The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Chat channel and tab won't stay put after porting.

GarnetFire17
GarnetFire17
✭✭✭✭
Title says it. My chat channel keeps resetting to /zone channel to the CHAT tab whenever I teleport. Chat addons I am using I that I can think of being the issue are pChat, Shissu's guild tools, wkkyd en chat, and chat window manager. Or is this a game setting I am missing somewhere? I would really like to to fix this.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check the pChat settings, there are options for the chat channel.
    I do not use the other addons so I do not know if they have settings for this as well.

If you want to use a highly customizable addon to support autoamtic chat channel switch upon incoming messages, or automatic chat tab switch upon incoming chat messages (e.g. you use chat tab1 for say/zone and system messages and chat tab 2 for guilds, chat tab 3 for whispers and group -> the addon will switch tochat tab 2 upon incoming guild messages and chat tab 3 upon incoming group or whisper messages) + additional options for chat sounds on incoming messages or keywords defined on a list:
    It also remebers the chat channel you have used the last on each chat tab and enables a simple chat channel switch to the same chat channel which was used for the last incoming chat message (e..g your chat is at /zone and there is an incoming /say message. You press RETURN and the chat channel will automatically switch to /say so you can answer at once):

FCO ChatTabBrain
  • GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭
    I figured out that it was Shissu's Chat causing it. It insisted I have one default tab to keep defaulting to though it let me choose which and it overrides everything. I had to disable shissu's chat which is a shame because I liked a lot of the features such as the time stamp withe the date. pchat time stamp doesn't have a date.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a look at LibChatMessage, maybe it can help there.