Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

How to swap alliance at end of campaign?

ThePedge
ThePedge
✭✭✭✭✭
So I disavowed the Alliance 1 (A1) when Faction Lock dropped, so I could play with a friend that freshly got the game and made two Alliance 2 (A2) toons.

However, I want to swap back.

When I tried at the end of last camp it told me I was still locked in.

Do I need to abandon all campaigns before they end, forfeiting my rewards? or can you do it afterwards?

I think I read somewhere if you have a A2 toon logged into cyro on that camp still it will be locked.

So can I just make sure all my A2 toons are out of cyro when it ends, log in, abandon and I should be able to lock in as A1?

Best Answer

• JadonSky
    JadonSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah there is a bug/flaw right now that if you are still in Cyrodiil and login if the campaign has already reset you are forced locked again. The only way to avoid this is to make sure you exit Cyrodiil after you PVP. Then when you login you can check if its reset then log into the next faction you want.

This would be my assumption based on what iv seen on the forum. I only play DC so hasn't been an issue for me.
    Answer ✓
  • psk177ub17_ESO
    psk177ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes this bug or lack of software design benched 6 of my toons since I could not swap from EP to DC. Thanks
  • SKYICE01
    SKYICE01
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for being brain dead zos
  • Wihuri
    Wihuri
    ✭✭✭
    OK SO HOW THE *** DO I SWAP ALLIANCE? I NEED TO WAIT FOR MY FACTION TO BE POP LOCKED BEFORE I CAN LOG IN ON MY TOONS TO DROP OUT OF CYRO? YOU EXPECT ME TO WAIT UNTIL PRIME TIME?
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wihuri wrote: »
    OK SO HOW THE *** DO I SWAP ALLIANCE? I NEED TO WAIT FOR MY FACTION TO BE POP LOCKED BEFORE I CAN LOG IN ON MY TOONS TO DROP OUT OF CYRO? YOU EXPECT ME TO WAIT UNTIL PRIME TIME?

If you didn't leave Cyro before the camp ended, yes, you have to wait until there's a queue before logging into any of those characters.

You'll also have to pay 100k AP per character. :/
  • Wihuri
    Wihuri
    ✭✭✭
    JK YOU CANT EVEN IF YOU WANT TO! LOL GOTTEM! ZOS PLAYING 4D CHESS WITH MONKEY TURDS GGWP
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had no issue this time around.

All my F1 chars were not in cyrodil when Campaign reset, abandoned on all those characters, locked in on F2.
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    You'll also have to pay 100k AP per character. :/

I like these penalties in any form for players. My personal favorite is the battlegrounds deserter penalty, it's definitely the most fun to crash just before the end of the match so as much as possible time is wasted. Rewards are also great for the forced quitters: 1 free restart and ever fun loading screens, 20 minutes deserter penalty when unable to play bg or receive ap at all even from Cyrodiil, missed ap and xp from the match. Just remember when you must pay some penalty fee, it means you have done something wrong. Sadly I haven't been able to enjoy these great features since my account has been completely stuck for over 4 months now, perhaps I need somekind on penalty...
  • Shanehere
    Shanehere
    ✭✭✭
    I was still locked to a campaign despite not being in Cyrodiil because I had it declared as a Home campaign for one of my characters.

I needed to abandon that campaign before the start of the next campaign before I could enter it on a different alliance.
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shanehere wrote: »
    I was still locked to a campaign despite not being in Cyrodiil because I had it declared as a Home campaign for one of my characters.

I needed to abandon that campaign before the start of the next campaign before I could enter it on a different alliance.

You don't have to abandon it before the next one starts. It will say you're locked but if you log into the character and abandon it the lock is removed.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    | Magicka Nightblade | AR43 |
    AD | Zevrro II | Magicka Nightblade | AR50 | 09-02-2019 |
    DC | Not Zevrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR33 |
    EP | Ževrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR14 |
    Other PvP Characters
    AD | Zevrro VII | Stamina Warden | AR33 |
    AD | Zevrro XII | Magicka Warden | AR22 |
    DC | Not Zevrro II | Magicka Warden | AR14 |
    DC | Necrotic Zevrro | Magicka Necromancer | AR17 |
    EP | Real-Skyice | Stamina Warden | AR10 |

>156m AP
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a bit confused. I played on ep last campaign, and it reset after i logged off last night.

I was planning on just logging into an ad character first today, and locking on him...are you saying since i didn't leave cyro before logging off, im still going to be locked to ep?

Wtf
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a bit confused. I played on ep last campaign, and it reset after i logged off last night.

I was planning on just logging into an ad character first today, and locking on him...are you saying since i didn't leave cyro before logging off, im still going to be locked to ep?

Wtf

You get 5 minutes to leave Cyrodil if you don't want to be locked into that alliance now
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »

Wtf

You get 5 minutes to leave Cyrodil if you don't want to be locked into that alliance now

Props to ZOS for actually listening to the player base and addressing this.
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm more concerned that I haven't entered a 30 day in 3 months and still have to pay 150k ap to home a 30day....legit broken af
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm more concerned that I haven't entered a 30 day in 3 months and still have to pay 150k ap to home a 30day....legit broken af

That's because your home campaign stays set to home unless you change it by paying the AP or set it to leave at the end of the campaign.

Home campaigns never reset on their own unless you tell them to or ZOS releases all the characters to rehome, as they did with the swap from the Morrowind campaigns to Elsweyr.
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's because your home campaign stays set to home unless you change it by paying the AP or set it to leave at the end of the campaign.

Home campaigns never reset on their own unless you tell them to or ZOS releases all the characters to rehome, as they did with the swap from the Morrowind campaigns to Elsweyr.

You used to be able to reset home campaigns for free if your current home campaign ended and you haven't entered Cyrodiil yet in your current home. Let's be clear. I have not entered any campaign, whatsoever, in over 3 months. All I do now is BGs and IC. All characters still have to pay 150k to switch home campaign to 30day..
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You used to be able to reset home campaigns for free if your current home campaign ended and you haven't entered Cyrodiil yet in your current home. Let's be clear. I have not entered any campaign, whatsoever, in over 3 months. All I do now is BGs and IC. All characters still have to pay 150k to switch home campaign to 30day..

Don't try to abandon a campaign, try to home a new campaign. When you home a new campaign, you get the option to switch now and pay, or switch when the campaign ends for free.
    Edited by Ackwalan on October 18, 2019 3:16AM
  • Àdhamh_Creag
    Àdhamh_Creag
    ✭✭
    How to implement a faction lock nobody wanted you ask ?

Oh just make sure it's broken and you can't play the faction you want to play in a campaign, Good work Zenimax