The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting survey’s Summerset

msetten
msetten
✭✭✭✭
Why aren’t there ay crafting surveys for Summerset?
I just noticed that Elsweyr has crafting survey locations, so does Vvardenfell. But why not Summerset?
  • NeroBad
    NeroBad
    ✭✭✭✭
    I second that, I really like Summerset but with no purpose I rarely visit it. But Surveys would be an excelent way for a crafter to revisit it time to time for some material with beautiful scenary.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I get surveys from crafting in Summerset (Alinor) all the time.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭

That is not the issue. I get them there too. The issue is that there are no surveys that point to locations in Summerset.
    Edited by msetten on June 16, 2019 3:50AM
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    yep
    PC-EU @lientier
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    msetten wrote: »

That is not the issue. I get them there too. The issue is that there are no surveys that point to locations in Summerset.

Ah,

I would rather not have another set to store in my bags though. Too many as it is now.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Thorvik_Tyrson
    Thorvik_Tyrson
    ✭✭✭

Ah,

I would rather not have another set to store in my bags though. Too many as it is now.

I know what you mean, I have 4 crafting alts/Mules that are holding all of my motif's and crafting writs.

But back to the OP. I agree, it would be nice to have some surveys in Summerset as that is where I am spending most of my
    daily crafting and Daily Delve time.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hope we can get them in a near future along with a jewelry and an alchemy hireling.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A number of people complain about there being too many zones for writs now. We have 19 zones now, so Summerset would be the 20th in the pool.

It is odd there are no surveys in Summerset. I just put it down to the Altmer taking a dim view of people tracking in mud.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I would like to see surveys in Summerset, I agree that there are too many locations already. I'd rather they hadn't added them to Elsweyr. Maybe if they reduced the number of surveys for Coldharbour, Craglorn, and Wrothgar, which all have more than one location for each craft (although maybe not JC) to just one each, that would help.
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s not that I am eager to have survey’s in Summerset. Basically if there was only one survey location for each crafting type in the whole game it would make picking the materials up way easier. But I just feel its odd that that is a chapter region without any surveys while Elsweyr does have them.

Yes, a jewelry hireling would be very welcome.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s not that I am eager to have survey’s in Summerset. Basically if there was only one survey location for each crafting type in the whole game it would make picking the materials up way easier. But I just feel its odd that that is a chapter region without any surveys while Elsweyr does have them.

Yes, a jewelry hireling would be very welcome.

remember the days when they were only in Wrothgar... and they didn't stack... :disappointed:
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Bc_bmx
    Bc_bmx
    ✭✭✭
    Would be nice if they added Summerset survey locations, and made them strictly the zone specific ingredients on the alchemy surveys (wink wink)
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a good point. Probably the only zone we never get any surveys for. Why is it so? Hmmm....
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very happy there isnt and wish non would have been put in northern elsweyr but sadly they did. There is just under 200 individual survey locations. Thats 200 inventory slots taken from those of us who hold on to them and collect them in large quantities.

This with the fact that they keep adding in 2 of the same trial sets(perfected and non perfected) with every little difference is on of the biggest indicators they don't under stand how end game players are playing their game.

The number one most precious resource for those of us playing their game to its fullest is INVENTORY SPACE. Its something they need to wake up to and be more cautious with in future updates.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is going to be horrible if they add them for Southern Elsewyr and anyplace else. The bag space taken up is really annoying.

It takes long enough to get to them that it is better to store them up and grab a bunch at the same time, except that this then really eats into storage space.

At least make a special storage space where they are just a flag, not an item. It is nice they stack, but make them more like materials so they don't crowd my bags. And I have ESO Plus. I am constantly at 480 items in my banker and I hate having to juggle these.

(Some of that is because I am keeping Master Writs I can't do yet and some is because of the large amount of items I am storing because I am researching crafting on all my characters.)

Really need some optimization here.

It would also be very helpful to have an arrow or other guidance to tell me the direction to where the mats are. Many/most are fairly easy to find using a website, but some seem to hide themselves very well even when I am in the general area. A map entry would also help so I would better know where to go and whether it is on top of the cliff or below, especially with a couple of really annoying ones in Craglorn.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Thorvik_Tyrson
    Thorvik_Tyrson
    ✭✭✭
    Inklings wrote: »
    The number one most precious resource for those of us playing their game to its fullest is INVENTORY SPACE. Its something they need to wake up to and be more cautious with in future updates.

I would argue that they are already aware of this, and this is one reason why they have the crafting bag and double bank space with ESO+. And if you are willing to spend some crowns from an ESO sub, you can get the extra character slots for additional mule space. One of the reasons that I signed up for the 1-year ESO+ was to get enough crowns to buy all the character slots.