The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Access Code

xXPORTUGEEXx
xXPORTUGEEXx
Soul Shriven
Trying to submit a ticket but every time I go to Log In and I Copy and Paste the code from my email I get a login in failed... yet I can go to my elder scrolls account no question and log in to the forums. Is this a common issue? any workarounds? None of the knowledge base or default problems relate hence the need to submit a ticket.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried to actually type in the code?
  • xXPORTUGEEXx
    xXPORTUGEEXx
    Soul Shriven
    i copied the code into notepad and copied it into the field just non stop loop of login failed
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    first, check do you have some kind of advertising blocking software running? Any kind of cookies blocking software? Anything at all that could mess with the sites code?
    Then TYPE not copy paste in your login info to support site website. Some kinds of forms can tell if you're copy pasting and refuse to work then.

Come back if that failed to help.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I understand what you are saying but that is not the same as typing it in. Try to type it in yourself.

Of course there may be something that locks an account when the attempts fail so many times, but that is a different issue.

Edit: and while that is good advice posted above, I would suggest typing it in first and see if that works. Especially since it is so simple. I have tried to copy and paste the code and it failed, but succeeded when I typed it in. Such a simple solution.
    Edited by idk on June 19, 2019 3:22AM
  • xXPORTUGEEXx
    xXPORTUGEEXx
    Soul Shriven
    I've copied and pasted, I've copied to notepad and pasted, I've manually typed the 4 characters middle space and 4 characters. Tried 2 different browsers. if my account is locked it is not stating that it is locked. If it was I don't think I could access my account.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've copied and pasted, I've copied to notepad and pasted, I've manually typed the 4 characters middle space and 4 characters. Tried 2 different browsers. if my account is locked it is not stating that it is locked. If it was I don't think I could access my account.

Thank you for the thorough update. Can you request a new code? Just in case. Or at least try typing it in without the space. I cannot recall if that is needed or not.
  • xXPORTUGEEXx
    xXPORTUGEEXx
    Soul Shriven
    there is no option to request a new code I've tried with space and no space
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE Can you provide some assistance to this person. Since they cannot submit a ticket about the issue that is preventing them from submitting a ticket I figured you are the best bet here.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, restart your PC.

I do not know why I did not say that earlier. That is always, and I mean always, the first step tech support will ask you to do. The most basic problem solving solution on a PC.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @xXPORTUGEEXx

Keep in mind that the access code is only valid for 24 hours after you receive the confirmation e-mail. You may want to delete all previous access code e-mails, then obtain a new one to ensure you receive a current code. If you still get a "Login Failed" error message, you can proceed to opening a ticket with customer support. You can use the account recovery form if you're unable to create a ticket through the normal process.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post