The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Honestly stop ripping noobs off.

zaria
zaria
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So much stuff you could sell and people would be happy to pay premium for.
Say the bard in Rimen crafting district in you house, ability skins like have an senche instead of an bear for warden.
Service merchants of other races.
Broom and bucket and the stolen clothing as outfit styles granted this would fit better as an event reward add in some other npc outfits especially the more causal ones.

Instead selling mercenary motif for 2500 crowns. Now in PC-EU chest goes for 4K gold daggers for 1K in my trading guild. As its 14 pages it will be 28K gold with an average price of 2K. 56K with an average of 4K item. 2500 crowns will give 950.000 gold if sold with crown exchange, no you are not an member but you could easy sell to friend for 500K.
This is an 10x buff. Don't get me talking about vampire / WW buffs or worse removal who cost a few hundred gold.

on the other hand love the zombie skin :)
Grinding just make you go in circles.
Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup these motifs are way overpriced in the crown store.
  • BrianLovesLisa
    BrianLovesLisa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Say the bard in Rimen crafting district in you house, ability skins like have an senche instead of an bear for warden.
    Broom and bucket and the stolen clothing as outfit styles granted this would fit better as an event reward add in some other npc outfits especially the more causal ones.

Instead selling mercenary motif for 2500 crowns. Now in PC-EU chest goes for 4K gold daggers for 1K in my trading guild. As its 14 pages it will be 28K gold with an average price of 2K. 56K with an average of 4K item. 2500 crowns will give 950.000 gold if sold with crown exchange, no you are not an member but you could easy sell to friend for 500K.
    This is an 10x buff. Don't get me talking about vampire / WW buffs or worse removal who cost a few hundred gold.

Maybe they should turn off Gifting so people can stop acting like The Rate the players are paying is the RATE ZOS should sell for.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

Maybe they should turn off Gifting so people can stop acting like The Rate the players are paying is the RATE ZOS should sell for.

It's an old motif though that can easily be acquired in the game or bought from guild traders. The OP mentioned the crown exchange price to show that which ever way buyers go for: crowns or gold-for-crowns, they are paying a lot more than they would if they bought them from guild traders. As for the WW/vamp curses, the fact that there's no clear mention they are convenience counterparts to curses (and cures) that can be had from the game (not to mention with no or very low cost) is a little like preying on new players who won't know any better.
  • Tulare_Verlaris
    Tulare_Verlaris
    ✭✭✭
    Could not agree more.

At the moment they have the Dro M'athra Motif in the Crown Store for 6000 Crowns, yes that is right SIX THOUSAND CROWNS. You can buy them cheap in guild stores for a tiny fraction of the equivalent gold to Crown current ingame conversion rates that people are paying.

If that is not purely predatory from this greedy company I do not know what is. I mean if they want to charge silly amounts of Crowns for a purely cosmetic item you cannot get ingame, then people can choose whether to buy it or not. This makes Crown Crate gambling seem angelic.

The more I see this nonsense the more I am glad I cancelled my ESO+ and have stayed away from buying ANYTHING in the Crown Store. Indeed I have pretty much given up playing the game too with the current issues.

ZO$ seems totally hellbent in giving themselves an absolutely dire reputation, even worse than it currently has... pathetic.
    Still in the queue, spamming "F"...
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not fixing the buggy and laggy mess the game is since elsweyr and still putting those prices in the store. I would be ashamed..
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the motif prices are so high so people could still feel elitist about getting them through playing. Sure some motifs get cheaper over time (I mean gold value) but the sentiment remains. Youd have lots of people complaining about cheap motifs that diminish their fun and also ruin their guild store business. Just look what happened when added rare motifs to reward boxes for this year's anniversary event.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Werewolf/Vampire cure is also crazy.

800 crowns or about 160,000 gold equivalent. There is an ingame NPC that will cure you for just under 700 gold. That's 228 times the ingame rate. You think a 10 times multiplier is bad. The only people buying cures from the store are ignorant of the ingame methods that are dirt cheap. That's a horrible way to get money from customers that you're hoping will come back and spend more. How do they trust you after that transaction?
    Edited by redspecter23 on June 23, 2019 9:26PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michae wrote: »
    I think the motif prices are so high so people could still feel elitist about getting them through playing. Sure some motifs get cheaper over time (I mean gold value) but the sentiment remains. Youd have lots of people complaining about cheap motifs that diminish their fun and also ruin their guild store business. Just look what happened when added rare motifs to reward boxes for this year's anniversary event.
    Yes I get the argument that crowns should be more expensive than in game as its an paid shortcut. And not so much an issue for rare motifs, even if their price has also been dropping hard, event and that many have them and more are doing harder content.
    Still ripping noobs of are not an long term business strategy, sell more expensive and cool stuff people want.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Caveat emptor.

If you know what those words mean then you are not affected by this product.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Slimebrow
    Slimebrow
    ✭✭✭
    Offering Werewolf and Vampire curse and cure through crowns is shameful and a horrid thing to do to your customers, like not only are you not getting what you are paid for (meaning the skills lines are so lackluster they not worth purchasing) but you can get them via in game from players, for cheap, and people who are new or don't know any better and will probably buy them via crowns.

They have also made sure that attaining these curses via in game is so cryptic and a time waste that more often players will result in buying them via crown store out of frustration. Considering lore wise the "curses" they sell in crown store are gained from being bitten or scratched by any that are already "cursed".

What a vile malpractice.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Regarding motif prices, while I agree they could be adjusted when motifs finally tank in price in-game, the original idea was that they were a convenience and priced as such. At launch of the CS, players were certainly concerned about them offering motifs in the CS and how it would affect their ability to sell pages in-game. The problem is that the motif prices haven't changed in the CS even when they have clearly done so in-game.

Regarding werewolf/vampire bites - they used to be rather expensive in-game, with players routinely killing off the NPCs that would give players lycanthropy/vampirism and then charging vast amounts of gold for scratches/bites. The CS versions nipped that in the bud, and now you can get them fairly cheap in-game, which then does make the CS options seem expensive now.

I get that new players aren't aware that they can get certain things in-game, and I would suggest that ZOS go back and add informative text to items that you can also get in-game. They've done this with some of the newer motifs - like the Pelletine motif, which I think does say that you can get it from doing the dragon hunt dailies. Maybe that's just in the CS Showcase, but I seem to recall seeing it when I looked at the CS last night.

Of course, whether players actually read CS descriptions before they buy is another matter.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Regarding motif prices, while I agree they could be adjusted when motifs finally tank in price in-game, the original idea was that they were a convenience and priced as such. At launch of the CS, players were certainly concerned about them offering motifs in the CS and how it would affect their ability to sell pages in-game. The problem is that the motif prices haven't changed in the CS even when they have clearly done so in-game.

Regarding werewolf/vampire bites - they used to be rather expensive in-game, with players routinely killing off the NPCs that would give players lycanthropy/vampirism and then charging vast amounts of gold for scratches/bites. The CS versions nipped that in the bud, and now you can get them fairly cheap in-game, which then does make the CS options seem expensive now.

I get that new players aren't aware that they can get certain things in-game, and I would suggest that ZOS go back and add informative text to items that you can also get in-game. They've done this with some of the newer motifs - like the Pelletine motif, which I think does say that you can get it from doing the dragon hunt dailies. Maybe that's just in the CS Showcase, but I seem to recall seeing it when I looked at the CS last night.

Of course, whether players actually read CS descriptions before they buy is another matter.
    This, vamp / WW bite drama has the effect that its rude to ask for payment for bites while its standard for crafted stuff.
    It chanced then you got an high enough populations of WW and vamps.

And yes don't mind it much for expensive motifs as said the crown store is more of an fast track but still.
  • Slimebrow
    Slimebrow
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with motifs being over priced...most of the crown store items are extremely overpriced.

The reason why some of us are not happy with it is because vamp/WW are base skill lines meaning they are included in base game after purchase which are sold via crown store also. If people are willing to let it pass then what's stopping Zenimax from creating future DLC content with some quests and half baked skill lines and then locking those skill lines under a pay wall after purchasing that DLC content.

Because that's what they pebbling vamp/WW (they are included in base game after purchase) , they are half baked skill lines and incomplete and they are pretty much selling them for the price of a new game. How is a new player to know they are actually worth it or not? They just have the pictures and the small bit of description in crown store to go by.

It's Horrid.
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with motifs being over priced...most of the crown store items are extremely overpriced.

The reason why some of us are not happy with it is because vamp/WW are base skill lines meaning they are included in base game after purchase which are sold via crown store also. If people are willing to let it pass then what's stopping Zenimax from creating future DLC content with some quests and half baked skill lines and then locking those skill lines under a pay wall after purchasing that DLC content.

Because that's what they pebbling vamp/WW (they are included in base game after purchase) , they are half baked skill lines and incomplete and they are pretty much selling them for the price of a new game. How is a new player to know they are actually worth it or not? They just have the pictures and the small bit of description in crown store to go by.

It's Horrid.

Just imagine ZOS selling a Psijic skill line upgrade...
    Now that would be an explanation as to why it is the way it is.

Jo'Khaljor