The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can't change campaign

barshemm
barshemm
✭✭✭✭
Waited for campaign to end, abandoned with all my EP toons (100k AP each). Still can't join on other faction toons.

For real, ZOS?
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    barshemm wrote: »
    Waited for campaign to end, abandoned with all my EP toons (100k AP each). Still can't join on other faction toons.

For real, ZOS?

I've heard multiple instances of similar things -- people locked onto factions from the first Kaalgrontiid not able to swap to support a separate faction in the second.

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, to learn that there are more unintended negative consequences of these locks.

They were terrible at launch, they're terrible now, and they were implemented to handle a problem that should've been taken care of by the CS staff.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • MrSinister213
    MrSinister213
    ✭✭✭
    Please fix this ZOS. Many people like me want to change to the winning side, EP. This is unaccpetable, I want to be a winner.

Edit: I was planning on switching alliance, although not to win, just a poor joke. But I guarantee many casual players who do care about winning who can't change now will simply not play at all. What myself and others said from the get go: Faction lock will only dwindle the current player base, it has no benefits unless you are a role player.
    Edited by MrSinister213 on June 19, 2019 5:29PM
    @TTV.BuyMoreCrowns
    Camelot Unchained Soon (ar 49 AD) high elf nb
    High Elf Slayer (ar 38 EP) dunmer dk
    Zangief (ar 37 DC) high elf sorc
    Papi Chulo (Ar 42 AD) stam sorc

wouldnt call myself a pve'er or pvper. my preferred endgame is crown crates.
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, were we supposed to abandon before the end of the campaign?
    I logged my alts out of Cyrodil and parked them in Reaper's March, and want to switch this time around, am I stuck because I didn't anandon last night?
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same problem. Didnt know you have to abandon before it ends, had the impression that you have to Home/Guest after every reset. Wrote a ticket about it, no response obviously. Wasted 800K APs.
    Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel
  • dutchbrownie
    dutchbrownie
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue here. If this issue doesn't get resolved in time we'd have to play the locked alliance without assigning home. Then it doesn't get messed up again after this new 30-day campaign ends.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction lock should not of happened in the first place. And if you were going to be locked into the same faction again if you did not abandon the campaign prior to its end, ZOS should of stated that so players were aware. Trust me it is doubtful it will be fixed. I know I was not aware you had to drop the campaign prior to it ending in order to start again playing with a new faction when the next campaign started. Oh well lesson learned. Guess playing with my EP toons will have to wait another 30 days.
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    supporting faction locks is a good indicator whether someone is bad at the game tbh, you support faction locks? good to know you're 1vx fodder
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well this is working out splendidly...
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And here's the real tragedy of this ridiculous, poorly thought out system.

People who were trying to use the system as intended, and are completely screwed for 30 days with no way to correct it.

Faction locks, used as collective punishment, are unethical, poorly implemented, and need to be removed.

Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L
    M
    A
    O

Imagine my shock when faction locks backfire completely
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I supported the faction lock and I assumed (yea I know) the home alliance would be automatically reset at the end of the locked campaigns. This oversight on ZOS's part, just gave fuel to the people that don't want a faction lock.
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    http://prntscr.com/o4246w
    You don't have to abandon before it ends - you just must not log into a character that is still in Cyrodiil on the wrong faction.

The real problem is that you can't unassign characters from Cyrodiil if you can't log to them because they are in Cyro...
    Edited by Sanct16 on June 19, 2019 8:13PM
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • thisisnotBro
    thisisnotBro
    ✭✭
    I just wrote a ticket and a made a post about the same issue ( didnt see yours before )

I used 900k AP to abandon campaigns on all my toons to change them around.

I'm still locked with the wrong toons probably because some of them was in cyrodiil before i logged in.

This is a HUGE issue and it needs to be fixed fast.
    Main Meowblade
    -Bro - EP Khajjit - Magicka Nightblade NA
    Raiden - EP High elf - Magicka Sorcerer NA
    Bro The Tank - DC Argonian - Magicka Templar NA
    Iron-Bro - EP Nord - Stamina Dragonknight NA
    tur-Bro - AD Orc - Stamina Sorcerer0 NA
    Scorpion - EP Nord - Magicka Nightblade NA
    Sub-zebro = DC High Elf - Magicka Warden NA
    Quantum gave me a laptop DC - High elf - Magicka Sorcerer NA
    Nebromancer DC - Orc - Stamina Necromancer NA
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad I decided I to stop paying ZOS to treat me like garbage. They'll do it for free!
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no doubt they will start mid-year mayhem before they fix this
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get an answer to this @ZOS_GinaBruno ? I don't want to waste a lot of ap if it's not possible to change campaigns. Is this a bug or intended ?
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fix it or remove faction locks please
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there were a PVE issue of this magnitude, they would take the servers down for an emergency patch.

I feel really bad for all the players affected by issues related to this terrible implementation of faction locking. It's really outrageous that customers are being treated this way.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Come on ZOS. Other than folks complaining in the forums, what EXACTLY is the rationale behind faction locks? Is it spelt out anywhere? Could someone link it?

AND if the reasoning behind faction locks are indeed valid, shouldn’t we as the player base expect a smoother set up from our fav gaming company? Must every “fix” break something?
    Edited by JumpmanLane on June 20, 2019 2:32AM
  • fullheartcontainer
    fullheartcontainer
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah I accidentally logged into my DC toon first, who happened to already be in Cyrodiil. I wasn't even thinking about it and got locked in for the next 30 days. :/ At the very least, end of campaign everyone should be moved out of cyrodiil I mean come on.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah had a friend who wanted to switch alliance for the new Campaign to Play with me and the rest of our Group, well now he cant, gonna be interesting to see what will be done About this. (well probably not that interesting since its likely gonna be Nothing)
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.