The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Maelstrom weapon trader

requital
requital
✭✭
What you thinking about it..? Trader for Maelstrom weapon
10 weapons for 1 (at choice which one need).
Because when got 10 two hands sword in turn.. it's not best way to get what you need.
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Before transmutation I would say that the function you are proposing was the most needed function in the game.

Now I think it's fine as it is.
    EU PC
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you allready get 1 gold weapon per week

for every character you've managed to place on leaderboards

no need for any extras - it is fine as it is
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vildebill wrote: »
    Before transmutation I would say that the function you are proposing was the most needed function in the game.

You can't transmute if you don't get weapon in the first place
    I'd say 1 for 1 for if I'm able to complete it i do deserve the weapon of my choice and 1000 runs against an AI dosent makes you better player.
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    r34lian wrote: »

I'd say 1 for 1 for if I'm able to complete it i do deserve the weapon of my choice and 1000 runs against an AI dosent makes you better player.

by this logic you must get all dungeon/trial gear in 1 run?

because you deserve?
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I do belive that gold vendor should have 1 random weapon (arena perfected weapon sets) each weekend.
    Of course, the price would have to be adequate for that. Or, just bring back master weapons + other arenas weapon sets as a end-of-campaign rewards.
  • Harrdarrzarr
    Harrdarrzarr
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I do belive that gold vendor should have 1 random weapon (arena perfected weapon sets) each weekend.
    Of course, the price would have to be adequate for that. Or, just bring back master weapons + other arenas weapon sets as a end-of-campaign rewards.

Hell no, what would be the point of the arena's if you can get the gear without ever going there?
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its already way too easy to get maelstrom weapons, no need to make it even easier.
    Just do weeklies on 2-3 char for 2 weeks and you got all weapons in 99% of the cases.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No... just no. Everyone wants things easy. You want that inferno or bow, you run it 1000 times like everyone else
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No... just no. Everyone wants things easy. You want that inferno or bow, you run it 1000 times like everyone else
    I don't think "we had to suffer so everyone else has to suffer" is a good way to improve the quality of a game.

Maelstrom is the only case where it's "hard" to get an item and it's nothing to do with the challenge but simply the RNG of the item drops. At least with other arenas you have four chances at the item if you're with others who don't need it.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, it's fine as it is
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you deem the reward worth it, you'll do the thing required to earn the reward.
    Even if that means slogging through content you've done hundreds of times.

I got a inferno malestrom staff my first go. Was ecstatic. The thing I was actually after was a bow, though.
    It took what felt like 500 runs for one to drop. And when it did, the feeling of relief and excitement...it was amazing.
    Then I got a gold bow in the mail. Then I got another bow on my next run.

If the reward is worth it to you, you'll do what it takes to achieve it.
    That's the way it should be.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Hell no, what would be the point of the arena's if you can get the gear without ever going there?

I get your point but atm you can get the monster sets that drop in vet dungeons without even being in there...
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Overcoming vMA is one of the great achievements anyone can accomplish in this game.
    If you want those special weapons you need to be good enough to held them.
    So, no trader for this.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1000 times?

My first completion, I got the inferno staff.
    Second completion, I got the bow.

I guess I should play the lotto huh?
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    r34lian wrote: »

First, it certainly won't take 1000 runs to get a specific weapon in any trait. Not even remotely close. And secondly, Maelstrom Arena really makes you a better player.
    EU PC