The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NPC finally acknowledges vampirism

ImSoPro
ImSoPro
✭✭✭
Yushiha from the Tenarr Zalviit vampire clan in Elsweyr along with Rakaza(or however you spell it) both acknowledge your toons vampirism with things they say to you. Rakaza before you kill him asks if you fed from his weakling sister and his sister speaks to you about your bloodlust etc. Idk if I’m late but it’s pretty cool that NPCs, even if it’s only in Elsweyr actually acknowledge your vampirism. Usually people talk to you as if you’re not a vampire about how repulsive they are and you get no dialogue options to even say “hey I’m a vampire”. I’m going to come here on my non vamp Bosmer and see if the dialogue is different.
Edited by ImSoPro on June 30, 2019 4:54PM
  • Ei8htba11
    Ei8htba11
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's a quest giver in Gold Coast.. Hrota cave? That acknowledges your 'condition' at the hand in.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    IN the same vein, I noticed while doing psijiic quests at Summerset, the dialog recognized my Altmer character.

Which I thought was cool.

They didn't notice my Altmer was a vampire, but Altmer don't notice all that much with the noses tilted up as high as they normally are, so that didn't bother me so much.

:#
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are numerous quests where people will acknowledge if you're a Vampire. Granted most of them seem to be Vampires themselves, but still.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They acknownledge if youre a ww too.
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »
    IN the same vein, I noticed while doing psijiic quests at Summerset, the dialog recognized my Altmer character.

They didn't notice my Altmer was a vampire, but Altmer don't notice all that much with the noses tilted up as high as they normally are, so that didn't bother me so much.

It's not only psijic, it's almost all altmer ^^
    Look at the bank at Alinor, she'll be very kind with you if you're an altmer.
    But if other race, most of the time she's rude ^^
    Edited by Aznarb on June 30, 2019 7:35PM
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The newer dlcs and such do have a lot more NPC interactions it seems. Like in Summerset they can notice you're an altmer vs not
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WeerW3ir wrote: »
    They acknownledge if youre a ww too.

insightful for what? for being a WW?

WW > Shining ones
    >:)
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One of the NPCs in auridon's college will comment on your race, and one of the Morrowind silt strider caravaneers will have different remarks if you're a dark elf vs not.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note to self - dust off my vampy alt, and maybe play some of the expansion stuff with her someday, to see for myself... ;)
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aznarb wrote: »

@Aznarb The Alinor banker is very kind to my Khajiit.
  • Verbal_Earthworm
    Verbal_Earthworm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No.

The female is polite and the male is rude, always.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've never had Tilanfire say anything but nice fluff to my non-Altmer toons. It's always one of these:

"Well look what the sea washed ashore! Another one of our interesting visitors! Your gold and valuables will be treated with the same care as any High Elf's, you have my word. You do use gold as a currency where you come from, don't you?"

"Come closer. Don't be afraid. I just want to get a better look at you. Visitors to Summerset were few and far between before Queen Ayrenn opened our borders. Your gold is the same color as ours, so enter and be welcome!"

"Another visitor? How exciting! Not to be rude, but you all have such fascinating turns of phrase. I absolutely love your voice, by the way. I could listen to you for hours. I have so many questions! Perhaps later, at the inn? Over a bottle of aurum?"

I suppose those could be considered a bit snide. But Mornurdur is far worse....
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wooo their is not the same text at all in French Oo
    Very weird then.
    I don't know for the guy cuz I'm used to go at the same npc every time.

And the only one sentence who look closer in French is the last one you said :
    "Another visitor? How exciting! Not to be rude, but you all have such fascinating turns of phrase. I absolutely love your voice, by the way. I could listen to you for hours. I have so many questions! Perhaps later, at the inn? Over a bottle of aurum?"

The only nice one too.

I'll look at that tomorrow to be sure.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• SaucyMcSauceface
    SaucyMcSauceface
    ✭✭✭✭
    one of the NPCs in Craglorn recognises your vampirism. I forget the name, but it is the one where you are clearing out the nest of vampires. The NPC is dedicated to killing vamps, but if you run the quest as a vamp, he acknowledges that he is giving you a pass, despite knowing that you are a vamp.
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh they recognise your since Morrowind. In Morrowind the entire city knew if you were a human or a beast race. If you were khajiit or lizard. They told you to leave this place if you want to stay free. In murkmire. If youre a fellow kin they act differently. In Summerset. If youre not elf they again just act differently. The banker in alinor is quite a *** about it
    Edited by WeerW3ir on July 1, 2019 10:36AM