Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone have an updated Lorebook location guide?

Avoranti
Avoranti
✭✭✭✭✭
I’ve found most of the lore books in my home faction but some are still missing and all the guides online that I have found are pretty dated. Either missing books due to them being relocated or just incomplete. If anyone could point me to an updated guide that would be great.

Best Answer

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a link in the third post in the thread linked.

I think they even have an app. You might have manually find the page I linked above
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue Lore Books for the Mages or the White ones for the Eidetic Memory?

The blue ones are almost always in groups of 4 and most of those locations have not changed, even when one does, the other 3 are usually in the same place.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thank you for replying. I searched for a companion app as you suggested and found one that has some locations that the online guides were missing.

The issue I was coming across was all the guides had a book listed in other faction zones. For instance “The Order of the Ancestor Moth” is listed in Alik’r in game but all the guides suggest it’s in a completely different Faction area. One guide even suggest a lore book I am missing is in Cyrodill. I never bothered looking for lorebooks on my main character which I’ve played every map but since the release of the Necromancer I decided for this new class and character that I will search every lore book.

Anywho, thanks again. Cheers
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, there is some overlap in the books in a zone. Around half are specific to the zone, the other half are generic collections that appear in all 3 alliances. So, that us why you can find some books in other zones easier.

For example, there is a Lore Book in Bangkori that is locked behind quest content. However, that same book can be found in Reapers March just laying on the ground.

Taking a hint from this, if your farming Blue Lore books for Mages, focus on one of the 3 Alliances first, don't bounce around from say Auridon to Stonefalls to Glenumbra. You can get almost all the needed books from just the 5 zones in the same Alliance and Coldharbor. Then hit up two to three zones in another Alliance to polish off the final level. Or Cyrodiil if that is your hangout.

• Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two of the blue lore books I am missing in my primary Alliance (DC) are both listed as being in Cyrodill. A third lore book is listed as being inside a group dungeon. None of which I play or plan to play. Perhaps this was intended to entice players into group content but I prefer the solo side of the game.