Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't get past character selection screen.

Terrilu
Terrilu
Soul Shriven
Since the latest patch I haven't been able to get past character selection screen. After choosing a character, I immediately get an error notification ("An error has occurred. Please wait a few minutes and log in again."), without a specific error code. I have removed all add-ons completely and that didn't help.

I have sent a ticket days ago, both still "waiting on agent".

I haven't been able to access the game for three days. I'm not usually fussy about in-game issues, but not being able to access the game at all (and while having a subscription) is starting to set me off.

Any ideas what the issue might be?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a windows update hose my game connection once. So check if the Windows Firewall is allowing the game. It was the update I am referring too that turned my firewall on and blocked the game. Allow both the exe and the Launcher
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Korax
    Korax
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe worth a check, but I won't bet anything on that... because he can't get past character selection, like me and the other 1000 players on various threads here. If it was a firewall issue, he wouldn't get past the initial login.. IMO.

The problem here is how ZOS handles their software and hardware, plain and simple.
    About 3 months from now would be the anniversary of the last time I could play this game reliably...
  • Terrilu
    Terrilu
    Soul Shriven
    Sorry for late reply, I was abroad.

Turns out it was a Windows security update problem. Firewall appeared to be fine, but something else about the update seemed to set it off. I deleted the update and it works fine for now.

Thanks!
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Terrilu run as administrator. Think I had this one in the past, but may be different.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.