How do I get event tickets?
During the 2019 Thieves Guild & Dark Brotherhood event you can earn 2 event tickets per day. Note that in this case a day is the 24 hour period from 1:00AM EDT (05:00 UTC) which may or may not match actual days in your time zone. Work out when it resets in your local time and make sure you wait until after the reset to do it again, or you won't get event tickets.

You get 1 event ticket for the first Heist quest you complete for the Thieves Guild and 1 for the first Sacrament quest you complete for the Dark Brotherhood. Make sure you're doing the right quests, both guilds have several kinds of repeatable quests. No other quests or activities will give event tickets - even if they give double rewards as part of the event.

I'll edit in details about exactly when you get the event tickets and how to check you've got them once the event starts and I know that information, but it's usually when you pick up the quest reward.

Event tickets are a currency - they go into the currency tab and not your inventory, and are then available to all your characters at all times like crowns or transmutation crystals. You don't need to (and can't) bank them and there is no way to have more than 12 on your account at a time. Before starting the quest make sure you've got space to receive the tickets - if you don't it will disappear and you will permanently lose that day's event ticket/s.

How do I get the black (Onyx) indrik?
In total you need 8 items: an Emerald Indrik Feather, Gilded Indrik Feather, Onyx Indrik Feather & Opaline Indrik Feather to unlock the nascent indrik and the Onyx Berries of Bloom, Onyx Berries of Budding, Onyx Berries of Growth and Onyx Berries of Ripeness to evolve it. This will cost 80 event tickets in total. You may have some feathers or the nascent indrik already but you cannot have any of the Onyx berries because they have never been in-game before.

During this event you will only be able to get the 4 feathers and the Onyx Berries of Bloom (and there will only be enough tickets available to buy 2 items). If you definitely want the black indrik I recommend you prioritise the berries because they will only be available from events in July, August and September, whereas the feathers will be available at least until the end of 2019. You cannot use the berries until you have the nascent indrik, but you can use them after the event is over, the only restriction is on when you can buy them. So if you get 4 onyx berries then save them until you have 4 feathers you will be able to use the feathers to create a nascent indrik and then use the berries to evolve it even if the events where the berries were sold is long gone.

If you just want an indrik and don't mind which one get the feathers first because they're used for all of them. Either way remember that indriks are long-term rewards, you are not supposed to be able to buy everything you need to unlock the one you want during 1 event.

(If you're not sure if you want the onyx indrik or not go to the Impressario's tent - you'll be able to see it in a small pen nearby.)

How do I get the white (Pure Snow) indrik?
You cannot get it yet because the Pure Snow Berries will not be available until Q4 (October - December). If you only want the white one and don't care about the black one focus on getting 4 feathers and if you have any excess event tickets save them for the next event so you get a head start next time. Look out for announcements of events from the 1st October onwards.

I just want the basic grey (Nascent) indrik, how do I get that?
You've got a relatively easy task - you just need to buy the 4 feathers (Emerald Indrik Feather, Gilded Indrik Feather, Onyx Indrik Feather & Opaline Indrik Feather). They will all be available during all events in Q3 and Q4. The Thieves Guild & Dark Brotherhood event gives 28 tickets in total so if you're able to play every day you'll get 2 feathers and 8 of the 10 tickets needed for the 3rd one. Then you need to watch for announcements of future festivals for the remaining tickets and feathers.

I want the green (Dawnwood) or gold (Luminous) indrik, how do I get one of those?
I'm sorry to say you can't. The Dawnwood Berries were available during Q1 and the Luminous berries in Q2 and neither set has been available since then. I recommend you make a topic letting ZOS know how much you'd like to have those indriks (or reply to an existing one on that subject) and ask them to keep this system going in future years as an incentive for players who missed the first round to participate in events, but I don't know what their plans are or if they will do that.

(It's also possible the indriks will be available again in future but in a different way but again I don't know, it's up to ZOS.)

Help! I won't have enough event tickets to get the indrik I want!
You have two options. The first is to get as many event tickets as you can now and then save them for the next event. The feathers and the Onyx Berries of Bloom will be available during the next event, along with the Onyx Berries of Budding. Each event only has a limited number of tickets available, so if you're starting from scratch, trying to get 4 berries and 4 feathers during Q3 it will be difficult (and even more so if you have to miss days) but each event so far has given at least 20 tickets, so there is some room to catch up.

The alternative is to buy event tickets from the crown store. They cost 250 crowns per ticket, so they're not cheap but it's an option. (And I think they can be gifted and therefore purchased with gold by paying another player to gift them to you.)

Since this is the first event of the quarter my advice is to wait and see how much you can catch up and then only buy tickets during the last event of the quarter if you still need to. But start putting the money/crowns/gold aside now just in case.

What do I do with extra event tickets?
If you've got all the berries you need/can buy currently and all the feathers you need and you still have event tickets or time to earn more there's 3 things you can do with them:
1) Save them to get a head start on the next event (remember you can only hold a maximum of 12).
2) Buy some extra feathers to make another nascent indrik (remember you can only have 1 at a time and only need 1 per evolved form, be careful not to waste tickets on useless feathers)
3) Buy something else from the Impressario. Since the Jester's Festival they've had a selection of non-indrik items for sale.

What do I do with feathers from a previous event?
Feathers carry over between events because they're used to make the nascent indrik, which is the base for all 4 evolved forms. If you have feathers left over from a previous event you can buy the feathers you're missing to make a full set (Emerald Indrik Feather, Gilded Indrik Feather, Onyx Indrik Feather & Opaline Indrik Feather) then use them to create a nascent indrik. If you've already got a nascent indrik you will need to evolve it first.

If you've already got all the indriks you want and extra feathers you have no use for you will need to submit a support ticket to explain that you bought them by accident and ask ZOS to refund the event tickets.

What do I do with berries from a previous event?
Berries from previous events cannot be combined with berries from the current event or future events in 2019 because they're used to make different indriks. If you have any dawnwood or luminous berries left over you have 2 options:
1) Submit a support ticket to ZOS explaining that you bought them by mistake and ask them to refund the event tickets.
2) Hold onto them and hope these events are repeated in future so it will be possible to buy the berries you're missing to complete a set.

(If you already have the dawnwood or luminous indrik and extra berries from that set you will have to contact support because they have no other use except making the mount you've already got.)

Urgh, I don't care about these ugly mounts, what am I supposed to do with all these event tickets?
The good news for you is that the Impressario has started offering a range of non-indrik items purchased with event tickets. So far these have all been items which are available in other ways (for example during the anniversary event it was the Companions style pages) and the ones bought with event tickets are not tradable, so it might be better to wait and see what you get in-game before spending event tickets on them.

Alternatively you can simply forget about the tickets entirely and just focus on what you do want to do, whether that's part of the event or normal gameplay.

Edited by Danikat on July 1, 2019 12:00PM
PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • priforce
    priforce
    ✭✭✭
    If I use the black or pure snow morphs, does it unlock them as an option if I already have the gold indrik or does it replace the evolved one that I currently have? Do I miss one by achieving another? Can I only have one evolved Indrik?
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    priforce wrote: »
    If I use the black or pure snow morphs, does it unlock them as an option if I already have the gold indrik or does it replace the evolved one that I currently have? Do I miss one by achieving another? Can I only have one evolved Indrik?

They're seperate mounts, so yes you can unlock all of them and no it won't replace ones you already have.

The only one which gets replaced is the nascent, when it's evolved into one of the other forms.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• jorrackb16_ESO
    Just to clarify are the Onyx Berries of Budding currently on offer the 1st berries available? I am checking to ensure I havent missed any other berries and will still be able to get the Onyx Indrik
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes they are the first berries available for the Onyx Indrik.

This event ends tomorrow and we've got maintenance starting in about 9 hours - when that's over the event will be over as well. So if you want to buy the berries now you've not got much time, but with both the dawnwood and luminous berries the older ones were sold along with the newer ones in later events. So we can expect that when the next event starts the Onyx Berries of Budding will be sold along with the Onyx Berries of Bloom. But we don't know when the next event will be yet.

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the FAQ post! I really hope they’ll make the Dawn Indrik available again as I’d really like an Indrik as they appear around Summerset for my altmer! :love:
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also did a very detailed guide on the process in this video. Some people need visuals and made some graph type images representing the process. https://youtu.be/lkjy02XqKv8
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    Thank you for the FAQ post! I really hope they’ll make the Dawn Indrik available again as I’d really like an Indrik as they appear around Summerset for my altmer! :love:

I disagree. This whole indrik evolution and mount has been so convoluted and Grindy I haven’t met anyone who actually enjoys it. I work a lot with newer players and they can’t seem to get a grasp on it, nor are they even aware a in game event is occurring. I applaud them for putting in a in game earn-able Mount - but this is too much lol!
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, thank you, @Danikat for the guide. I agree with @Shimmer that guides are needed, as the process is too convoluted for all but the most devoted forum warriors. Lol. When an event is active, you hear it in zone chat all time - 'Is there an event going on?' 'How do I get the yellow reindeer?' :)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • friimynd
    friimynd
    ✭✭✭
    lol, 'free' mount
    time = gold (says the banker in ... somewhere i can't remember the name of, lol)[daggerfall?]
    probably cheaper to just work a real job and plunk down 250*80 crowns (80 event tickets * 250 crowns each is... one sec, calculator... 20000 crowns? is that like 200 bucks?
    so, the question is, how much playtime does it require to grind those 80 tickets and how does that balance against the time to earn 200 bucks IRL? but of course you are having fun while 'grinding' the events. Who doesn't love ganking in the Imperial city?)

so at 10 bucks an hour it would take you 20 hours to earn 200 bucks, if the new minimum wage is 15 bucks an hour that is ... calculator.. 14 something hours. Did you grind for less than 14 hours to get 80 tickets? I think if you had a team you could do those roaming city bosses pretty easy in a few minutes. I got 7 tickets and I didn't even know I was trying to.

ok, back to not thinking about the Indrik. HF ;#)
    ^&*
    gg ^&*
    Oh, now i 'C', lol ( * & ^ )
    Finally realized it is supposed to be about 'friends' online, lol; i thought it was about 'enemies' online, hmm
    Well, i can (must) buy the darkwood (?) sry, lol; blackwood expansion to get the companions, right? i'm looking into it right now.
    If they gonna put companions in the game, i'm a fool to say no (and be a f2p peon grinder, lol; feel for u, i used to do to) ;#)
  • Repitwar
    Repitwar
    ✭✭
    do you think the berries will be available during witch festival? it looks like i will only be able to obtain 2/4 during dragon rise.
    undecided on which path to take.
  • Robbie529
    Robbie529
    ✭✭
    I also would like to know if the Onyx berries will be available during the next event. Thank you
  • Merrien
    Merrien
    ✭✭✭
    Robbie529 wrote: »
    I also would like to know if the Onyx berries will be available during the next event. Thank you

Typically the berries from the previous quarters are not available once the next quarter starts, so now that we're on the white indrik, they aren't offering the onyx ones anymore. I don't know how they'll handle it going forward once things are over and there are folks who missed the ones they wanted, etc.... Guess we'll see what the will of ZOS shall be.