The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Innate Axiom for Stam Necro?

darougaroux
darougaroux
✭✭
If I'm focused on 2 hand sword and staff on back bar, wouldnt thus set be good for boneyard, blast bones, venom skull? If I'm only using sword for brawler shield in my rotation?
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Step 1: Don't run a 2 hander and a staff.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • darougaroux
    darougaroux
    ✭✭
    Im not running bow. I think its silly how a Bow is almost required in this game for any stamina build. It makes the game bland and dull and homogenized. Even if Zen doesnt change it, Ill run staff for sheer diversity. I hate Bow, cause thats what everyone cookie cuts to.
  • nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can go any weapon combination in PvP and be succesful
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    this whole not using a bow is coming up a lot lately, its really strange. but here is my 2 cents-

try to get master dagger/axe and run bars that look like this-

front bar, infused weapon damage enchant greatsword-

trap, Reverse Slice, Detonating Siphon, Blighted Blast Bones, Venom Skull, ulti flawless dawnbreaker

back bar, if using enchant, dual infused absorb stamina/poison, if not, nirn main hand nirn off sharp or whatever and use double dot poisons, then dual dagger or axes, doesn't really matter but if you proc ax bleed from the back bar, that damage will carry over, so whatever you got.

Caltrops, Blood Craze, Deadly Cloak, Skeletal Archer, Mortal Coil, ulti Pestilent Colossus

basically using Deadly Cloak and blood craze instead of endless hail and poison injection. mortal coil is for stamina support and some heals. this set up will get you more then 30k dps, especially if you have master daggers/axes.

as for set, just use spriggan/hundings with whatever monster you want.

but if you insist on being "hybrid"then use shaklebraker and Pelinal's Aptitude, in medium all weapon damage enchants, those 2 sets are the most balance statwise and give you the most bang for your buck, axion only applies to your class skills. then your bar would look something like this-

front bar is precise and a flame damage, since the enchants status effect will make the wall of element stronger.

skills are the same, you want reverse slice, it is really too good not to have, synergise perfectly with the Death Knell crit passive.

back bar is infused fire staff, berserk enchant.

Caltrops, Unnerving Boneyard, Elemental Blockade, Skeletal Archer, Mortal Coil, ulti Pestilent Colossus

basically, you want to switch out blood craze and element blockade. since block will proc your berserk enchant from your back bar, you put the enchant there.

use the thief mundus stone. your crit is going to about 50% for stam ns like 40% for mag, really low.

just tossed a build together and came up with some really good stats, lacking pen but in a group, that is not too bad, here is a screenshot-

pNPFkce.jpg

with that build, venom skull hits for almost 10k, while boneyard is like 3.3k dps. not too bad and the regen is good too, like 1.1k for mag and 1.3k for stam, when the archer is up. forgot that you get 1500 pen when you use boneyard, plus the major debuffs.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on June 24, 2019 9:22PM
  • darougaroux
    darougaroux
    ✭✭
    this whole not using a bow is coming up a lot lately, its really strange. but here is my 2 cents-

trap, Reverse Slice, Detonating Siphon, Blighted Blast Bones, Venom Skull, ulti flawless dawnbreaker

back bar, if using enchant, dual infused absorb stamina/poison, if not, nirn main hand nirn off sharp or whatever and use double dot poisons, then dual dagger or axes, doesn't really matter but if you proc ax bleed from the back bar, that damage will carry over, so whatever you got.

Caltrops, Blood Craze, Deadly Cloak, Skeletal Archer, Mortal Coil, ulti Pestilent Colossus

basically using Deadly Cloak and blood craze instead of endless hail and poison injection. mortal coil is for stamina support and some heals. this set up will get you more then 30k dps, especially if you have master daggers/axes.

but if you insist on being "hybrid"then use shaklebraker and Pelinal's Aptitude, in medium all weapon damage enchants, those 2 sets are the most balance statwise and give you the most bang for your buck, axion only applies to your class skills. then your bar would look something like this-

front bar is precise and a flame damage, since the enchants status effect will make the wall of element stronger.

skills are the same, you want reverse slice, it is really too good not to have, synergise perfectly with the Death Knell crit passive.

Caltrops, Unnerving Boneyard, Elemental Blockade, Skeletal Archer, Mortal Coil, ulti Pestilent Colossus

basically, you want to switch out blood craze and element blockade. since block will proc your berserk enchant from your back bar, you put the enchant there.

use the thief mundus stone. your crit is going to about 50% for stam ns like 40% for mag, really low.

just tossed a build together and came up with some really good stats, lacking pen but in a group, that is not too bad, here is a screenshot-

pNPFkce.jpg

with that build, venom skull hits for almost 10k, while boneyard is like 3.3k dps. not too bad and the regen is good too, like 1.5k for mag and 1.3k for stam, when the archer is up. forgot that you get 1500 pen when you use boneyard, plus the major debuffs.

Hey thanks alot! I appreciate the effort int hat post.

Yeah I know the bow thing is weird but its the very fact that everyone uses it that turns me off. I dont like it when I HAVE to use this build or HAVE to use this weapon...it just pisses me off to no end. I wanna play the way I want to play and Bow is NOT fit in with my ethos for a Necromancer...it seriously kills the class fantasy for me.
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭

pNPFkce.jpg

with that build, venom skull hits for almost 10k, while boneyard is like 3.3k dps. not too bad and the regen is good too, like 1.5k for mag and 1.3k for stam, when the archer is up. forgot that you get 1500 pen when you use boneyard, plus the major debuffs.

Yeah I know the bow thing is weird but its the very fact that everyone uses it that turns me off. I dont like it when I HAVE to use this build or HAVE to use this weapon...it just pisses me off to no end. I wanna play the way I want to play and Bow is NOT fit in with my ethos for a Necromancer...it seriously kills the class fantasy for me.

Every stam build seems to be running around with 2 handers.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blinkin8r wrote: »

Dont listen to this guy, its a great basis for a build if you make it work, I've had huge fun doing so.
    Edited by Grianasteri on June 25, 2019 2:31PM
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I'm focused on 2 hand sword and staff on back bar, wouldnt thus set be good for boneyard, blast bones, venom skull? If I'm only using sword for brawler shield in my rotation?

Yes, if your main dps damage is coming from your class skills, then Innate Axiom could work for you. If you are attempting to run a magica/stam hybrid, Innate Axiom is a good option. Other sets to consider, off the top of my head:

Shacklebreaker
    Pelinal
    Twice born star
    Grave stake
    Cold harbours favorite

And other overland/dungeon sets. Another option is to take a pure magica set and a pure stamina set, and run both, seems obvious but chucking Julianos and Hundings on can make for an interesting build, for instance.

People heavily frown on hybrid builds in these forums because there is a high proportion of min/max players for whom such an idea is anathema. But for the majority of the player base, doing the majority of the content available, a hybrid build is perfectly viable and more importantly, hugely enjoyable.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if 100% of your damage is coming from class skills there are better options for sets. The extra 100 weapon/spell damage over sets like Julianos or Hundings does not outweigh the lack of a good 2 or 3 piece bonus. You are most likely mixing in some skills from the two weapon skill lines you’ve chosen, which also detracts from Axiom.

I guess the only way Axiom would be better than alternatives would be if you used exclusively class skills, but for some reason wanted to mix some stamina and some magicka morphs of those class skills.

Edit: Also, I don’t believe Innate Axiom affects Light and Heavy Attack damage, which is a massive loss.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on June 25, 2019 4:27PM
  • darougaroux
    darougaroux
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the replies guys.
  • darougaroux
    darougaroux
    ✭✭
    Even if 100% of your damage is coming from class skills there are better options for sets. The extra 100 weapon/spell damage over sets like Julianos or Hundings does not outweigh the lack of a good 2 or 3 piece bonus. You are most likely mixing in some skills from the two weapon skill lines you’ve chosen, which also detracts from Axiom.

I guess the only way Axiom would be better than alternatives would be if you used exclusively class skills, but for some reason wanted to mix some stamina and some magicka morphs of those class skills.

Edit: Also, I don’t believe Innate Axiom affects Light and Heavy Attack damage, which is a massive loss.

Yes, that is what Im doing, the only two handed ability I am using is Brawler for the shield. Everything else is class based, stamina spells.
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dont listen to this guy, its a great basis for a build if you make it work, I've had huge fun doing so.

*Don't listen to me if you never want to be useful at end game content and would rather be a pro delve/quester.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*Don't listen to me if you never want to be useful at end game content and would rather be a pro delve/quester.

You make my point for me. Perhaps that is what YOU want to do, perhaps YOU think only end game content is worth playing, perhaps YOU think you need to min/max to complete such end game content. That's fine, each to their own.

But the reality is there are lots of ways to play ESO, lots of fun to be had and an absolute ton of content, the vast majority of which does not require any min/max elite dps build/gear and can absolutely be done, efficiently and with fun, using hybrid builds.

I have several hybrid builds that I can run vet dungeons and trials with. So when I see comments like yours its a little funny.
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭

pNPFkce.jpg

Ahaha, I was thinking the exact same way for my healer.
    No way it would be a templar main (even if I've play mostly with him the time to learn all I can about healer) and no way I use Olorime set than every single healer have !
    Same as you, *** me off when in a game with huge variety, everyone use the same set/build just because it's OP.

Now I've test almost all I can for set and class and I'm becoming little by little a NB healer main and it's very fun and efficient :)

Don't let your dream be dream son, go in !

Edit : also, make test, lot and lot of test until you sur it work. Fun and unique build are cool, but that not a reason to made something useless. Sometime you will have to find compromise between your idea and the reality. But it's worth it !
    Edited by Aznarb on June 28, 2019 11:42AM
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]