The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Exploring Hew's Bane (Sort Of)

Greg11jkalfa
Greg11jkalfa
✭✭✭
So a little over a month ago, I finally found a way out of Hew's Bane. And I must say, it's one of the more boring, yet interesting maps. Boring because it takes a very long time to get to the best places. Interesting because of how big the map actually is, and a certain place you can encounter while exploring. I didn't get a screenshot of the opposite corner for scale, but here is how far the bottom right corner of the map reaches: Elder_Scrolls_Online_Screenshot_2019.06.21_-_20.27.11.69.png

As you can see, it's quite far beyond the playable area, and the same scope applies to how far up you can go. You can actually explore the majority of the land by getting under the water, but there's not much to find, except for a small island to the south, which I will add a screenshot of later here:

There's not much to see when under the water, but this was the one picture I snapped while near the main city: Elder_Scrolls_Online_Screenshot_2019.06.21_-_20.34.20.60.png

The most interesting part of the map, is where you will find the Fighter's, and Mage's Guild halls located. I'll add a screenshot of where they are on the map later, but they're nowhere near the actual city. I did take a picture of the inside of the Mage's Guild, but there's nothing special to see. It's just weird to find them placed where they are: Elder_Scrolls_Online_Screenshot_2019.06.21_-_20.19.41.65.png
When the next Elder Scroll is written, you shall be it's scribe.
-Martin Septim
Member Since June 9, 2015