Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Next Player Hero to be Shown Again is the Nord - Where Will He Take Us?

WuffyCerulei
WuffyCerulei
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
A little something I’ve noticed about the last 2 chapters is that they both reintroduced the Altmer and Breton heroes from the original cinematic trailers for ESO. (Just an fyi, these heroes represent the player of ESO). So, the next hero is to be the Nord guy. Last time we saw him, he was in what I assume is Coldharbour after going after Mannimarco. So, where do you think the absolute unit will take us next? I’m personally leaning towards Western Skyrim (and hopefully Winterhold pre-collapse) OR Akivir. Western Skyrim makes sense, as it hasn’t been touched besides Falkreath for a dungeon. But wny Akivir? Cuz this year’s theme is leaning towards actually introducing Akivir to the Elder Scrolls games. The Dragonguard, heavy Akiviri historical presence in Elsweyr, the Dragons, and a small town in Northern Elsweyr are making me think that.
For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its not going to be Akavir, Bethesda has made it very clear that they want Akavir to remain a mystery.

Also, Winterhold isn't in Western Skyrim, Its supposed to be right above Eastmarch. Unfortunately (much like the city of Blacklight) Winterhold doesn't exist in eso because the map is all screwed up. So I guess we won't be seeing Winterhold unless they finally decide to fix the map.

A section of Western and Central Skyrim would be cool, especially if they use Shalidor's Maze in Labyrinthian for a trial.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know a lot of people want nothing to do with any "skyrim" areas on the map. But a pre-collapse Winterhold would be interesting, and who knows, maybe we could help with the demolition to help bring the city to it's 4th era state :D . Also, at this time the Reachmen control a lot of western Skyrim. There could be interesting story lines with the Reachmen, the Falmer, Snowelves and the underground complex of Blackreach.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given the Nord stereotypes the game uses, I imagine a tavern...
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To the tavern.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fthumbs.gfycat.com%2FMassiveEssentialChimneyswift-max-1mb.gif&f=1
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always hoped that he becomes the Cinematic universe's Vestige.

So I'd be up for storming the Colored Rooms of Meridia. Since now he and the Elven Hero who did Summerset have a good reason to
    get Darien back.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those 3 heroes only represent 3 races. So I assume they maybe represent 3 ESO Factions maybe ? Also only 1 of those characters has a name and appears in game as NPC (Queen Ayrenn). The other 2 are simply referred to as Nord hero & Breton hero.

Technically we have other characters that were in various eso trailers:
    - Naryu (Dark Elf)
    - Abnur Tharn (Imperial)
    - Razum-dar & Khamira (Khajiit... lol that is 2 !)
    - Queen Ayrenn (Altmer)
    - Sai Sahan (Redguard; Technically he did not said anything but he was in last ESO E3 trailer and is in a base game as NPC, and he will most likely make a come-back in next story DLC Dragonhold)

So far we are missing:
    - Nord (Technically we have Nord hero, but he is not in the game as NPC so idk if that counts).
    - Breton (Similar situation, we have Breton hero in base game trailers & Elsweyr, but there is no such NPC in-game).
    - Wood Elf (N/A)
    - Orc (N/A)
    - Argonian (N/A)
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on June 26, 2019 2:37PM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those 3 heroes only represent 3 races. So I assume they maybe represent 3 ESO Factions maybe ? Also only 1 of those characters has a name and appears in game as NPC (Queen Ayrenn). The other 2 are simply referred to as Nord hero & Breton hero.

The High Elf from the cinematics is not Queen Ayrenn. She's an unnamed hero, like the other two.
    Edited by Seraphayel on June 26, 2019 2:39PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw, for those who are wondering what OP is talking about, here is a compilation of all cinematic trailers: https://youtu.be/PTWtdw-7CLE
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • aranarth78b16_ESO
    aranarth78b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    DLC: The Rising of Rigurt.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- Naryu (Dark Elf)
    - Abnur Tharn (Imperial)
    - Queen Ayrenn (Altmer)
    - Sai Sahan (Redguard; Technically he did not said anything but he was in last ESO E3 trailer and is in a base game as NPC, and he will most likely make a come-back in next story DLC Dragonhold)

So far we are missing:
    - Nord (Technically we have Nord hero, but he is not in the game as NPC so idk if that counts).
    - Breton (Similar situation, we have Breton hero in base game trailers & Elsweyr, but there is no such NPC in-game).
    - Wood Elf (N/A)
    - Orc (N/A)
    - Argonian (N/A)

Darien is a notable Breton. And you forget about exploits of the manservant Stibbons while he messes up Lady Clarisse Laurent's terrible plans lol.

For orc, we have Skordo the knife, who was in Orsinium and follows you throughout the entire Daggerfall questline to coldharbour. He can make another entrance soon.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Fivefivesix
    Fivefivesix
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still trying to figure out how the Breton hero made it back from being killed in one of the earlier trailers. Yeah he is a necromancer now but who brought him back from the dead? And why does he continue to get his A** kicked lol. Loved the new trailer though

It would be awesome to see the Nord hero come back. Maybe we'll see him later this year fighting dragons in southern eleswer along side the Breton hero.
    United we stand, divided we fall.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Axdin’s Revenge: Destruction of the Fancy Men

latest?cb=20151106005949
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

- Naryu (Dark Elf)
    - Abnur Tharn (Imperial)
    - Queen Ayrenn (Altmer)

So far we are missing:
    - Wood Elf (N/A)
    - Orc (N/A)
    - Argonian (N/A)

Darien is a notable Breton. And you forget about exploits of the manservant Stibbons while he messes up Lady Clarisse Laurent's terrible plans lol.

For orc, we have Skordo the knife, who was in Orsinium and follows you throughout the entire Daggerfall questline to coldharbour. He can make another entrance soon.
    Are those characters you mentioned both in ESO as NPC and in ESO trailers ? I think those only appear in game, and non of them is in any of ESO's Cinematic trailers.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think we will see the Nord Hero fighting Dwemer Automata in the vicinity of Alftand and then in Blackreach.
    PC EU
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elder Scrolls Online - Soulgem

The adventures of a Nord trapped inside a soulgem
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

The High Elf from the cinematics is not Queen Ayrenn. She's an unnamed hero, like the other two.

Yep. Unless Ayrenn dyed her hair red...definitely not Ayrenn.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know he is comic relief, but I’m always glad to run into him. I’d really like a questline that gives him the recognition he deserves as a cultural exchange representative. He’s doing more to end the 3 banners war than anyone.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

- Naryu (Dark Elf)
    - Abnur Tharn (Imperial)
    - Queen Ayrenn (Altmer)

So far we are missing:
    - Wood Elf (N/A)
    - Orc (N/A)
    - Argonian (N/A)

Are those characters you mentioned both in ESO as NPC and in ESO trailers ? I think those only appear in game, and non of them is in any of ESO's Cinematic trailers.

true, not in trailers.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    solstheim would be cool...or Winterhold or a dawnguard dlc with the vampire castle and a fully fletched out vampire skill line
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrobag wrote: »
    Its not going to be Akavir, Bethesda has made it very clear that they want Akavir to remain a mystery.

Also, Winterhold isn't in Western Skyrim, Its supposed to be right above Eastmarch. Unfortunately (much like the city of Blacklight) Winterhold doesn't exist in eso because the map is all screwed up. So I guess we won't be seeing Winterhold unless they finally decide to fix the map.

A section of Western and Central Skyrim would be cool, especially if they use Shalidor's Maze in Labyrinthian for a trial.

There's plenty of room for Winterhold to be placed right where it should be. The issue is that Windhelm was located too far to the east. It lies almost right where Blacklight should be. Riften is a little too far east as well. I've always just played off the changes in game maps between the different games as cartography errors (unreliable cartographer?), because I consider the map to be an "in game" representation, but these are pretty big changes. Cartography must be a brand new science to the 2nd era. I just lined up the northern coast of Skyrim for the image.

28vdap5.jpg

I should have added that the Skyrim map I used here has errors as well. Whiterun should be to the northwest of Throat of the World and Markarth (Side) is way too far east.
    Edited by Number_51 on June 26, 2019 3:53PM
  • Chadak
    Chadak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The nearest tavern is where he'll take us.

We should get a fourteen minute trailer of him getting roaring drunk in a tavern, charging haphazardly out into the wilderness, propositioning a giantess, being chased by her giant husband through half of Skyrim, hiding in a tree because he forgot that the giant was eye level with his new hiding place and then getting launched somewhere out into space.

Segue into the next expansion: Elder Scrolls Online: Adventures in Spaaaaaaaaaaaace

Travel to the moon! Try to save the Nord iconic from the consequences of his drunken misadventure!

On second thought, best just to skip it.