The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there a way to use vampire active skills in end game and group content...?

Perashim
Perashim
✭✭✭
Or am I just wasting my time using Invigorating Drain and Clouding Swarm?
Despair for the Living...
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Endgame PVE no.
    For Endgame PVP yes.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE:
    Elusive Mist works great in vCR if you're tanking. There are moments when you have to choose between blocking and possibly being ported to the shadow realm, or dropping block to sprint/dodge and possibly dying from the heavy attack (it can't be dodged). Because of the 75% mitigation you can afford to drop block, and the extra speed will allow you to get to safety quickly.

The only real use I found for Invigorating Drain is building up ulti before doing a dummy parse. Pretty handy for that, but not really something worth becoming a vampire for. I suppose if you have a bit of an opening, you might want to use it to get ulti for a war horn if you're a tank or healer, but in practice such opportunities are so rare that most other skills are better.

As for the ulti, it's just trash.

No clue about PvP.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We were just discussing about that with a guildie yesterday.

I think vampire skills all find their use in PvP. In PvE they can be used for tanking. The mist form may be useful regardless of the role, but it's really situational.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've also seen people using the mist form as an "oh shi&" Button in vAS, other then that you dont see the skills very often in PVE endgame.
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Invigorating drain is the only health percentage-based heal outside of class skill lines. I have seen tanks use it
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perashim wrote: »
    Or am I just wasting my time using Invigorating Drain and Clouding Swarm?

Drain can be good for tanks - especially those who are built to have high health. I use it on one of my tanking builds and it comes in handy. Many tanks swear by mist form as well.
    Edited by Jeremy on June 27, 2019 10:57AM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Invigorating drain is the only health percentage-based heal outside of class skill lines. I have seen tanks use it

not the only one if you count consuming trap
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

technically, you are right but you only get that percentage heal IF the target dies while you have the dot from soul trap on it. so really worthless. and it is only 10%. drain is 3 ticks of 20% on demand, as long as you have a target alive in front of you.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on June 27, 2019 7:56PM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

technically, you are right but you only get that percentage heal IF the target dies while you have the dot from soul trap on it. so really worthless. and it is only 10%. drain is 3 ticks of 20% on demand, as long as you have a target alive in front of you.

True, drain is too good: proc skoria, deals decent dmg, stuns and heals.

Some time ago I used it to proc powerlash. I just bashed through the animation and it allowed me to use lash.

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭
    So what I'm getting at is:

Mist is good for tanking and PvP
    Drain is good for PvP
    Bat Swarm and it's morphs are worthless.
    Despair for the Living...
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Perashim wrote: »
    So what I'm getting at is:

Mist is good for tanking and PvP
    Drain is good for PvP
    Bat Swarm and it's morphs are worthless.

Bats is OK...not EotS strong, but it can be casted at ~120 ulti when paired with Akaviri Dragonguard and Alteration Master. On a DK that's pretty cool because it gives you resources equivalent to a 200 ulti on Battle Roar

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road