Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

March of Sacrifices spoiler

mystfit
mystfit
✭✭✭
So, I brought this up in UESP discord, but wanted to ask here too. I was in my first ever March of Sacrifices group. I was very nervous about it and not as attentive to the quest dialog and lore as I should have been. When I got to the end, I was given a choice of who to sacrifice and I realized how unprepared I was to make a decision.
Problem with dungeons is if every one leaves, you get kicked out, so I quick escaped the dialog and re-read that text to decide and now I have regrets :)
As best as I could tell.... feel free to flesh this out for me..... A father was bitten trying to save his daughter. She spent her whole life with guilt about this. She wanted to reverse that and free him, but this means she has to take over his burden and she's scared about that.
As a parent my instinct is very heavily into the leave me, free yourself mentality.
But, I got hung up on the fact she'd spent her whole life in guilt and preparation for this moment and was this close to her goal. I felt like talking her out of it would destroy the rest of her life, so I ended up telling her to go through with it. But then the father cried out and said nooooooooo and now I feel bad. Did I miss other pieces of lore I could have used to decide? I did read the lore page on UESP about the Great Hunt.
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    There is so much lore in dungeons and trials that I think is missed by trying to survive them, I wish there was a lore mode for these - especially the trials - I would not even care if in this mode the achievements were taken out.

Edited by Eporem on June 23, 2019 1:36PM
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eporem wrote: »
    There is so much lore in dungeons and trials that I think is missed by trying to survive them, I wish there was a lore mode for these - especially the trials - I would not even care if in this mode the achievements were taken out.

That would be awesome. Honestly, it's a shame how much of the player base do not care at all about lore and story in general.
    Edited by SirAxen on June 28, 2019 9:14PM
  • mystfit
    mystfit
    ✭✭✭
    What we need is a group dedicated to reading all quest dialog, all books in zone...so we can make informed decisions :)
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Solo mode would be awesome
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mystfit wrote: »
    Problem with dungeons is if every one leaves, you get kicked out, so I quick escaped the dialog and re-read that text to decide and now I have regrets :) .. I felt like talking her out of it would destroy the rest of her life, so I ended up telling her to go through with it. But then the father cried out and said nooooooooo and now I feel bad. Did I miss other pieces of lore I could have used to decide? I did read the lore page on UESP about the Great Hunt.

If we really could have a choice to save her, the wise thing to do is only to abstain from saying anything or to convince her to stay away from the fight and get back to the entrance after she says she's a scholar not a warrior. That would be a real choice - to get help of a person who knows the area well by risking her life or to risk your own one without her knowledge but saving hers. Since we don't have any such a choice, we don't have it at all, cause all we "choose" is a Daedric realm to stay afterlife for an already dead girl. Actually, we don't even choose: we just say what we think is right - she makes the decision herself. Also otherwise it would still be like asking a child what trade he wishes to do, whom to live with and what life to choose when he grows up. It is only an illusion of choice, so just take it easy.

To say it more: a Daedric Prince A who's somehow connected to the sphere of moons, prophesies and transformation claims a soul that should belong to a Daedric Prince B who's also somehow connected to the sphere of moons, prophesies and transformation. Both Princes are welcoming to traveling mortals but certainly (as far as we know) harm them in their realms. Then the Prince B "unassumingly" sends his minion to the domain of the Prince A to reclaim what has been stolen, so the soul count is about to be 0:2 for the Prince B if the minion succeeds, 2:0 for the Prince A if the minion dies loosing the Hunt or 1:1 - the result we see in the game.

They played them all the way around but still knowing it you blame yourself for a decision you think you've made? Come on, man, it has already been 1:1 by the moment - you have nothing to worry about. The thing that interested me personally in this story was about an active werewolf pack in the Grazelands of Vvardenfell. That's the thing worth thinking about.
    Edited by Aigym_Hlervu on July 28, 2019 1:35AM