The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Fix the PvP crutches

Lutallo
Lutallo
✭✭✭
Fury, Bleeds, Poisons, Lingering Health.

- 750 WD on a heavy armour set? Why?

- Poisons should scale off max stats. Why does a 30k Health tank have the same damage tooltip as a glass cannon stamblade?

- Bleeds should deal % increase damage based on enemy health (to counter tanks like they’re supposed to, as opposed to eating medium/light with 4k DPS).

- Lingering Health - 100% uptime on 1k Health per second base with 15 seconds of Major Vitality? In heavy this pot heals for almost 2k/second. Tank meta is prevalent enough, never mind this garbage.

Bring some skill back into this game. I can throw on troll king, fury, seventh with all the above and run around borderline invincible with 4.5kWD and 5kdps worth of DoTs.
"Rock is too OP, please nerf"
Sincerely, Scissors.
  • TriangularChicken
    TriangularChicken
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a death recap tip for you: "have you tried using defile in PvP?"
    Options
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's worth noting that Oblivion damage will have scaling effect in the future.

Hopefully bleeds follow suit.
    Options
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lutallo wrote: »

- Poisons should scale off max stats. Why does a 30k Health tank have the same damage tooltip as a glass cannon stamblade?

- Bleeds should deal % increase damage based on enemy health (to counter tanks like they’re supposed to, as opposed to eating medium/light with 4k DPS).

- Lingering Health - 100% uptime on 1k Health per second base with 15 seconds of Major Vitality? In heavy this pot heals for almost 2k/second. Tank meta is prevalent enough, never mind this garbage.

Bring some skill back into this game. I can throw on troll king, fury, seventh with all the above and run around borderline invincible with 4.5kWD and 5kdps worth of DoTs.

Dang didn't realize lingering health pots were so good. I usually run around with trash stam alliance pots and do just fine.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

Options
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well - good luck finding a class that can incorporate all that you wrote above and use it to tactical superiority over everyone else in cyrodiil.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
    Options
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Those are all really solid suggestions, and a good outline of some Cyrodil pain points. Having high survivability and having high dmg should never be a simultaneous option. It's an either/or scenario, and it's ridiculous that stam can build like a tank and still smash you to pieces. There is no real counterplay (no, even defile isn't that helpful against these players), and it's boring.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Throw those sets on, then make a video of u being invincible. I bet you still get wrecked and attack what ever killed you.
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »

Dang didn't realize lingering health pots were so good. I usually run around with trash stam alliance pots and do just fine.

They're not that good, he's exaggerating
    Options
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »

Those pots are like invincibility during the major vitality portion lol.

They also cost like 1000g per...
    Options
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »

The cost is even more a reason to nerf it.

Try harders will have the gold, while other can't afford it.
    Options
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »

Strongly disagree. Gold has a purpose.
    Options
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    dodge roll?
    Options
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »
    well - good luck finding a class that can incorporate all that you wrote above and use it to tactical superiority over everyone else in cyrodiil.

Literally every stam build on this game.... I hope your being sarcastic.
    Options
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iCaliban wrote: »
    Aedaryl wrote: »

Strongly disagree. Gold has a purpose.

Gold has a purpose right - other potions still have a price and it's a reasonable one.

Giving a significant advantage to people because they farm gold isn't healthy in PvP.
    Options
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    don't you *** touch my lingering health. my magblade doesn't even have his own heals anymore, hands off.
    Invictus
    Options
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually have a character with all of these and she is great... at doing vMA and soloing dungeons :D
    But she is also quite good in PvP. Too bad I can't play her more because of that faction lock :/
    Options
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »
    Those are all really solid suggestions, and a good outline of some Cyrodil pain points. Having high survivability and having high dmg should never be a simultaneous option. It's an either/or scenario, and it's ridiculous that stam can build like a tank and still smash you to pieces. There is no real counterplay (no, even defile isn't that helpful against these players), and it's boring.

I agree to a certain extent, shield stacking pre nerf was fair in my opinion. People who shield stacked back then had no more than 22k health, now we are in a meta where every one and their uncle has over 27k for a magbuild.
    Options
  • Lutallo
    Lutallo
    ✭✭✭

You are most likely new to the game my friend, because if you played IC Update, there were no bleeds, poisons, sword/board and heavy weren't big unless magdk and maybe Magplar, no fury and there were still clear metas and fast paced clean gameplay that revolves around regen and burst. You didn’t need cheese to kill people.

Edited by Lutallo on June 17, 2019 11:18PM
    Sincerely, Scissors.
    Options
  • Lutallo
    Lutallo
    ✭✭✭

No, they are that good. Go look at the tooltip. They do 48 seconds of ~1k health per second + Major Vitality for 15 seconds. Now ~1k health is great, but factor in 8% healing taken from heavy armour, usually CP adds up to 15%ish, the major vitality buff from the potion, 20% healing when near a keep, any mending/vitality buff it soon very quickly adds up to a great heal. Healing in this game is additive AFAIK.

To very roughly calculate that (ballpark figure):
    30%+8%+15%+20%+8%(say minor mending on my stamplar) = 81%
    1.81*1000 = 1810health per second (and btw @Insco851 you don't need powdered mother of pearl so they aren't expensive. All you need is Butterfly Wing, Scrib Jelly Torchbug Thorax. This pot costs me about 500g for 4).

This is an objective post on the effectiveness of the above abilities. Argue against why they're not overpowered, instead of arguing why you guess that I am a bad player. I run this cheese garbage. I'm part of the problem, but I want it fixed because these mechanics are greatly over performing and the gameplay is trash because of it.

If you can genuinely justify a heavy armour set with 750 WD, max damage tooltips on tanks and a potion that gives major vit and 1k+ Hps, then lets hear it. But until you do that, it sounds like you're one of the people that plays that style and is trying to protect yourself from going back to playing non-cheese.
    Sincerely, Scissors.
    Options
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Tanky MagSorcs should be the only people getting kills.
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, they are that good. Go look at the tooltip. They do 48 seconds of ~1k health per second + Major Vitality for 15 seconds. Now ~1k health is great, but factor in 8% healing taken from heavy armour, usually CP adds up to 15%ish, the major vitality buff from the potion, 20% healing when near a keep, any mending/vitality buff it soon very quickly adds up to a great heal. Healing in this game is additive AFAIK.

To very roughly calculate that (ballpark figure):
    30%+8%+15%+20%+8%(say minor mending on my stamplar) = 81%
    1.81*1000 = 1810health per second (and btw @Insco851 you don't need powdered mother of pearl so they aren't expensive. All you need is Butterfly Wing, Scrib Jelly Torchbug Thorax. This pot costs me about 500g for 4).

This is an objective post on the effectiveness of the above abilities. Argue against why they're not overpowered, instead of arguing why you guess that I am a bad player. I run this cheese garbage. I'm part of the problem, but I want it fixed because these mechanics are greatly over performing and the gameplay is trash because of it.

If you can genuinely justify a heavy armour set with 750 WD, max damage tooltips on tanks and a potion that gives major vit and 1k+ Hps, then lets hear it. But until you do that, it sounds like you're one of the people that plays that style and is trying to protect yourself from going back to playing non-cheese.

Now cut that in half .... there's a monstrous difference in 1khps and 2khps

People need to stop thinking of sets as heavy or medium or whatever. You can, and most ppl do, run it in medium.

It's a set. It is too strong. It's even stronger on a well built medium build. Does it make someone an immortal God? Lol far from it.
    Edited by EtTuBrutus on June 18, 2019 12:29AM
    Options
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bs / 7th / fury has a very specific use. I’d never wear it if I was in no cp or if I was in a group.

Those sets work well when more people are attacking the wearer. That’s their use. It’s designed to counter zerglings.. or in duels, long drawn out duels with lots of dot / Pet / poison pressure.

PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

Options
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cap health off at 30k. Hard Cap resistances off at 35k.
    Make bleeds&obilivion damage scale off how much health the enemy has.
    Stop making so many heavy armor sets that do absurd damage. Such as ravenger, 7th, fury, truth, veiled heritance. Etc.
    Heavy armor isn’t the problem. Heavy armor sets are the problem.
    Give medium armor just a few needed buffs.
    Such as replacing improved sneak passive with something else. That passive is absolute useless unless you’re a medium armor nightblade... make it something that’ll benefit all other medium users.
    Shuffle could use some much needed buffs from how expensive it is and how little snare immunity it gives, especially since anyone with a brain runs 5 medium and the 2 other pieces for undaunted.
    Options
  • TriangularChicken
    TriangularChicken
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Bs / 7th / fury has a very specific use. I’d never wear it if I was in no cp or if I was in a group.

Those sets work well when more people are attacking the wearer. That’s their use. It’s designed to counter zerglings.. or in duels, long drawn out duels with lots of dot / Pet / poison pressure.

This, truth!
    Options
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Such as replacing improved sneak passive with something else. That passive is absolute useless unless you’re a medium armor nightblade... make it something that’ll benefit all other medium users.
    Shuffle could use some much needed buffs from how expensive it is and how little snare immunity it gives, especially since anyone with a brain runs 5 medium and the 2 other pieces for undaunted.

Just stop there removing sneak passive. PvP is not all of the game. I do play Cyrodill in 7 medium and dont need the sneak there, but somewhere else. No tradeoff here please. But i wont mind a buff of penetration per medium piece.

Shuffle isnt that bad and i use it, but i would like to have "remove one effect" on cast or a small sustain buff additionally.
    Options
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »

I agree

My favorite part is when said players come to the forums and cry about healing being "OP" and needing a nerf because their meta builds got either (a) beaten by someone that actually had skill , or (b) were made completely ineffective by someone with actual skill. They conveniently forget to ask for 24K+ tooltip vigors to be nerfed everytime :D

My other favorite part is when they roll in a ball grou, oh wait, I mean "small man."
    Options
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mague wrote: »
    frostz417 wrote: »

Just stop there removing sneak passive. PvP is not all of the game. I do play Cyrodill in 7 medium and dont need the sneak there, but somewhere else. No tradeoff here please. But i wont mind a buff of penetration per medium piece.

Shuffle isnt that bad and i use it, but i would like to have "remove one effect" on cast or a small sustain buff additionally.

Fair enough. But the sneak passive is completely useless in PvP and pve. Unless you’re just role playing.... I guess they can just add something like penetration to it.
    Options
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disappointed after clicking that this wasn't a nerf sorc thread
    Options
  • jhall03
    jhall03
    ✭✭✭
    Well cant we go ahead and add Necropotence?
    Options
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah the normal vitality/linger pots are like 100 each not 1k, youre talking about the vitality/linger/expedition pots which no one uses (unless you literally *** gold) because they require a summerset alchemy material (pearl).

The non expedition pots serve the main purpose, themselves they arent that amazing, but combine that with vigor, class heals, sets like cyrodiils crest, on dk specifically major mending from fragmented shield and cauterize heal, then youre an unkillable tank.

If a random potato in cyro uses them, they wont benefit in the slightest from them, they'll just get bursted between two hp ticks with major mending up and on top of that they will run faster out of ressources because most likely they used to run either trash magicka/stam pots or just tri-pots.

Same situation with immov pots, which were nerfed like 5 times already.
    Edited by ATomiX96 on June 18, 2019 5:09PM
    Options
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you add magsorc to the list of crutches?
    Options