The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

How the MMR appears to work

ItsDyvim
ItsDyvim
✭✭✭
Background:
I have played PVP from beta. I've been Emp 6 times. I've played Battleground since release. I know ALL the rules of the games.

Current Situation:
If I create a new character and level up to 15 and equip it for pvp and queue solo, I own the other players. My mmr is zero.

If i take another new character and level up to 15 and equip it for pvp and group with others of the same level and they have no BG experience, our MMR is much, much higher. Like we cannot win the BG, last place every single time. Our MMR Is super high.

So what happens is, I bring brand new players into BG for the first time and they get OWNED, and they never return again. Is this the intent of the MMR? Discourage new players in BGs?

I get post 50 BG premade groups getting a higher MMR but under 50?

Let's change it to; you have a premade group and everyone has a zero mmr your group mmr is zero, after that go with the current system.
This would not discourage new people to BGs.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Group matching shouldn't even be tied to MMR, having group matching tied to MMR is perhaps the stupidest thing about the BGs match making system.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I’m having a case of the Mondays, I BG with my twinked out level 30 MagPlar with all Gold Gear.

Sometimes you just want to see the world burn.
    Edited by ChunkyCat on June 26, 2019 3:12AM
  • ItsDyvim
    ItsDyvim
    ✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    When I’m having a case of the Mondays, I BG with my twinked out level 30 MagPlar with all Gold Gear.

Solo or grouped?
  • ItsDyvim
    ItsDyvim
    ✭✭✭

And for the record when I say my level 15 is setup for pvp, it means I am wearing sets that are good for pvp ... not the pve sets, they are blue. Weapons purple.
  • ItsDyvim
    ItsDyvim
    ✭✭✭
    ItsDyvim wrote: »

And for the record when I say my level 15 is setup for pvp, it means I am wearing sets that are good for pvp ... not the pve sets, they are blue. Weapons purple.

and green jewelry
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i suppose a team that was in charge of the battlegrounds got fired long time so nobody knows how it works and how to fix it and other bugs
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It works like pure dog crap, simple as that. Needs to be completely removed
  • J2JMC
    J2JMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »

Chill. Battlegrounds is the only consistent no cp pvp. It's necessary for now.
    Knee Jerk, L2P, Obtuse, Casual, Entitled, All The Best, unnecessary mention of CoD

Battle leveling for pve content defeats the idea of progression. Remove CP

"Apparently the players are more informed than we are"-Richard Lambert

• frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    J2JMC wrote: »
    frostz417 wrote: »

Chill. Battlegrounds is the only consistent no cp pvp. It's necessary for now.

I said MMR needs to be removed, not battlegrounds itself