The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Looking for ISP - In Vancouver/Burnaby, BC, Canada and NOT having frequent disconnects from ESO

Dusk_Coven
Dusk_Coven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
If you do NOT have connection issues with ESO,
AND are in the Canada, British Columbia, Vancouver or Burnaby area,
please indicate your ISP so I can consider my options. I don't think my current ISP reseller is really investigating the issue at all.
  • Ankaridan
    Ankaridan
    ✭✭✭
    When I lived just off Marine + Boundary I switched from Telus to Shaw and found a significant improvement.

I'm in the Delta-White Rock now but still with Shaw. I never have latency, disconnect, etc issues. Combined with an SSD and minimal add-ons my system is rock-solid.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ankaridan wrote: »
    I'm in the Delta-White Rock now but still with Shaw. I never have latency, disconnect, etc issues. Combined with an SSD and minimal add-ons my system is rock-solid.

I'm with a SHAW reseller at the moment so I guess the problem might really be at the reseller level. Good to know I can either go with SHAW or another SHAW reseller.
    Main reason I'm not with SHAW directly is because I don't need their overpowered packages. I just don't do that much internet-ing.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on June 27, 2019 3:16AM
  • Ankaridan
    Ankaridan
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I don't trust resellers. Who knows that you're actually getting what you pay for, aren't facing reseller bottlenecks, shared bandwidth, etc. Some can do alright but I've seen some shady ones.

I'm on the Internet 300 with Shaw, go big or go home. I am not a patient person when it comes to Internet (and I don't have a TV or a cell phone, so between gaming, online TV, work files and online conferences my useage is pretty high.) That said, last night I downloaded a steam game @ 23 Gbs (Alien Isolation) and it downloaded and installed in ~35 mins, while I was running pledges in ESO. With no latency, disconnection or performance issues.

I have no concerns about paying big $$ to Shaw in exchange for that kind of speed and stability.
    Edited by Ankaridan on June 27, 2019 4:48AM