The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

A better faction lock than a *hard* lock.

Mr_Walker
Mr_Walker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
My idea is this.

Improve rewards as follows. Top 5% of players in each faction in a campaign get Masters weps, or even vMA weps, even if not these rewards, maybe other rewards that are very very difficult to nigh impossible to get., which are unbound (and thus sellable). But, and here's the but, if you swap factions during a campaign, you lose ALL end of campaign rewards from that campaign. From your whole account. No transmutes, no nothing, except the AP which you earn. Apart from that, bupkiss.

The reasoning behind this is as such....

-PvPers no longer have to do PvE content to get the really good gear (and lord knows they like to complain about it, loudly and often)
-These weps can be onsold for gold, which PvPers tend to be short of, because pots.
-The reward for the top 5% of every faction goes some way towards mitigating any faction stacking in order for end of campaign rewards, whilst not being incredibly restrictive, ie you don't have to spend 150 hours in Cyro each month.
-The loss of all rewards at the end of a campaign enables those who just like to have a good fight and/or push the map to have that, but at a price.
-Hopefully this will keep the map moving in off-peak, so people who play outside primetime can see both action and maybe even fight with chums.

Feel free to pull this idea apart. I welcome constructive, thoughtful criticism. Especially good would be folk who do want to faction hop or play in off peak.

I don't put forward this idea because it would benefit me (probably the opposite), but because PvP in this game is starting to look pretty unhealthy.

• dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a terrible idea at all.
    But you know that people will scream elitism and the anti-lockers will still find something to complain about.
    People want it all, without any consequences.
  • jdamuso
    jdamuso
    ✭✭✭
    You want to give the people that it already takes 20 guys to kill... free elite weaponry that is impossible for the majority of players to obtain, as a reward for being OP in the first place, and you think that is a GOOD idea?

*drops the mic*
    Edited by jdamuso on June 22, 2019 6:16PM
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jdamuso wrote: »
    You want to give the people that it already takes 20 guys to kill... free elite weaponry that is impossible for the majority of players to obtain, as a reward for being OP in the first place, and you think that is a GOOD idea?

*drops the mic*

"How dare this game reward me for playing it well!"

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems nice

Could be tweaked but nice
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*drops the mic*

Majority of people can't get master weapons after all this time? O.O

Selling vdsa carries 600k
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

*drops the mic*

What on earth are you talking about?

• jdamuso
    jdamuso
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

*drops the mic*

What on earth are you talking about?

About vMA weapons for Cyro top 5%. But dont get me wrong the idea of, making any ideas to support faction loyalty is great.

I just think that giving out weaponry that is silly hard to obtain to someone that clearly doesn't need it, being they are already top 5% is not a healthy route for pvp in general.

Maybe a large AP bonus or something or something. But those weapons are difficult to obtain, and locked behind undesirable PVE farming for a reason. Cuz they are silly. If we hand them out to people that already kick all the assess anyway, thats gunna make ALOT more ass kicking. So keeping those suckers behind the arena walls keeps them limited.

We are already dealing with necro bashing madness, imaging 50 more players running around titan cleaving while they are necro bashing.

no no no no dont do it.

• Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just because they have a lot of AP does not make them "top" or "great". It just means they are some teenager without a job, in most cases.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^

Plus, it's meant to be an incentive. Keen PvPers generally have no need for more AP
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds promising. I've been a fan of incentives for faction loyalty over locks but not opposed to locks as long as there are equal campaigns.

That said:
    Instead of end of campaign rewards, put rng vMA/vDSA weapon boxes like the town dailies at the golden, for AP only, and make it say 2.000.000 or whatever would be an equivalent to match the time to complete either arena. Keeps it fair for time put in so to say.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • UndeniablyAVG
    UndeniablyAVG
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind the idea but the Masters or VMA weapons should not be able to be sold on, it removes the exclusivity of these hard to obtain items.

I agree though that there should be a better way to earn gold from PVP.
    PS4 EU - Daggerfall Covenant
    PSN - N_O_B_L_E-

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqUlYStV91gCyNgVjSjapbw
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind the idea but the Masters or VMA weapons should not be able to be sold on, it removes the exclusivity of these hard to obtain items.

They arent hard to obtain anymore, they were 2-3 years ago.

If they would also drop perfected BRP and perfected AS weapons then it would be interesting.
    Still, the only weapons that would be worth something would be perfected asylum weapons and of those only the inferno staff and 2h weapons and maybe the perfected resto from BRP.
    Those weapons would go for maybe a million gold and that aint much in ESO anymore.
    Rest would be vendor material or worth less than 50k.

*drops the mic*

Those people already have this so called "elite weaponry" and it could help others aquire it for a trade with gold, cant hurt that much but top 5% seems very generous, should be like top 2% or top 1%.
  • UndeniablyAVG
    UndeniablyAVG
    ✭✭✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »

They arent hard to obtain anymore, they were 2-3 years ago.

You think this, and tbh so do I, but there is a lot of players who still struggle with it.

Also if it's already so easy, why make it easier?

Just reward with a selection of gold mats instead, useful for everyone or can be sold easily if you don't need it.
    PS4 EU - Daggerfall Covenant
    PSN - N_O_B_L_E-

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqUlYStV91gCyNgVjSjapbw
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faction locks will stay as they are, and as far as i know, there been no indication that SoZ is going to change this policy...

As for better "loot" im not aginst it...
  • Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^

Plus, it's meant to be an incentive. Keen PvPers generally have no need for more AP

I needed those 20 Spinner Rings though. Also WTS Spinner Rings
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't get too caught up on what the loot is, it just has to be soemthing sufficiently attractive enough to incentivise play and disincentivise faction swapping.
    Sounds promising. I've been a fan of incentives for faction loyalty over locks but not opposed to locks as long as there are equal campaigns.

That said:
    Instead of end of campaign rewards, put rng vMA/vDSA weapon boxes like the town dailies at the golden, for AP only, and make it say 2.000.000 or whatever would be an equivalent to match the time to complete either arena. Keeps it fair for time put in so to say.

Not a bad idea, but buying it with AP encourages people to play, true, but does nothing to discourage faction swapping.

Edited by Mr_Walker on June 27, 2019 2:55AM
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't get too caught up on what the loot is, it just has to be soemthing sufficiently attractive enough to incentivise play and disincentivise faction swapping.

That said:

Not a bad idea, but buying it with AP encourages people to play, true, but does nothing to discourage faction swapping.

True... Could make AP character bound instead of account bound ;)
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard