The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dwemer Furniture plans

jazsper77
jazsper77
✭✭✭✭✭
Good evening everyone! So I’ve always been intrigued by the Dwemer in TES. I’m going to convert a home into a full Dwemer theme.
Just curious as where to look for the Furniture BP besides Guild traders as there is not a huge selection in the PS4/NA TRADERS ATM.

Ty
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I was looking for Dwemer/Clockwork stuff, I did my grinding in the Basilica in Clockwork City. There are two rooms there, if you hang a left from the main entrance and go into the little side hall, one on each end, with lootable containers that are not stealing. I parked all 15 of my toons there and just logged through them one after the other for hours. I ended up finding most of the available recipes after a couple of weeks.
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice Ty
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i got quite a few while doing the clockwork quests for the target dummy i just looted everything in every tomb i went it.
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will try that as well ty
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Dwemer furnishing plans go to any Dwemer ruins, such as Nchuleftingth in Vvardenfell or the Dwemer delves in Alik'r Desert, with Dwemer containers - urns, and such. The more, the merrier, I mean the better the still very slight chance for a plan to drop.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The larger issue in my view is that the plans require too many frames to craft. The recipes really need to be updated so the plans require one or two frames like all the newer housing recipes do. There's a few traders on XBOX/NA that have a good supply of the plans, but if I could at all justify paying an arm and both legs for one plan, I don't even have the frames to make it worthwhile when each one demands 10+ for one item. :'(
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least the Dwarven scrap drops in the same location as the plans. If you go farming for the plans, you should be getting a reasonable supply of the mats.
  • Calarax
    Calarax
    ✭✭✭
    Razaks Wheel or Graystone Quarry in Wrothgar are the two best places I have found with large numbers of dwermer pots/urns. Be prepared to be frustrated...ive been farming those spots since Dwemer stuff went live and I am still missing a few plans.
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool thx
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, here's the thing for me - the only farming I ever do in life is actual farming. With actual crops in an actual garden that yields actual food I can eat at the end of the season. If I have to significantly go out of my way to get something in a video game, I don't bother. I don't mind buying things like frames from other players who spend their time on that sort of thing, but with the drop rates as terrible as they are, the prices are awful and it ends up sliding off my priority list entirely.

For home design, that's basically meant furnishing Clockwork instead where I want that general aesthetic. After the last event, I have almost all the Clockwork plans save for a few of the overpriced purple ones, and plenty of the style material from the various times I've done questing in the zone. Recently, though, I caved and got a purple plan for some chandeliers in my house because they just looked really good there. Gods, I don't even want to think about how expensive that was.