The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Would you like to craft your own costumes, gloves,hats or even carve your own walking sticks?

wishlist14
wishlist14
✭✭✭✭✭
I would love to see some new costume type crafted item for us crafters to make. It would be fun and bring me great joy to be able to craft friends or guildies gifts that i made myself without it being armour or weapons. I know we have the crown store costumes but it would be nice to be able to sew some dresses or shirts for ourselves.
Some nightshirts or pyjamas, eso style afcourse.

I just think it would give crafting a fun twist and the costumes can be different from crown store items so as not to disturb the business model zos has in place. What do you all think about this?
Edited by wishlist14 on June 26, 2019 11:58AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of, not really?

If this was Skyrim, where we could actually mod the game with our own models and textures, sure. But it isn't, and so the Devs would have to design all the pieces we'd get to use. I doubt the Devs would give us the flexibility or amount we'd desire, and it would absolutely be monetized like the Outfit system so the Devs could make profit from their effort.

What I would like instead is for all the lootable clothing pieces in game to be added to the Outfit system. Right now, we can't really wear non-costume clothes without a massive stat penalty. But being able to steal and learn Clothing Style Pages would be awesome, use assets that are already in game, and it would fit well with the existing Outfit System.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the style system was first announced, I was hoping that we would be able to create outfits to give to other players. The entire reason I became a style master originally was to help other players express their own sense of style that complements their characters. Needless to say, I was pretty disappointed when I learned that this wasn't going to be a feature. It's not quite the same as what you are suggesting, but it is similar in some respects.

I don't see the developers adding it as a feature. Our dreams of being fashion designers for the masses will go unrequited.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm disappointed that the Outfits system doesn't extend to costumes, too. It would have been much better if the costumes came as collections of single-slot items that could be mixed and matched. To some extent, they are, but the mix and match was done by ZOS, reusing parts of one costume to create another, and of course selling the pieces twice that way.

Look at the "Holiday in Balmora" costume, for example. The boots and pants are also part of the "Corseted Riding Outfit" and the chest re-appears with a skirt as "Buoyant Gentility". Please let us do the same.