Maintenance for the week of August 26:
• PC/Mac: EU megaserver for maintenance – August 26, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – August 27, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – August 27, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we please do something with the dungeon exit timer?

Ivan04
Ivan04
✭✭✭
Hello everyone.

I came here to complain about the dungeon exit timer. It hasn't really been an issue before (not too often, at least) - in fact, it saved me a couple seconds/hundreds of gold needed to teleport out of the dungeon.
But in the end, this feature is flawed. Why is it flawed? It is flawed because it makes you leave the dungeon that you can't get back into so you could finish the dungeon quest. And begging other players doesn't really help, sadly. Even when you're playing with your acquaintances. And I don't often get to play with my actual friends that are willing to wait for me.
Today I crashed and ported back into the dungeon right as three other random players finished off the boss and left. Then I had a satisfactory run (vWGT), and right after we finished the last boss all three other members left immediately. I teleported off the roof to finish the quest and got removed from the dungeon right as I was about to speak to Sister Terran Arminus.

Can we please do something about it @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert ? I'm sorry for @-ing both of you, but I don't know who I'm supposed to mention (perhaps you could give us a list of specific zos employees?)

Hopefully grateful in advance,
Ivan04
Edited by Ivan04 on June 27, 2019 8:27PM
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is they need a story mode in with normal mode and veteran mode to help them with new player's and lore seeker's or quester's that like a dungeon story.
    Edited by Inhuman003 on June 28, 2019 7:12PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    Community Ambassador
    It used to be, we entered dungeons manually and players could remain in the instance for as much time as they want even if other group members leave. I think it is still this way on PC, but not on Consoles.

    However there are at least 4 dungeons that I know of that are problems to complete simply because of this timer.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

    PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    It used to be, we entered dungeons manually and players could remain in the instance for as much time as they want even if other group members leave. I think it is still this way on PC, but not on Consoles.

    However there are at least 4 dungeons that I know of that are problems to complete simply because of this timer.

    On PC, if everyone leaves the group you get kicked. If they just leave the dungeon but not group, I think you're ok.

    They definitely should lengthen the time to at least 5 or 10 minutes
    Edited by Katahdin on June 29, 2019 8:53PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That timer, the pesky timer. You are definitely not alone on missing a quest because of it. Not sure how many times I have had to repeat a dungeon just to get a few more seconds to hand in the dungeon quest. Nowadays if I get a dungeon quest it feels more like "ahhh! Hand it in fast or repeat the dungeon!"

    That timer could be extended, or it could be removed. What is the harm in someone staying in the dungeon a bit longer? Why is there some insta port? I don't really see a valid reason why it was implemented in the first place. Maybe for a quick exit out of the dungeon once completed, maybe.
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    Imperial Dragonknight CP 600+
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    VDoom1 wrote: »
    That timer could be extended, or it could be removed. What is the harm in someone staying in the dungeon a bit longer? Why is there some insta port? I don't really see a valid reason why it was implemented in the first place. Maybe for a quick exit out of the dungeon once completed, maybe.

    ZOS can only create so many instances for dungeons. And as current performance problems imply they are already running out of server capacity. Someone staying in the dungeon to smell the flowers is preventing four other people from porting in.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    VDoom1 wrote: »
    That timer could be extended, or it could be removed. What is the harm in someone staying in the dungeon a bit longer? Why is there some insta port? I don't really see a valid reason why it was implemented in the first place. Maybe for a quick exit out of the dungeon once completed, maybe.

    ZOS can only create so many instances for dungeons. And as current performance problems imply they are already running out of server capacity. Someone staying in the dungeon to smell the flowers is preventing four other people from porting in.

    Agree, but all that is really needed is 1-2 minutes, tops. 5-10 minutes is unnecessary. Off the top of my head, I think one of the Banished Cells dungeons has a looooooong end scene where the quest ending prompt does not appear until after the scene is over that can be effected by the current timer. EH1 might be another.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selenes Web I don't think I have ever been able to finish the quest on the first run. One character I had to run the thing 4 times to get the quest finished.
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭
    There’s heavy sacks, chests, books, and achievements for killing “x” amount of enemies in many dungeons and trials. It’s kinda inconsiderate having a exit timer forcing you to leave if you care about any of those things. The timer needs to go. It’s unnecessary.
    Edited by Meesha1170 on July 9, 2019 4:06AM
  • RavenRoxie
    RavenRoxie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ivan04 wrote: »
    Hello everyone.

    I came here to complain about the dungeon exit timer. It hasn't really been an issue before (not too often, at least) - in fact, it saved me a couple seconds/hundreds of gold needed to teleport out of the dungeon.
    But in the end, this feature is flawed. Why is it flawed? It is flawed because it makes you leave the dungeon that you can't get back into so you could finish the dungeon quest. And begging other players doesn't really help, sadly. Even when you're playing with your acquaintances. And I don't often get to play with my actual friends that are willing to wait for me.
    Today I crashed and ported back into the dungeon right as three other random players finished off the boss and left. Then I had a satisfactory run (vWGT), and right after we finished the last boss all three other members left immediately. I teleported off the roof to finish the quest and got removed from the dungeon right as I was about to speak to Sister Terran Arminus.

    Can we please do something about it @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert ? I'm sorry for @-ing both of you, but I don't know who I'm supposed to mention (perhaps you could give us a list of specific zos employees?)

    Hopefully grateful in advance,
    Ivan04

    Exactly this.

    Also, this kind of thing happens when questing outside of dungeons while in a group. Several time's I was duo in the Elswyer quest line, I would finish a npc talking moment before my groupmate did, and alot of the time it would kick him out of the quest diolouge completely. So, he was missing parts story pieces here and there because of it.

    Needless to say, this is something that should be worked one badly.
    Phantogram DC | Wood Elf | Magicka Nightblade/ | DPS | 717cp
    False Paradox | AD | Wood Elf | Non Combative Nightblade | Crafter | 717cp
    @RoxieParadoxx | Twitch | Twitter
  • es4eva
    es4eva
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh...was doing Tempest Island, first time... Trying to do quest and keep up with the group made it to last boss and realized I had missed something halfway through. Frantically tried to get back and finish the quest before timer ran out... unsuccessfully...

    Yeah, they should probably fix that.
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And begging other players doesn't really help, sadly

    This sucks! Are you on PC?
    Try doing the quests on normal not vet. On normal you have a better chance to put in a group with others who are also doing the quest. On vet its all about finishing the dungeon fast and continue with the next pledge.
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I'm doing the quest, I just write "Quest" on group chat.
    This has always been working for me.
    If others need the quest done, I have no problem in waiting for them.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"

    Speaker of Sons of the Night Mother guild [PS4][EU]

    1200+ CP
  • kwinter
    kwinter
    ✭✭✭
    There have been numerous post on this issue over years so far ZOS has not responded. I would like them to do something about this, but at this point I don’t see them doing anything
  • phwaap
    phwaap
    ✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

    ZOS can only create so many instances for dungeons. And as current performance problems imply they are already running out of server capacity. Someone staying in the dungeon to smell the flowers is preventing four other people from porting in.

    That is total nonsense. Like saying only so many people can be in Elsweyr or some random cave delve.
    Edited by phwaap on July 30, 2019 9:40PM
  • Fightin_Irish_Johnny
    Fightin_Irish_Johnny
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah I seriously can not believe the game has been around this long and NOTHING is being done to solve this. IT's NOT THAT HARD to program giving players TIME at the end of the dungeon. I am so frustrated today as I decided to take a break from the horrible grind of trying to get my first character to CP 160 so I can get a set of gear that will help provide some serviceability.

    The ironic part to this story is I took a break to do a dungeon and got Tempest Keep. And low and behold a really nice chest is the end quest reward. AND ! it had impenetrable status ! So because everyone was in a hurry to leave from the PUG as I am finishing the cut seen talking to the NPC I see the chest and before I can click POOF auto ported out and no way to get the reward now ... I have spent 400k alliance points buying random gear and had no luck on Impenetrable gear. Finally a chest piece as a reward with the Impenetrable status ! And NO... vanished away.

    I thought OK so this item should come in the mail ? Nope.. gone ... Why would the developers leave this auto port - kick in place and with such a short window ?

    In my search to VENT on this I see numerous complaints basically saying get rid of the auto port. Or give a 120 second ...heck maybe a 60 second WARNING..

    Really bummed out..because that gear with the impenetrable is so hard to get pre CP 160 and even after I imagine..

    The whole idea of make some average to good gear for leveling pvp'ers is another topic of wonder. Worst task so far in the game is getting my first character to CP 160 to open the door to gear hunting. It is pretty brutal when seasoned vets are grouped wearing full impenetrable crit reduction gear and as a new player I am sporting mix n match thrift store gear. At least I have some evasion abilities as a NB lol that is if I am lucky enough to react faster than the 20-30K incoming damage from another player. If its more than one it's lights out haha instantly.

    May as well (Play - Naked !) until getting the CP 160 gear with Impenetrable status.
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭
    Couldn't they just make it so the timer is ignored if you have a quest active for that particular dungeon and only let it start after the quest has been handed in?
Sign In or Register to comment.