The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can't Download Game At All

bearpickles
bearpickles
Soul Shriven
Hi, I used to play ESO about a year ago and wanted to start again. I have a Macbook Pro running Mojave 10.14.15. I went to download the game from the ESO site, i get the zip file, it gives me a setup app - I open the setup app, it says it will download the game - and then the download process speeds through in seconds, says its downloading a launcher - but nothing happens, no client at all on my comp. It has created a Zenimax Online folder in my applications with a few files but no DMG files at all.

Can't submit a ticket because they want a client config but I have no client to speak of... please help.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @bearpickles

The first thing you can try is re-downloading the ESO Launcher install from the account website again. Run it a second time and see if it will install the ESO Launcher. You can find additional troubleshooting in the thread below.

GAME WILL NOT DOWNLOAD!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • BblDE3HAP
    BblDE3HAP
    ✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @bearpickles

The first thing you can try is re-downloading the ESO Launcher install from the account website again. Run it a second time and see if it will install the ESO Launcher. You can find additional troubleshooting in the thread below.

GAME WILL NOT DOWNLOAD!
    Hi, I used to play ESO about a year ago and wanted to start again. I have a Macbook Pro running Mojave 10.14.15. I went to download the game from the ESO site, i get the zip file, it gives me a setup app - I open the setup app, it says it will download the game - and then the download process speeds through in seconds, says its downloading a launcher - but nothing happens, no client at all on my comp. It has created a Zenimax Online folder in my applications with a few files but no DMG files at all.

Can't submit a ticket because they want a client config but I have no client to speak of... please help.

Let us look at problem a little closer :)

Downloading install client, unzipping package, launch and we've got ourselves an error -
    d93n9gcggafm.png

Why do you ask? Here -
    -> ls -l ~/Downloads/setup.app/Contents/MacOS/setup
    -rw-rw-r--@ 1 77488 May 14 2018 ~/Downloads/setup.app/Contents/MacOS/setup

Where is the problem? We cannot launch files without execution bit. How we can solve this?

chmod +x ~/Downloads/setup.app/Contents/MacOS/setup

And run again.

Seriously, Zenimax, are you even check what you're uploading to your clients?
    Same thing with Launcher - not that big codebase needed to rewrite it for 64-bit execution.
  • BblDE3HAP
    BblDE3HAP
    ✭✭
    Let's move further.

We've got the installer running. And let me ask a question - what is the purpose of that 164,8Mb installer if he just extract the launcher from zip archive, which weight is half the price and no java needed for install? You can't determine the clients OS from your site? Cannot give him choice for downloading launcher/installer for particular OS? I've already said that I am in need of a MacOS version, just give me launcher.

OK, I am a developer myself and can handle installing java and look inside app package for adding execution bits to files, can look in logs and understand why I can't choose different install directory. But what if I'm not familiar with all of that?

Another good question - WHY your installer eats >50% of my CPU core while just doing nothing? Another java "benefits"?
    Edited by BblDE3HAP on June 24, 2019 5:00AM