The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

No CP Imperial City is tougher than end game...

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
So, running with newer players in the no CP Imperial City with new characters is CRAZY HARD.

I'm a solid player, but when 3 or 4 people struggle against the Temple or the Arena completion quests - it tells me the NPCs are scaling to No CP and have all the same resistences and damage buffs the CP version does... that's CRAZY!!
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was far more difficult when it was introduced. I think IC mobs have had their difficulty nerfed twice, but there has definitely been at least one huge nerf. Plus most players were low CP and playing V14 characters when it launched.

it's just difficult relative to the super ezmode most of the rest of the game.
    Edited by zyk on June 19, 2019 11:57PM
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play a LOT of endgame content. I have absolutely zero issue in the CP imperial city. ZERO. It's fairly easy to solo the bosses, and definitely solo your way through the quests.

But the NO CP version - especially for new players - is an absolute nightmare. The enemies hit so hard - and it seems like they have all the same resistances and damage buffs of the CP version... that's insane. Because a lot of lower level newbies will find both versions the same difficulty without CP - but the no CP even for seasoned players is crazy hard.

It needs addressing badly... when a mob NPC can one shot you - it's too much.
  • TriangularChicken
    TriangularChicken
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes the problem is the no cp mobs are probably on CP level..but we're facing them without CP... adjusting no CP ICs difficulty is long overdue...that's one of the reasons why no CP IC is less populated than with CP..
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like I've said a million times, the game is not balanced for No-CP. Just flipping a district flag in the IC is a ridiculous chore, especially if you are a Magicka build.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah it's pretty easy. My cousin and I used to 2-man the district bosses back in the day in non-CP
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Temple boss quest is a pain for a new character though I'll give you that.
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    How's the sewer center Molag on No CP?
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Back in the day" is the term... right now - it's horrid.

Molag on No CP is impossible for unseasoned players in a group of 10 or less...
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »

So? They can L2P or throw more numbers at him. It's not a challenging encounter. Eeesh.

I really hate what has happened to gaming. Especially this game. Sigh. They might as well remove combat at this point and just code mobs so they die when a player is in proximity.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    Rittings wrote: »

So? They can L2P or throw more numbers at him. It's not a challenging encounter. Eeesh.

I really hate what has happened to gaming. Especially this game. Sigh. They might as well remove combat at this point and just code mobs so they die when a player is in proximity.

You clearly aren't understanding my level of play. I've completed pretty much ALL end game content. I'm a hardcore player... and I'm even suggesting that it's WAY too difficult in no CP Imperial City to get anything done.

I was doing the Temple and the Arena quests with my wife (who is also an endgamer) and we were FULLY GEARED on our new characters at level 20ish each. I have enough passives and skills for a 15-20k dps rotation, and so does my wife - but it took 4 wipes on the temple, and it took me jumping on my 50k Magblade dps to get the Arena completed. Obviously my dps is considerably lower in IC because of the lack of CP... but that's my point... the NPCs are set to the same level as the CP version!!

IF you think you're any better, jump on a lower level character, in the NO CP - and let's see you solo Molag Bal :)
  • Mirrrr
    Mirrrr
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I cried the last time I was there xD
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's actually how hard it was when IC came out. You used to be one shotted by sewer bosses and entire groups used to die allot lol.

Best was upper, when you fought a Zerg solo, you used to pull the district boss and while you might die, so would the Zerg lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual