The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PvP has never been this bad

Mitaka211
Mitaka211
✭✭✭✭
I don't know maybe it's just me , but if feels like , whatever balance this game had before the expansion is completely gone now. PvP feels like chaos to me. Everyone can melt everyone so damn fast. My stamplar is completely useless i honestly don't know what i am doing wrong. In CP PVP i can hold my own since i manage to compensate for some of my weaknesses but no CP bgs, boy i can't stay alive at all. My resists are capped , my crit resists are above 2k and still people just delete me . Like all i see are teams of 4 ranged magika dps running around hitting me with 7k frags from 200m away. How am i supposed to deal with that?

Haven't played for two weeks and boy did i remember why, every time i enter bgs i just leave the game and don't log in for a week. It's garbage , pure garbage. Fine i figure, my stamplar should sit on the bench. Here comes my necro which can wipe entire teams with his stupid ults (while half his skills don't even work as intended ). Like it's not fun not fun at all. Are we seriously mend to wait till the next expansion to get a fraction of balance? Like it has gotten really out of hand.

I can't be the only one noticing this. Like balance has always been bad in ESO , but this expansion has to be the biggest low point for pvp.
Meanwhile we get 0 information if they even intend to do something about it. The rep programs seem useless and ignored. And the balance team make changes that seem out of nowhere , and give the impression they have no clue how most skills are used in the first place.

Anyone know if they addressed something remotely related to pvp cause i could not find it?
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, Stamplar self heals are weak as f**k. So of course you lose quickly.

The game ain’t rocket science, and your opponents aren’t stupid.

C’est la vie.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no way you're eating ~7k damage Frags in BGs with maxed out spell resist.

While balance may not exactly be stellar right now - especially with how disappointing Magicka Necromancer currently is - there are times that it has certainly been worse. The week of "Glyph Gate" was some of the worst nonsense I've ever seen in MMO-PvP (and it stayed that way for Werewolves for substantially longer...a little over 4 months if memory serves). I'd also say that both 1.0 and 2.0 of the "Proc Set Meta" were definitely worse than current day BGs.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fairly sure the reason resistance blows is because of the new mitigation calculations. But I have also ran builds rocking 36k resistance, 40k health (testing health necro) and yes in No CP BGs you still eat 7k attacks.

But then I changed my defensive priority because of @Minno , I found a source of both major protection and a source of minor main - my survivability sky-rocketed.

Then add in you gotta be ranged right now. Or at least have a ranged option. You gotta be able to get out of AoEs and outta the line of groups. As you get higher MMR, opponents will pack up more often. Either be ranged or slot something like silver leash to pull people out of their comfort zone.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fairly sure the reason resistance blows is because of the new mitigation calculations. But I have also ran builds rocking 36k resistance, 40k health (testing health necro) and yes in No CP BGs you still eat 7k attacks.

But then I changed my defensive priority because of @Minno , I found a source of both major protection and a source of minor main - my survivability sky-rocketed.

Then add in you gotta be ranged right now. Or at least have a ranged option. You gotta be able to get out of AoEs and outta the line of groups. As you get higher MMR, opponents will pack up more often. Either be ranged or slot something like silver leash to pull people out of their comfort zone.
    My resists are substantially below 36k and I don't take 7k damage from Crystal Frags in BGs.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I main stamplar, and have gotten used to the way things are now. But as @Waffennacht alluded to, melee without being super tanky is very vulnerable.

I run 2h, bow with medium well-fitted impreg. Thus I can dodge roll into major expedition all day to get out of the AOE cluster fawks when I need too. Then I'm back at ranged distance to wait for a good time to start my combo again. I can still get melted if I make a mistake, or if I get pinned down and focused. But I usually get a fairly positive KD in DM, and often am 1st or 2nd in killing blows.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Mitaka211
    Mitaka211
    ✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    There's no way you're eating ~7k damage Frags in BGs with maxed out spell resist.

While balance may not exactly be stellar right now - especially with how disappointing Magicka Necromancer currently is - there are times that it has certainly been worse. The week of "Glyph Gate" was some of the worst nonsense I've ever seen in MMO-PvP (and it stayed that way for Werewolves for substantially longer...a little over 4 months if memory serves). I'd also say that both 1.0 and 2.0 of the "Proc Set Meta" were definitely worse than current day BGs.

To be fair stamina necro is not good either, if you choose not to use pummeling goliath . And yes i do eat 7 k frags in bgs . Such high damage is really not uncommon any more .
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And people wonder why we're in a tank meta...
  • Arzharo
    Arzharo
    ✭✭
    ZoS somehow came up with the logic that ranged magicka classes who has the advantage of being RANGED should be tankier AND do more damage than stamina classes who are forced to be up front. Can't argue with that logic.

No CP pvp is pure and utter cancer thanks to magsorcs ruining it. I'm not even queueing anymore until they *** nerf sorcs.
  • Mitaka211
    Mitaka211
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arzharo wrote: »
    ZoS somehow came up with the logic that ranged magicka classes who has the advantage of being RANGED should be tankier AND do more damage than stamina classes who are forced to be up front. Can't argue with that logic.

No CP pvp is pure and utter cancer thanks to magsorcs ruining it. I'm not even queueing anymore until they *** nerf sorcs.

So true, they get all the benefits of a stamina dd and tank without any of the risks. Lets not forget how god damn mobile they are as well .
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    My resists are substantially below 36k and I don't take 7k damage from Crystal Frags in BGs.

its a nerf norcs thread in disguise.

op try to play as a sorc. you will be deleted even faster
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People keep turtling up in heavy and I think it actually makes it worse as stam outside of CP where you can pull off 7th plus fury. Think the tank meta complaining has convinced people to do so. Personally, I'd rather be able to dodge roll and sprint to LOS. Medium with protective seems better to me. And they just buffed AOEs so shuffle is still a bit costly but effective.

I find usually when there is a meta, there is a possibility of building less optimal but more of a counter.
    Edited by technohic on June 29, 2019 2:39PM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    People keep turtling up in heavy and I think it actually makes it worse as stam outside of CP where you can pull off 7th plus fury. Think the tank meta complaining has convinced people to do so. Personally, I'd rather be able to dodge roll and sprint to LOS. Medium with protective seems better to me. And they just buffed AOEs so shuffle is still a bit costly but effective.

I find usually when there is a meta, there is a possibility of building less optimal but more of a counter.

Bow dodge roll to major expedition plus forward momentum is effective as well.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone ever tried bone shield? Idk how some stamina are so tanky. Vigor alone doesn’t feel very effective even combined with dodge rolling, plus the higher your mitigation the better shields are.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's garbage right now.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arzharo wrote: »

Sorry, ranged players might be a bit tankier but they don’t deal more damage than Stamina specs (maybe except Sorcs). And the mitigation capabilities of melee specs are way above the ones from ranged Magicka specs.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mitaka211 wrote: »
    In CP PVP i can hold my own since i manage to compensate for some of my weaknesses but no CP bgs, boy i can't stay alive at all.?

one will never learn to walk if they always lean on crutches.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • Mitaka211
    Mitaka211
    ✭✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »
    In CP PVP i can hold my own since i manage to compensate for some of my weaknesses but no CP bgs, boy i can't stay alive at all.?

oh lord, get off it pls . Are we still pretending Eso is the embodiment of balance? This expansion has ruined pvp for me. I am not leveling up a dk to use stamina and i am not playing a pet sorc just so i can win. The devs should be the once that offer balance so i can play the class i want , which happens to be my stamplar.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

oh lord, get off it pls . Are we still pretending Eso is the embodiment of balance? This expansion has ruined pvp for me. I am not leveling up a dk to use stamina and i am not playing a pet sorc just so i can win. The devs should be the once that offer balance so i can play the class i want , which happens to be my stamplar.

Idk why people say you have to be a stamdk or a magsorc to do well in BGs.

Those two classes do well because of self healing (or self healing combined with mobility for sorcs) but you don’t have to play them. They’re just the strongest classes for solo play, add a healer and everything changes.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it is more difficult to compete on a stamplar in bg's than a magsorc. this is true. but it is definitely not impossible.

regardless, i understand your reply to my comment. it is never fun to realize the weakness lies within. far easier to blame the inadequacy on the game.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stamplar, while not as inherently strong as some other classes, is viable if played right. Focus on avoiding damage rather than mitigating it and you might have more success.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i understand your reply to my comment. it is never fun to realize the weakness lies within. far easier to blame the inadequacy on the game.

Calm down there, WarFighter. It’s just a video game.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know maybe it's just me , but if feels like , whatever balance this game had before the expansion is completely gone now. PvP feels like chaos to me. Everyone can melt everyone so damn fast. My stamplar is completely useless i honestly don't know what i am doing wrong. In CP PVP i can hold my own since i manage to compensate for some of my weaknesses but no CP bgs, boy i can't stay alive at all. My resists are capped , my crit resists are above 2k and still people just delete me . Like all i see are teams of 4 ranged magika dps running around hitting me with 7k frags from 200m away. How am i supposed to deal with that?

Haven't played for two weeks and boy did i remember why, every time i enter bgs i just leave the game and don't log in for a week. It's garbage , pure garbage. Fine i figure, my stamplar should sit on the bench. Here comes my necro which can wipe entire teams with his stupid ults (while half his skills don't even work as intended ). Like it's not fun not fun at all. Are we seriously mend to wait till the next expansion to get a fraction of balance? Like it has gotten really out of hand.

I can't be the only one noticing this. Like balance has always been bad in ESO , but this expansion has to be the biggest low point for pvp.
    Meanwhile we get 0 information if they even intend to do something about it. The rep programs seem useless and ignored. And the balance team make changes that seem out of nowhere , and give the impression they have no clue how most skills are used in the first place.

Anyone know if they addressed something remotely related to pvp cause i could not find it?

I gotta agree with ya here.