Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

This is the response from my ticket to resolve the re-faction locking failure, from our beloved zos

jdamuso
jdamuso
✭✭✭
"Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.

Alliance Locked Campaigns is a Campaign rule that is applied to Campaigns with 30 day durations. In these Campaigns, your account will only be able to participate with a single Alliance for the duration of the Campaign.
There are two methods of locking in your Alliance for a Campaign. In both cases, Alliance selection is determined by the Alliance of the character you are currently logged in with.
Method 1: Assign a “home” Campaign in the Alliance War menu.
Method 2: Enter Cyrodiil on a Campaign you’ve not previously joined.
Once you’ve locked in your Alliance, only characters of the same Alliance on your account will be allowed to enter Cyrodiil in that Campaign.
There is no option to change your locked Alliance until the Campaign duration has elapsed. Multiple in-game notifications have been added to warn you when you’re about to join an Alliance-locked Campaign.
Campaigns not flagged with the “Alliance locked” rule set remain unchanged. Any character above level 10 from any Alliance can play in those Campaigns at any time
We hope that this information has been beneficial. Thanks for reaching out, please feel free to reach back out to us at any time in the future should the need arise!

This ticket will now be marked as solved, but fear not, to reopen simply reply back.

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,
Nadia
The Elder Scrolls Online Team"

This is not MY fault. I got a UI error when i logged into my character. This response, while obvious this is a known issue that is not our fault as players, is blatant disregard for your responsibility to properly test and provide satisfactory service to your paying customers. (Yes im talking to you ZOS and dev team and customer support)

The fact of the matter is, I am a common joe-schmoe nobody. But guess what? I could have written the code to prevent this catastrophic failure to perform your jobs while working for a multi billion dollar company.

The fact that this re-faction locking happened in the first place is inexcusable display of incompetence, and this denial of responsibility of said incompetence is a slap in the face to a paying customer (namely me, but guess what? how many people did this happen to? 10? 20? 50? 100? who knows.)

This kind of disregard for your patrons is not even close to a way to obtain re-occurring business. And i have a mind to take mine elsewhere.

This is NOT the only faction based combat game in the great blue internet ocean, and i have max level toons on other games, that are just waiting for you to screw up EXACTLY like this, so i will rejoin their community and leave yours behind. They will more than happily take my money that would be yours.

I am not unreasonable, I understand that there was an oversight, i can forgive that, everyone makes mistakes. But as a business that expects me to be a re-occurring customer, don't you dare ever claim that I am responsible for incompetent failures, made by your team. You should be ashamed of yourself, [removed bashing comment]
Thanks for your time and consideration,
Regards,
Your unsatisfied customer. m|n

Edited by ZOS_JesC on June 24, 2019 1:00PM
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's brutal that they're not helping players adversely affected by problems related to switching factions. It's completely unreasonable that they will have to wait almost 30 days.

Imagine your guild makes the difficult decision to switch to a faction that needs help and you can't play with them for weeks(!!!) because of this TERRIBLE implementation of faction locking.

All of my level 50 characters are PC/NA/AD, but this treatment of customers sickens me.
  • MLRPZ
    MLRPZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    It's brutal that they're not helping players adversely affected by problems related to switching factions. It's completely unreasonable that they will have to wait almost 30 days.

Imagine your guild makes the difficult decision to switch to a faction that needs help and you can't play with them for weeks(!!!) because of this TERRIBLE implementation of faction locking.

All of my level 50 characters are PC/NA/AD, but this treatment of customers sickens me.

Exactly what happened to me.
    here's what I got as an answer :

"Greetings!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. My name is Brooke, and it's my pleasure to assist you today!

I understand that you were locked into the incorrect Alliances campaign. We know how frustrating that must be, however it is not possible to change your locked Alliance until the campaign ends.

We know that is not the resolution that you were hoping for, and we do apologize for this inconvenience.
    Thank you for your patience, and your understanding on the matter.

Warm Regards,
    Brooke

AD // Marc the Epic Goat // Templar // AR50
    EP // The Goatfather // Templar // AR44
    AD // Unforgoatable // Sorc // AR33
    EP // You Goat Rekt // NB // AR28
    EP // Bill Goats // Swarden // AR28
    AD // Goat Ya // NB // AR24
    AD // Unforgoatten // StamDK // AR 21
    DC // Egoatcentric // Stamsorc // AR16

and many unused PVE chars

REMOVE FACTION LOCK

AoE Rats
    RIP Zerg Squad
    RIP Banana Squad Inc
    Not your typical goat

• Tsuriel
    Tsuriel
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't trust the system and straight up paid 150k to get my chars off the campaign I was going to switch factions with. I see I wasn't wrong in trusting that gut feeling.
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    In my ticket when I pointed out it was poor customer service, they got panicky. I'm guessing the customer support team is one of those teams living under constant pressure. I had to spell it out for them:
    To be clear. My complaint is customer service, not customer support.

Senior management not making fixing the broken implementation of faction lock a priority is the problem. Especially when compared to the priority they give to fixing problems with other parts of the game like trials.

This is poor service by the people who prioritize which problems to resolve. This poor service by whomever was responsible for quality control and testing of the faction lock change. This is poor customer service by whomever green lightered the change to go live with unsatisfactory testing. This is poor customer service by the team responsible for not making the issue a priority to be fixed and instead choosing to tell players to be patient for 30 days and try again.

Customer support has been adequate in responding to the issue. Though telling someone to use game functionality to report the issue after they have already informed you they have uninstalled is a bit insulting. You have managers you can escalate to.

Maybe I'll just forward this email thread to all the gaming news sites so they can share with the world how ZOS undervalues it's PVP focused customers. Maybe then we could get the same level of support the guys who stream trials like Alcast.
  • jdamuso
    jdamuso
    ✭✭✭
    MLRPZ wrote: »

Exactly what happened to me.
    here's what I got as an answer :

"Greetings!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. My name is Brooke, and it's my pleasure to assist you today!

I understand that you were locked into the incorrect Alliances campaign. We know how frustrating that must be, however it is not possible to change your locked Alliance until the campaign ends.

We know that is not the resolution that you were hoping for, and we do apologize for this inconvenience.
    Thank you for your patience, and your understanding on the matter.

Warm Regards,
    Brooke

This is actually much better. Still unfortunate. But At least here they are taking accountability for it and not faulting you for it.
    I would have not started this thread if i had received an apology, that would have been better.

Now im guessing i was playing games before alot of Zos team were out of grade school, and a long time ago, when a game team made mistakes like this, they issues apologies, and even tried to compensate, by things like bonus gifts or double -xp weekends or refunding the cost of the elapsed time of failed service, etc. This is the first time ever, that i felt i was being accused and held responsible for a game team making a mistake.

This is not a standard that should be set, and i'm not asking for compensation, however, it wouldn't be a bad idea since we as the customers are here, being punished... And i will tell you this, paying someone to punish me is not on the top of my things to do list. I understand there's some taboo people that like that, but i guarantee that MOST of the people on the planet do not plan to pay to be punished.

And the point of this thread is exactly that, I'm glad they apologized to you. that's a start.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they said nothing wrong.
    i prefer Locked alliances as do many others.
    these threads should be locked and deleted.
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    they said nothing wrong.

This thread isn't about locked alliances being good or bad.

This thread is about the broken implementation of how the faction lock was implemented
  • jdamuso
    jdamuso
    ✭✭✭
    they said nothing wrong.

Yea the point is that when the time came to change after the campaign ended, MANY customers fell through a loophole and got re-locked into the same alliance. Without getting to choose a new one.

We are not debating here whether or not faction lock, we just want to be able to swap and play our other toons, at the fair times designated by the rules.

But the game, when we logged into character that were left in cyro, automatically locked us into that alliance without choice or confirmation.

Sorry i suppose i should have explained that in the OP
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Imagine if trials were alliance locked and this happened. Would be a fix within a week ez.
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    they said nothing wrong.
    Did you even read the thread?
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starting to wonder if this "oversight" of locking players to the same faction when it resets is really just an oversight or a not so gentle shove into the 7 day.
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, as this thread is generally nonconstructive, we have decided to close it. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.