The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fix for game locking up entire rig when trying to log out and exit the game.

Sansoul
Sansoul
✭✭✭

I got tired of this being the only application in 3 versions of macOS I've seen that can completely lock up a Mac to the point you have to hard power cycle it.

Here is how you quit the game without risking harm to your operating system by having to frequently hard power cycle your rig.

Using the editor of your choice, create a file in your home directory with whatever name you prefer and add the contents below. I name mine KILLESO.sh
#!/bin/bash

for pid in `ps -eo pid,args | grep 'Zenimax Online' | grep -v grep | awk '{ print $1 }'`
do
    echo "killing pid $pid... BYE FELICIA"
    kill -9 $pid
done

exit 0

Make file executable:
chmod 0700 KILLESO.sh

When you wanna exit the game, alt-tab ( or option-m) and run:
$HOME/KILLESO.sh

• yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love inguineity. Here is a bump and an awesome for consoling around their ineptitude.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • demerdecanswrath
    demerdecanswrath
    ✭✭✭
    Quite the dedication there. Can't you just Opt/Alt + CMD + "esc" for the force quit window?
    Characters:
    • Arien Larethian (High Elf Templar)
    • Relus Demerdecan (Redguard Dragonknight)
    • Elisia Bonaire (Breton Nightblade)

Proudly playing and producing content on a 2018 15" MacBook Pro.