The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Resistances in Cyrodiil - XBOX NA Elsweyr DLC

LuciusOctavio
LuciusOctavio
✭✭✭
Just a general topic for discussion, wanted player feed back before I investigate.

I have been in Cyrodiil all this past week, fighting everyday. I have a feeling that my resistances just are not working. Several times I get cut down, super fast while blocking and buffed.

I even went crazy into all resistances to test it out, 43k Physical & Spell damage, 5.2k Crit Resistance and still get the same results. I am using the Necro, Tanky Heals (Utility) don't do damage but usually can take a lot. But since the update, I just crumble under 2 or 3 players, I'll have 15k health left over, while blocking then just implode. Instant death.

When I look into the damage, its all quite high. 9k and 8k, just feels like I am not mitigating.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Edited by LuciusOctavio on June 13, 2019 11:50PM
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're you able to take more in the past? I know some pvp builds will stach quite a lot of penetration, that could be it. I think for that reason most survivability builds tend to focus a little more on resource pools & sustain than resistance.
  • LuciusOctavio
    LuciusOctavio
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah before the latest DLC, I could maybe survive an assault of 5-8 players jumping on me. I thought it was maybe penetration too, but it just seems like the mitigation doesn't kick in.

My resource pool is fine, I heal up, I use the Necro abilities to stack minor and major protection all while blocking and buffed. Doesn't seem to hold up.
  • LuciusOctavio
    LuciusOctavio
    ✭✭✭
    Also siege, I have noticed when I die from oils, its around 18k damage, so feel as if I am not halfing this damage at all.

My build is a siegecro, stands on ram, siege shields etc. So I stacked resistances to be able to stand in the oils and keep the Ram moving. But just crumble now.
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are some new debuffs/debuffs people have started using, and new pots that do minor vulnerbility and also heal absorbtion. I have found that I am taking more damge as well once Elsewwyr was out for a week.
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• LuciusOctavio
    LuciusOctavio
    ✭✭✭
    Could be it, I'll keep an eye on it, see if its just something not triggering. Like my necro abilities might not be activating on time or delayed.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had a couple instances on my stacked resist templar where i thought something wasnt right but i cant say I've felt that on my necro though
  • LuciusOctavio
    LuciusOctavio
    ✭✭✭
    I will test out a few of my other characters to see if its across the board, not just my necro. I just thought I was going crazy but seems like a few players are seeing a difference.
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also siege, I have noticed when I die from oils, its around 18k damage, so feel as if I am not halfing this damage at all.

My build is a siegecro, stands on ram, siege shields etc. So I stacked resistances to be able to stand in the oils and keep the Ram moving. But just crumble now.

Keep in mind siege damage was buffed by 30% in CP campaigns, so that could account for some of what you're experiencing.
  • LuciusOctavio
    LuciusOctavio
    ✭✭✭

Keep in mind siege damage was buffed by 30% in CP campaigns, so that could account for some of what you're experiencing.

Yes I saw that in the patch notes, not sure if thats it, I'll buff Major and Minor protection on Ram with all mentioned Resistances above, and while blocking, I'll melt with a death recap of 18k Oils. 18k is what Oils used to hit on previous patch.

It shoud be more if the 30% is included, maybe oils hit around 22-24k without any resistance. So I should at least half this to 12k.

Don't know if its just buggy, laggy or something is simply not working.
    Edited by LuciusOctavio on June 14, 2019 1:03AM
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just because you can't see most of what's hitting you. At least it's that way for me. Half the time, I don't even see my own vigor animation. The worst part is this is with a fiber connection which means the console optimization of this game is horrendous.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »
    It's just because you can't see most of what's hitting you. At least it's that way for me. Half the time, I don't even see my own vigor animation. The worst part is this is with a fiber connection which means the console optimization of this game is horrendous.

I've had better fights with Jedi dark Knight 2 on dual up than I do with ESO 2019.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • LuciusOctavio
    LuciusOctavio
    ✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »

I agree it has to be something to do with performance, since the update so much seems buggy with animations, siege equipment and abilities just not working.

On the Necro I can use all my abilities to get 51% damage mitigation, just doesn't seem to work. I back it up with 43k (buffed) resistances and 5.1k Crit. Doesn't seem to do much.

So going back to my Warden, DK and Templar to compare. But have a feeling its due to performace issues from the DLC update.
  • abelsgmx
    abelsgmx
    ✭✭✭
    Have you seen your combat log? I fell the same like you, I always see my combat log, for example I see 4.5k light attack damage with Crystal Weapon and I have 20k physical and magical resistances with full impen. I allways see a lot of damege, is like my resistances are not working or some people is doing some to amplify damage send it from client to server
    Edited by abelsgmx on June 9, 2021 12:12AM
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings!

We've closed this thread given its age and given that some information may be out of date. If you wish to continue discussing this topic please create a new thread. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.