Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So Why Dont More Stam Necros Use This Set????

darougaroux
darougaroux
✭✭
Swamp Raider

LEVEL 50 CHAMPION 160

(2 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical
(3 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
(4 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
(5 items) Adds 400 Weapon Damage to your Poison and Disease Damage abilities

Let's see, that 400 more damage to Venom Skull, Blighted Blast Bones, Detonating Siphon....

Am I not reading this right? This set looks killer for Stam Necro. Ive yet to see it on any if the web guides or video guides.
  • huschdeguddzje
    huschdeguddzje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because it does not buff LA, endless hail and caltrops, huge chunk of your dps
    Edited by huschdeguddzje on June 26, 2019 4:08PM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There’s a whole slew of sets like that kind of bonus that just inevitably don’t work well and for the same reason. They only buff half the skills you use. Even when they would had been good, there were better things to use.
  • darougaroux
    darougaroux
    ✭✭
    Hmmm, I see. Sad. Looks good at face value.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Try it out and see if you can make it work.
    You still have a second 5-set bonus plus a monster set to add more buffs and maybe complement this set.
    Don't take two replies on this forum as authoritative gospel.

The set is easy enough to get, why not play with it for a bit and see for yourself?
    smile.gif

• darougaroux
    darougaroux
    ✭✭
    Well I'm using Hundings and this set. I'm, 270 cp and my venom skull is criting for 12k on vet bosses, Blighted BB is hitting for 14k. Seems good. I'm not using a bow.
    Edited by darougaroux on June 26, 2019 5:31PM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There you go. It works ok. Something fun to mess around with. No buts. If you’re not playing meta ( that’s for me too) you’re constantly looking for the next best thing.

There’s lots of those. What’s the best of the next best thing? Who knows. The important thing is to have 2 full sets and a clean rotation.
  • darougaroux
    darougaroux
    ✭✭
    Yeah getting the rotation down and the whole animation cancelling is a chore. I finally got a dummy to bang on at my house, so we will see. Thanks for the help.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swamp Raider

LEVEL 50 CHAMPION 160

Let's see, that 400 more damage to Venom Skull, Blighted Blast Bones, Detonating Siphon....

Am I not reading this right? This set looks killer for Stam Necro. Ive yet to see it on any if the web guides or video guides.

Its one of the sets I keep available on my themed poison DK Argonian. Every single damage skill slotted, is poison or disease, so its a great set in that respect.

Other sets I keep on him are Sheer Venom and Leeching Plate. I tend to use Velidreth for the Monster set.

I would not use Swam Raider set for a Stamcro because its likely about half my damage skills will not be poison or disease, in which case there are simply better sets to use.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Its a solid PVP set, typically for gankers
  • Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good but like other have said, that 400 wpn damage doesnt effect light attacks or any healing you do either. Bit like wearing automaton and sword singer, hit like a truck but vigor ticks would be limp :#
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is more of Stamblade PvP set than necro tbh.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because Velidreth, Relequen and lokkestiiz is stronger than anything you can build with swamp raider.
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swamp Raider

LEVEL 50 CHAMPION 160

This is one of those sets where it's really up to the player to determine if it's worth it or not, depending on their playstyle, rather than an upfront set which is hands-down preferred. I've played with it in the past, and liked it, but it was specific for what I did with it. As others have said, the bonus is exclusive to weapon damage on your poison/disease hits, so anything else you do will not count. Having another set that DOES in conjunction with Swamp Raider...makes the set more viable.