The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Game freeze during intro cinematics

gizmobandolio
gizmobandolio
Soul Shriven
I get half the "zenimax" introduction cinematic and then the game freeze, every time. Fresh install today and tried repair, starting from both launcher and without it, running as administrator - same result.
I quit this game serveral years ago since i spent more time trying to get into the game then actually playing it and it seems that will still be the case.
-pwnography-
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @gizmobandolio

Could you post or link to either a DxDiag or game consultant report?

Getting information about your current PC specifications will be helpful in determining why ESO is crashing at the opening cinematic.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • gizmobandolio
    gizmobandolio
    Soul Shriven
    DxDiag attached.. Gameconsultant freeze in the same place (~30%) everytime i run it.
    -pwnography-
  • gizmobandolio
    gizmobandolio
    Soul Shriven
    And now i dont get to the cinematics anymore. It just goes black after i press play and nothing happens at all.
    -pwnography-
  • gizmobandolio
    gizmobandolio
    Soul Shriven
    Eh dont bother. I managed maybe 20 hours of total game time in the 2 years i payed for the game, and several hundred hours reinstalling, repairing and searching for fixes. Every time i was going to start the game, some new error, freeze or bug that made it impossible to play. It is the same still i see. I fix the issue by uninstall, and maybe check in 2023 to see if it works then.
    -pwnography-
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I get half the "zenimax" introduction cinematic and then the game freeze, every time. Fresh install today and tried repair, starting from both launcher and without it, running as administrator - same result.
    I quit this game serveral years ago since i spent more time trying to get into the game then actually playing it and it seems that will still be the case.

That is really weird because aren't those cinematics just movie files in your installation folder? o.O
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @gizmobandolio

Two additional steps you can take would be removing add-ons and running ESO as an administrator. You can find instructions here that can help with freezes and crashes when starting ESO.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • gizmobandolio
    gizmobandolio
    Soul Shriven
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

That is really weird because aren't those cinematics just movie files in your installation folder? o.O

Yeah i actually solved it by removing some of the videos from that folder, and was even able to play for a few hours =) But new patch - new troubles ;)
    -pwnography-
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cinematics tend to lag on my computer too !
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested