The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Strange framerate not matching fps counter

Red_Feather
Red_Feather
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I went to Hallin's Stand in Bangkorai for the first time and immediately noticed what looked like single digit framerate, but when I turned the fps counter on in game it showed framerates around 30. What is really going on there that makes it look like it's 9 frames per second when it says it's 30.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you try a third party application to measure frames and see? Just curious.
    Edited by Cathexis on June 30, 2019 11:59PM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UPDATE: I spent the day there. It was really bad performance. Moving the camera back and forth was jarring and not smooth at all.

But I did the quest chain and finished liberating Hallin's Stand and the issue is far less severe now in the new phase.

I doubt anyone will notice this topic or care, but just thought that information could help fix whatever it is.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Red_Feather

Are you only experiencing frame rate issues when at Hallin's Stand in Bangkorai?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Red_Feather

Are you only experiencing frame rate issues when at Hallin's Stand in Bangkorai?

It is a strange effect. If I move the camera it's like single digit framerate. The in-game fps counter doesn't register framerate going that low. In Hallin's Stand before I did the quests to liberate it from imperials it was having that strange effect. After finishing the quests in Hallin's Stand and getting the phase of villagers and no imperials the strange effect is gone.

I have only ever encountered the strange effect a few times randomly while moving through a zone from point to point. I get this weird feeling it is something to do with phasing.