The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Petless MagSorc?

Rhaegar75
Rhaegar75
✭✭✭✭✭
I’m levelling up a magsorc but I really don’t want to run around with pets....am I cutting off my nose to spite my face...perhaps but I really cannot stand Sorc’s pets!!

I was thinking about a Staff + S&B build. I’m considering Bright Throat and Alfyq.

I’m very open to any tips, hints or suggestions you’d like to share!!! Thanks
  • EdoKeledus
    EdoKeledus
    ✭✭✭
    5 Armor Master/lich
    5 Alfiq/Bright-Throat's Boast
    1 Master/Willpower Inferno Staff
    2 Engine Guardian/Bloodspawn/pirate skeleton

The possibilities are infinite.

DC PC EU Vivec
    Daggerfall Convenant Loyalist

• oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how would you heal? s&b needs a bird to heal but birds healing is crap in nocp as for me. with resto staff you heal yourself and your team as well.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how would you heal? s&b needs a bird to heal but birds healing is crap in nocp as for me. with resto staff you heal yourself and your team as well.

I was thinking about using dark conversion? useless?
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »

no its a must have skill for a sorc but its not enough for me at least

also you can try buffer of the swift set combined with psijic ult if you decided to go with s&b. i think it will give you a higher mitigation than armor master, more mobility, some protection against nasty stuff which goes through your resistances and hardened ward is easier to sustain.
    Edited by oxygen_thief on June 29, 2019 7:38PM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »

no its a must have skill for a sorc but its not enough for me at least

also you can try buffer of the swift set combined with psijic ult if you decided to go with s&b. i think it will give you a higher mitigation than armor master, more mobility, some protection against nasty stuff which goes through your resistances and hardened ward is easier to sustain.

The point of armormaster is to only use it on one bar though.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

swift also can be used only on one bar if its needed
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bright Throat plus Double Bloody Mara drink is such a powerful combo that I think it could be the basis for ANY mag sorc build, pets or no pets. Protective traits on all jewelry is a good move, too. Then you could add a defensive monster set like Chudan or PS and an offensive 5 pc set like Alfiq or Spinner.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is true! You can have Buffer of the Swift on one bar and then have the Undo morph with the Minor Protection on the other bar, giving you 8% or 10% damage reduction at all times.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ah do you mean its proc works after switchig bars? its true but i dont like this set pure mitigation is better i think
    Edited by oxygen_thief on June 29, 2019 8:20PM
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    double
    Edited by oxygen_thief on June 29, 2019 8:19PM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah - armormaster is a buff on your character. You lose the 5% health when you switch weapon but the buff stays and you keep the 5k resistances regardless if the 5p is completed or not.
    Great backbar set.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    The most reliable heal outside of Matriach (Twilight morph) is the resto staff blessing of protect / combat prayer ability.

5 Bright-Throat
    5 Spinner’s
    2 Mighty Chudan (for tankiness)
    Or
    2 Engine Guardian (for Sustain)
    Edited by RighteousBacon on June 29, 2019 11:18PM
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm no pet, double destro, with sorrow/spinners/grothdarr. No issues with sustain and take players through Skyreach with zero issues.

I refuse pet builds because they are simply annoying.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nogawd wrote: »
    I'm no pet, double destro, with sorrow/spinners/grothdarr. No issues with sustain and take players through Skyreach with zero issues.

have you ever been ganked in skyreach?
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nogawd wrote: »

You're lost, my dude. This is the PVP section.
  • Varaug_Gaming
    Varaug_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    do it, play without pets and convince all mag sorcs you know to play without pets too :)
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one is going to tell you a viable build because they are too scared of getting it nerfed.

It's best to either come up with your own build.

or

Use Cheat Engine

or

Use ESO Ninja

In order to get those nice PvP wins in this META. More so if you are a Magicka player in this Stamina dominated META.

Oh I forgot to add make sure you are using those Multi Combo Macros to secure kills without fear of screwing up.
    Edited by FearlessOne_2014 on June 30, 2019 12:40PM
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great backbar set.

not so great light armor skills are too expensive
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spinners/lich/master destro, bloodspawn/eg/valkyn/pirate helm. Depends on the type of pvp and team comp
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one is going to tell you a viable build because they are too scared of getting it nerfed.

or

Use Cheat Engine

or

Use ESO Ninja

In order to get those nice PvP wins in this META. More so if you are a Magicka player in this Stamina dominated META.

Oh I forgot to add make sure you are using those Multi Combo Macros to secure kills without fear of screwing up.

You sound pretty damn paranoid LOL.
    People like you are the ones that think that they only lose due to opponent running "secret sets" LOL.
    All the builds are out there and well known, you just gotta open your eyes.
    Also, imagine accusing other people of using macros to feel better, idk dude, you might wanna check yourself.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »

or

Use Cheat Engine

or

Use ESO Ninja

You sound pretty damn paranoid LOL.
    People like you are the ones that think that they only lose due to opponent running "secret sets" LOL.
    All the builds are out there and well known, you just gotta open your eyes.
    Also, imagine accusing other people of using macros to feel better, idk dude, you might wanna check yourself.

I didn't accuse anybody of anything. I just gave that poster that I've quoted. Pro advice on how to up their game by a lot. Are you going to deny that my advice was correct?

I've checked myself a long time ago. Checked myself into uninstalling ESO two weeks after new Chapter dropped. To enjoy being a Mage in MMOs that have better balance for Mages.

So jokes on you!

XHqfiJr.jpg
    Edited by FearlessOne_2014 on July 1, 2019 11:00AM
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I'm a bad or don't care too much about dying and hate the face tank meta where you only get kills with ulti dumps but I have a lot of success running spinner's and spell strategist. No pets. In BG's. I despise cyro, always have as it is *** tier pvp content from the beginning. My theory is the best defense is a good offense. They can't do damage to you when they are dead. 9k curses and up to 15k frags means all but the tankiest builds just implode. Force shock also hits like a truck with the build too so the pressure is there without twilight and when rng doesn't go your way. I probably die more often than many sorcs but at the end of the day my damage and kills are on par or higher and I keep my self respect for not hiding in a swarm of pets.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NuarBlack wrote: »
    Maybe I'm a bad or don't care too much about dying and hate the face tank meta where you only get kills with ulti dumps but I have a lot of success running spinner's and spell strategist. No pets. In BG's. I despise cyro, always have as it is *** tier pvp content from the beginning. My theory is the best defense is a good offense. They can't do damage to you when they are dead. 9k curses and up to 15k frags means all but the tankiest builds just implode. Force shock also hits like a truck with the build too so the pressure is there without twilight and when rng doesn't go your way. I probably die more often than many sorcs but at the end of the day my damage and kills are on par or higher and I keep my self respect for not hiding in a swarm of pets.

i had a 10.5 curse that imploded nobody because some players build and play in a manner which helps them to survive a group focus not just one squishy sorc. its a matter of mmr i guess. the game becomes a boring mess when it drops you into a full time dm match where people struggle ten mins to get one frag for their team. its better to be tanky in such matches because one death of yours can cost you a victory.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bright Throat, Alteration Mastery, Bloodspawn, with Spring Loaded Infusion is a very powerful setup for non pet mag sorc. Run tri-stat glyphs on everything and spell damage enchants on all jewelry. The sustain you get and the ease in which you can use stamina for roll dodge and block is extremely useful. And the damage is good and you can outlast almost any opponent in resources.
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭

i had a 10.5 curse that imploded nobody because some players build and play in a manner which helps them to survive a group focus not just one squishy sorc. its a matter of mmr i guess. the game becomes a boring mess when it drops you into a full time dm match where people struggle ten mins to get one frag for their team. its better to be tanky in such matches because one death of yours can cost you a victory.

Fair enough and it seems to be a problem exclusive to PC. As I have been playing since launch and never see these full high mmr matches pc players talk about even though I know I'm in matches with premades and streamers all the time on ps4 north America. The meta might be slightly different too on ps4 in addition to how the mmr system plays out.(though I'm not convinced there is one really. Only official ZoS response just talks about premades and pugs and no matter how many games I play or how I do or what toon im on the same gamertags show up reg)

Negate is an under rated ulti too. See too many sorcs still trying to make meteor work (or atro cause pet sorc) when a proper placed negate just crumples a premade team. Streaking and silencing their healer is a lot of down time. Not to mention you usually get the whole team. It's actually more effective against coordinated teams than pugs as they stay grouped better. So I don't know.
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭

And I guess I would ask if thats 10.5k curses in BGs or outside with CP as if you were honestly hitting players that hard they would crumple as that is a third of the health of the tankiest of builds that sit around 30k which means you are still penetrating them pretty good so your frags and everything else would be hitting hard as well. Which can be timed to land in the same global and kill a 30k player. So I might have to call BS.
    Edited by NuarBlack on July 2, 2019 1:02AM
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And I guess I would ask if thats 10.5k curses in BGs or outside with CP as if you were honestly hitting players that hard they would crumple as that is a third of the health of the tankiest of builds that sit around 30k which means you are still penetrating them pretty good so your frags and everything else would be hitting hard as well. Which can be timed to land in the same global and kill a 30k player. So I might have to call BS.

its bs, doesn't happen
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    bardx86 wrote: »

its bs, doesn't happen

I wouldn't say it doesn't happen as like I said earlier, I have literally seen my frags hit for 15k and curses for 9k in BGs but I know those are soft targets. Against properly built opponents my curses and frags are hitting in the 7k range on a fully offensive glass cannon build. My point wasn't that I didn't believe it was possible just that a truly hard hitting build does melt people regardless and that maybe he wasn't running a truly hard hitting build if he wasn't actually seeing those numbers in BGs.
  • LoreToo
    LoreToo
    ✭✭✭
    Bright-throat+crafty+bloodspawn+3 stat drink or mara. Around 28k hp, 27k spell resists/22k phis resists, 42/44k max mag and around 2200spd. Works pretty damn good for me
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    EdoKeledus wrote: »
    5 Armor Master/lich
    5 Alfiq/Bright-Throat's Boast
    1 Master/Willpower Inferno Staff
    2 Engine Guardian/Bloodspawn/pirate skeleton

The possibilities are infinite.

technically engine is a pet... At least i'm constantly getting accused at "using 3 pets", which include matriarch, engine and atro
    LoreToo wrote: »
    Bright-throat+crafty+bloodspawn+3 stat drink or mara. Around 28k hp, 27k spell resists/22k phis resists, 42/44k max mag and around 2200spd. Works pretty damn good for me

The only problem is a reliable source of heal. Healing ward nerfed, blessing of protection/combat prayer on it's own can't compete with matriarch heal, and when you start pairing it with mutagen/surge/darkdeal, you run out of bar space very quickly.
    Edited by Neloth on July 2, 2019 11:45AM