The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Severe FPS Drops When Targeting Specific NPCs (Still an issue in 2019, no ZoS response)

SainguinKrist
SainguinKrist
✭✭✭✭✭
Here's the copy pasta of my post from 2018:

"For the last week I have noticed massive FPS drops in certain areas. This issue only happens in areas with groups of humanoid NPCs. Whenever I target NPCs in these areas I drop from my capped 40FPS to below 20. This isn't an issue anywhere else in the game.

I'm wondering if anyone else has ran into this?

I've disabled addons, messed with every settings, etc, etc. But it just keeps happening.

Ongoing list of Areas/NPCs where this issue arises, as I find them:

Grimfield, Betnikh - Only Bloodthorn Zombies cause the FPS drop.

Saintsport, Stros M'kai - Drake Brigands/Cutthroats, Sentries do not effect FPS.

No Shira Citadel, Hew's Bane - Iron Wheel Ravagers/Sentinels."

Basic outline of what's happening. It's very specific NPCs, only when targeting them out of combat. I can still go to every single one of these areas and replicate it.

What is going on here?
I have characters that have classes.

I'm not sure what their names are.

Leader of Casual Filth, a proudly LGBT+ led and friendly social guild.