Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Is armor master a good tank pve set?

KharnTheUndying
KharnTheUndying
✭✭✭
Trying to get my undaunted level and tried to make a cheap tanking set up a have mighty chudan as helm paired with plague dctor and armor master all heavy.Should i replace anything or i'm i good to go for dungeons and world bosses?
  • UntrustedExistenz
    UntrustedExistenz
    ✭✭✭
    In PvE watch for your resistance cap (33k). I belive, if everything is in heavy, with major buffs for res you can be over cap. Armor master is a great set, but I think is more useful on light armor.
    <PC EU>
    Press "F" to pay respect to our fallen megalulserver.
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torug's is a very good crafted tank set and your dps will love you for wearing it with an infused staff(wall of elements) or bow(endless hail) back bar for maximum crusher.
    But if you already crafted armor master you should be fine with it just for leveling undaunted.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's really only used in pvp, as far as I know. If you want a beginner crafted set to pair up, maybe run hist bark or dragon if you want to farm. A lot of dragon pieces are quest rewards.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like you may be relatively new to tanking. So yes, you should fine with what you have. UntrustedExistenz and mobicera give good advice.

You arguably will want to err on the side of caution to begin with; look after yourself and make sure you can taunt, stand as still as possible, take the hits and survive. Once you're more experienced and comfortable in your role then I would begin to think about reducing your survivability a bit for more group support.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Heelie
    Heelie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generally speaking selfish sets in pve are a dps exlusive things. You're better off spending your time and money on something with group utility. Ebon from Crypt of Hearts is a good place to start.
    Most OwOrated healer of all time