The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What are your thoughts on alchemical vampirism? (Contains Spoilers for Murder in Lillandril)

Thevampirenight
Thevampirenight
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Summerset has a quest that puts great doubts in Molag Bal being the only way vampires can come into existance. And in Oblivion there is that one quest with the journel with the vampire plants that might be something that could be a formula for Alchemical vampirism as well. https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Amantius_Allectus'_Diary
The Summerset quest involves https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Norasea being a vampire but not the normal Molag Bal type. In the quest you find out she was alchemically bred.
https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Haladan's_Research_Journal mentions this
Once we arrived at that critical insight, Emile suggested he might have a solution: Porphyric Hemophilia-better known as vampirism. I was aghast at the idea. But I trust his models. Vampirism, as we understand it, drastically alters blood composition. Theoretically, this reconfiguration could make it impossible for the keratous growths to form. We wouldn't be able to restore Norasea's eyesight, but we could very well halt the disease in its tracks. I must think on this.
After long consideration, I've decided to proceed with Emile's plan. I appraised Norasea of the details, and she agreed to go through with it. Now it's just a matter of reproducing the vampiric infection alchemically. The Sapiarchs would never approve of such a gambit, but I promised Norasea we would cure her. Sometimes tradition must make way for frightening innovation.
In Noraseas dialog she mentions this.
Stone abominations, vampiric alchemy …. If the Sapiarchs found out that Haladan had a hand in this tragedy they would strike his name from the histories. Emile would never let that happen.
Read Haladan's notes. You'll see the truth of it."
And at some point she also mentions this.
The hunger?
"Yes. I can feel it creeping up the back of my throat—that thirst. It was just a tickle at first. Now? Who knows how far it will go.
Emile brewed this form of the virus alchemically. Maybe this will pass and I won't need to feed at all. I can hope.
"
if you expose the truth then you get interesting dialog with this guy on this.
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Sapiarch_Soraturil
Emile is innocent. A deranged stone creature killed Haladan. These notes explain everything.
"This handwriting … yes, I'd recognize Haladan's penmanship anywhere. Syrabanes's ring! How could he be so foolish? Brewing up alchemical vampirism? Experimenting in secret?
I cannot believe one of our own could be so reckless!"
And Norasea?
"We will hunt her down and destroy her. This brings me no pleasure, I assure you. But we cannot allow an alchemically-bred vampire to roam our lands unchecked.
You may disagree, but the fault lies with Emile and Haladan, not the Sapiarchs."
Given the way
The way Porphyric Hemophilia works In Morrowind and Oblivion and how it is cured I strongly suspect that it is a strain that isn't connected to Molag Bal. This could explain why Vile was able to alter the Cyrodiilic vampires.What if the decedents of Norasea are those that also the same strain found in Cyrodiil? What are your thoughts what do you think about all this? Because this quest basically means that Molag Bal isn't the only source for the vampiric condition. This basically would mean the mortals themselves have managed to create their own variant outside of him and has some really interesting implications about them and also more questions.
Edited by Thevampirenight on June 22, 2019 5:59AM
PC NA
Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • TheBalance
    TheBalance
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is incredibly interesting! Many have questioned after reading the Cyrodiilic bloodlines influence from Clavicus Vile if we may see a bloodline born of other Princes. But this throws a curveball in the whole concept. Now a prince does not even need to be involved to achieve this. However I do think the cyrodiilic bloodline was created by Molag Bal and later altered by Clavicus Vile so I don’t think the alchemical bloodline and that one will be similar. They mention in a few texts that they revere their patron fathers; Molag and Vile. But I think this also invites the idea of other Princes creating their own bloodlines.

With the new Alchemy strand it opens a lot of doors, doors that mere mortals can open! Should they be brave enough that is....
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBalance wrote: »
    IThey mention in a few texts that they revere their patron fathers; Molag and Vile. But I think this also invites the idea of other Princes creating their own bloodlines.

Add in the subtle hint that Lamae's bloodline might have been altered by Hircine and it might have already happened.

"The most important thing to remember about sufferers of Noxiphilic Sanguivoria is that, as the name implies, they are not weakened by daylight as in other strains of vampirism, but are, instead, strengthened during the nighttime hours.

Why this is the case is poorly understood. One of the more wild theories is that it is the result of some sort of Daedric backroom deal between Hircine and Molag Bal that has given sufferers of Noxiphilic Sanguivoria a werewolf-like love of moonlight."
    https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Noxiphilic_Sanguivoria_(book)

Could also explain the more beastial rework of them.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TheBalance wrote: »
    I think it is incredibly interesting! Many have questioned after reading the Cyrodiilic bloodlines influence from Clavicus Vile if we may see a bloodline born of other Princes. But this throws a curveball in the whole concept. Now a prince does not even need to be involved to achieve this. However I do think the cyrodiilic bloodline was created by Molag Bal and later altered by Clavicus Vile so I don’t think the alchemical bloodline and that one will be similar. They mention in a few texts that they revere their patron fathers; Molag and Vile. But I think this also invites the idea of other Princes creating their own bloodlines.

With the new Alchemy strand it opens a lot of doors, doors that mere mortals can open! Should they be brave enough that is....

Its implied Sangiin has something to do with vampires in the Khajiit lore from Dragonhold. Vampirism really isn't a monolithic thing, meaning strains could be created without Molag Bal being involved in the process. The lore does imply this, and the alchemical vampirism confirms it. Sangiin being involved for a khajiit strain makes sense because of his role in Khajiit religion. Most people may say no, Molag Bal only for vampire strain origins. But the lore makes it clear that isn't really the case. Its even implied vampires are not of his original making however he did create Lamae along with other strains. Does not mean he created all of them.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on March 17, 2021 9:48AM
    PC NA
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember bringing up alchemical vampirism and being yelled at because it wasn't lore friendly. Huh.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ryuvain wrote: »
    I remember bringing up alchemical vampirism and being yelled at because it wasn't lore friendly. Huh.

Its a thing, its part of the lore, for those that like the Molag Bal stuff, well the fact of it is, there is other possible vampire strain origins besides Molag Bal. That is how the lore is portrayed with vampires. So if you people yelled at you for it. Well, then they maybe should read up on the subject.
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Vampire
    PC NA