The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Skoria shouldn't look like meteor

Sy1ph5
Sy1ph5
✭✭✭✭
It's not a huge deal, but it is a lil irritating. I don't mind that skoria has warning in line with other monster procs, but the ring shouldn't be the same as meteor.
It messes with you and leaves buggy audio as the only real clue if you gotta block or you REALLY gotta block.
Edited by Sy1ph5 on June 23, 2019 5:29AM
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I jump block it alot lol. Maybe is they have it a noticeably different color?
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on June 23, 2019 6:21AM
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But it does’nt? I might be wrong, but i feel it has a VERY visible red / orange color, when it is Skoria, as opposed to Meteor. I have not had any issues with this.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Benzux
    Benzux
    ✭✭✭✭
    Both Meteor and Skoria have very distinct sounds that should be easy to distinguish from each other. The ring of runes/Daedric Script that appears beneath the target's feet is also of a different colour (Orange on Skoria, Light Blue on Meteor), and I'm fairly sure Meteor takes longer to drop down than Skoria proc does. Seems to be an issue where one just has to learn the difference, not too difficult.
    BenzuxGamer - Xbox One since day 1 - CP 1500+
    Guildmaster of the Sacrificial Warriors, one of the oldest and most member-orientated Guilds on the Xbox One EU Megaserver
    "Casual" player from Finland who enjoys questing and dumb builds even after well over 1000 CP levels and 4000+ hours. A fan of Argonians, Goats and Elk. Also a massive Otaku (MAL Profile).
    "Following the meta makes you a sheep. That's why I'm a goat: I go in the opposite direction and make use of the things the sheep cannot." - Me, 2019
    Characters:
    Ben-Zu - Argonian MagDK DPS - EP (Main)
    Benzuth Telvanni - Dunmer MagSorc DPS - EP
    Haknir Head-Crusher - Nord DK Tank/Stam DPS - EP
    Delves-Deepest-Depths - Argonian StamBlade DPS - EP
    Raises-The-Dead - Argonian Mag Necromancer DPS7Healer - EP (Previously a Sorc healer, RIP)
    Bthuzdir Ynzavretz - Dwemer StamSorc DPS - AD (Dunmer in-game)
    Fafnir the Dragon - Nord Stam DK DPS - EP
    Bloodmage Thalnos - Breton MagBlade DPS - DC
    Finnis Wolfheart - Bosmer Stam Warden DPS - EP
    Gwyneth - Nord Warden Tank - EP
    Kud-Wazei Xeroicas - Argonian Mag Templar DPS/Tank - EP
    Barkskin Ben-Zhu - Argonian Warden Healer - EP (Alternate version of main)
    Xal-Vakka Xeroicas - Argonian DK Healer - EP
    Jaree-Shei the Wamasu - Argonian Sorcerer Tank - EP
    Gwennen Ereloth - Snow Elf Mag Warden DPS - EP (Dunmer in-game)
    Friedrich der Grosse - Imperial Nightblade Tank - EP
    Warfarin - Altmer Nightblade Healer - EP
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    But it does’nt? I might be wrong, but i feel it has a VERY visible red / orange color, when it is Skoria, as opposed to Meteor. I have not had any issues with this.

It might, I haven't beet hit with it all too often but I find myself jump blocking it then lol maybe I'll pay close attention to rhe rune color
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Benzux wrote: »
    Both Meteor and Skoria have very distinct sounds that should be easy to distinguish from each other. The ring of runes/Daedric Script that appears beneath the target's feet is also of a different colour (Orange on Skoria, Light Blue on Meteor), and I'm fairly sure Meteor takes longer to drop down than Skoria proc does. Seems to be an issue where one just has to learn the difference, not too difficult.

Well before it was actually easier to tell it was skirts because you listened for the noise. Now when I see the ring I automatically go to blocking because I’ve been trained to do that ever since I was a wee lad. I see the ring WITHIN all the other negative effects I’m being blasted with by countless zerglings and I block to avoid a the stun and damage. Sitting there and looking for the color of the ring is sometimes difficult. Especially in lag when, if it is meteor, the stun will hit me before the ring actually reaches its full size. That makes things time sensitive
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well before it was actually easier to tell it was skirts because you listened for the noise. Now when I see the ring I automatically go to blocking because I’ve been trained to do that ever since I was a wee lad. I see the ring WITHIN all the other negative effects I’m being blasted with by countless zerglings and I block to avoid a the stun and damage. Sitting there and looking for the color of the ring is sometimes difficult. Especially in lag when, if it is meteor, the stun will hit me before the ring actually reaches its full size. That makes things time sensitive

^ditto
    Put more eloquently than could.
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like skoria looks like meteor
    Edited by Lorkhan on June 23, 2019 1:38PM
  • Benzux
    Benzux
    ✭✭✭✭

I can't do anything about the lag, but what you've just said means that you have to adapt. And if you get killed because of lag, that's hardly the fault of the ring ;)
    BenzuxGamer - Xbox One since day 1 - CP 1500+
    Guildmaster of the Sacrificial Warriors, one of the oldest and most member-orientated Guilds on the Xbox One EU Megaserver
    "Casual" player from Finland who enjoys questing and dumb builds even after well over 1000 CP levels and 4000+ hours. A fan of Argonians, Goats and Elk. Also a massive Otaku (MAL Profile).
    "Following the meta makes you a sheep. That's why I'm a goat: I go in the opposite direction and make use of the things the sheep cannot." - Me, 2019
    Characters:
    Ben-Zu - Argonian MagDK DPS - EP (Main)
    Benzuth Telvanni - Dunmer MagSorc DPS - EP
    Haknir Head-Crusher - Nord DK Tank/Stam DPS - EP
    Delves-Deepest-Depths - Argonian StamBlade DPS - EP
    Raises-The-Dead - Argonian Mag Necromancer DPS7Healer - EP (Previously a Sorc healer, RIP)
    Bthuzdir Ynzavretz - Dwemer StamSorc DPS - AD (Dunmer in-game)
    Fafnir the Dragon - Nord Stam DK DPS - EP
    Bloodmage Thalnos - Breton MagBlade DPS - DC
    Finnis Wolfheart - Bosmer Stam Warden DPS - EP
    Gwyneth - Nord Warden Tank - EP
    Kud-Wazei Xeroicas - Argonian Mag Templar DPS/Tank - EP
    Barkskin Ben-Zhu - Argonian Warden Healer - EP (Alternate version of main)
    Xal-Vakka Xeroicas - Argonian DK Healer - EP
    Jaree-Shei the Wamasu - Argonian Sorcerer Tank - EP
    Gwennen Ereloth - Snow Elf Mag Warden DPS - EP (Dunmer in-game)
    Friedrich der Grosse - Imperial Nightblade Tank - EP
    Warfarin - Altmer Nightblade Healer - EP
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it's different now yes? Because I never before had been confused by Skoria vs Meteor but now I am constantly confusing the two
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it more frustrating in BGs when an ally procs it on an opponent. Not being sure if the opponent is about to be stunned or not has led to some ill timed bursts.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's lazy programming tbh

Just take the same ring and reshade it instead of developing something else
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on June 25, 2019 9:51AM
  • gb74razor
    gb74razor
    Ok, so I'm new to PVP, what should I be doing if I sense an ultimate or proc is incoming? Until know, I just try to run out of anything incoming. Should I instead be jumping or just blocking? Still learning mechanics to all of these abilities and procs.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pros:
    - notification leads to better burst by knowing when to cc. Much easier to see now
    - blocking when notification happens means less burst for those fighting against it. meteor or valkyn, doesnt matter youll protect against the burst.

Cons:
    - hard getting used to.
    - against good enemies, hard to plan cc around the proc.

conclusion:
    great change because there's no way to know which skill it is, therefore more counterplay without requiring a hard nerf(for those that aren't idiots at least).
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual