The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

When Will ZOS talk about horrible performance?

Jjitsuboy98
Jjitsuboy98
✭✭✭✭
I usually don’t post. But the game in PVP is frustrating. It’s almost broken. From the insane lag to the random disconnects. I just got error 307 and can’t log in. I have played this game for years and am very Discouraged. Why will they not address performance issues? Is it because customers are feeding them money no matter what? Why are we doing that? These performance issues are unacceptable and they need to focus full team on fixing them with no other sights in view before issues are fixed.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did talk about it. Don’t worry they’re optimizing character models... or something... again. It didn’t work last time so it will probably work this time.
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it is super sad. I am down to only having BGs and IC that are remotely playable. Have not been able to PvP in cyrodiil for years now, due to the lag...

Unfortunately it will probably not be fixed anytime soon. If they could, they probably already would have. So i guess this is the game we get..
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil has been a lag fest since day one.

The only thing that’s changed is the fresh influx of players who think the lag is abnormal.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zos wont do anything that wont bring them money. its obvious. they cant sell fixes to you so forget about them.
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The devs actually do talk about performance, but only in the context of dismissing player concerns regarding performance in favor of developing new overland content.

If that's the not the direction you want ZOS to take, vote with your wallet.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You guys need to add the bugs. not only performance.. Otherwise ZOS thinks there are no bugs
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's almost unbelievable. Nothing in this game frustrates me more than to invest months of game time so I can pvp, only to find it a stagger-fest where I'm dying constantly bc I can't actually do anything in time with what's going on. Oh well. Back to the zerg for me ig
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They talk about it a lot. 3 second sentence out of a 1.5 hour stream
    Edited by Koolio on June 24, 2019 8:50PM
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last time they optimized the "render pipeline" it resulted in enemy players not being rendered at all LOL and they had to revert their optimizations after a week again, so dont put up your hopes too high for "performance fixes"
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    Yeah, it is super sad. I am down to only having BGs and IC that are remotely playable. Have not been able to PvP in cyrodiil for years now, due to the lag...

Unfortunately it will probably not be fixed anytime soon. If they could, they probably already would have. So i guess this is the game we get..

How do you get into bgs? For me the queue just says i can´t queue at this time when i try to play in the evening...
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    raasdal wrote: »

How do you get into bgs? For me the queue just says i can´t queue at this time when i try to play in the evening...

Spam click join queue button till it works, sometimes takes like 20+ seconds of spamming.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    They did talk about it. Don’t worry they’re optimizing character models... or something... again. It didn’t work last time so it will probably work this time.

Which is hilarious considering that'd only help client performance, when it's the servers that are dying. Really goes to show how out of touch they are.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did make a post about performance recently. They said they have a plan of sweeping changes with combat to fix some of the lag in cyrodiil. However this will be done Quater 1 of 2020 lol....

We as a community shoujld thank them for communication however tell them that 2020 is unacceptable this should in the next update .
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watch Matt Firor at E3. It's like that problem has been solved.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea I know that's frustrating
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop. Buying. Things. That. Make. Them. Ok. With. Ignoring. Performance. Problems. Because. You're. Telling. Them. You. Don't. Care. By. Doing. So.
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »
    Last time they optimized the "render pipeline" it resulted in enemy players not being rendered at all LOL and they had to revert their optimizations after a week again, so dont put up your hopes too high for "performance fixes"

Lol I rember that! Walking around getting killed by invisible pepole and killing people while I'm invisible
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    Stop. Buying. Things. That. Make. Them. Ok. With. Ignoring. Performance. Problems. Because. You're. Telling. Them. You. Don't. Care. By. Doing. So.

We should protest by hosting massive dueling meetups in every major city and near the dragon spawns so it lags pve lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

We should protest by hosting massive dueling meetups in every major city and near the dragon spawns so it lags pve lol

Lol

"WELL WE CAN'T PVP IN CYRO!"
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol

I think it should happen. "until performance gets fixed, pve will have to suffer since cyro cant support us"
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When Matt has the balls to tell his bosses theyre cheapsakes.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    on the 31st of June
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They’re in denial
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the company that's been so bad and shameful at admitting their own inadequacy in handling performance issues they never even admitted to what the current several times reduced Campaign cap is. It was 1800, 600 per faction, at launch without lag. Now, we don't get 20v20 fights without lag and I doubt each faction has more than 100-120 as a cap.

I only came back to the game after 2 years away to play a new class for the Summer and leave again, I know what a disgrace this company is. The question is why are all of you here still and expecting something to change?
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a couple threads Zos has created and pinned discussing performance issues and from time to time they bring it up in ESO Live.

Zos talks about it. If having them talk about it more makes you happy then great. Personally I prefer action over words.
  • vokage89
    vokage89
    ✭✭✭
    Yup ..lag is Trash confirmed...
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    The devs actually do talk about performance, but only in the context of dismissing player concerns regarding performance in favor of developing new overland content.

If that's the not the direction you want ZOS to take, vote with your wallet.

devs... you mean programmers? they have nothing to do with where the game is or is going. thats an admin decision, they get paid more lol .
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PvP is unplayable for me, 60-90sec load screen just to get in, lag spikes of 6=800ms and FPS drop to around 5-10, this happens after EVERY resource tick leaving me about 5mins behind the rest of my group, keeps are a no go area as screen freezes and either DC's or throws me into eternal load screens.
    its slowly getting worse
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Lol

why make a section of the community suffer because you are? PvE has its issues also, not very constructive