The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

This amazing Master Writ

Galadius
Galadius
✭✭✭
I want to sell this. How much does anyone think I should get for it? Someone said I hit the jackpot.

I30nlbd.png
You wouldn't worry so much about what other people thought about you, if you knew how little they did. - ??
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The price varies slightly by server, @Galadius.

Which server are you on?
  • Galadius
    Galadius
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, PC-NA
    You wouldn't worry so much about what other people thought about you, if you knew how little they did. - ??
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About 300 to 500 gold per voucher
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And look at the Motif, that is a rare one, so not as valuable as more common motifs
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Galadius
    Galadius
    ✭✭✭
    ClCz3te.png
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad it wasn't a jewelry writ those go for insane amounts if gold.
  • Galadius
    Galadius
    ✭✭✭
    Jewelry go for less in my opinion, due to the cost of upgrading the jewelery vs upgrading cloth. wood, or blacksmith items to Epic or Legendary
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I usually sell for 400 per voucher but personally I would just do that writ, use the vouchers to buy stuff off of Rolis and sell them instead.
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

702.jpg
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jewelry master writs are all but worthless, imo.

crafting writs generally sell for a price based on their total cost. You can usually get about a 700g/voucher total cost. Thus if it costs 200g/voucher to craft it, you could sell for around 500g/voucher. But, if it costs 400g/voucher to craft, you would only be able to sell for about 300g/voucher.

Exception is with enchanting and alchemy master writs, those you can sell upwards of 1000g/voucher (other than Haikejo and perfect roe requiring ones) because people use them to level up characters.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Amadis001
    Amadis001
    ✭✭✭✭
    On XBOX you will get about 300K for it. Smaller writs are worth proportionally less. But this one will fetch you top dollar.
    // Amadis of Gaul -- DK Nord (Lvl 50 CP 1000)
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Galadius wrote: »
    Oh, PC-NA

Get the Writworthy AddOn.

Then calculate how much your pricing would push up the price per voucher and decide if you'd buy it at that price.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on July 12, 2019 12:21AM
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrong, if that was an jewelry writ, it would be almost worthless

3 zircon and 4 chromium plates cost way more costly than 8 temps. Hell the 8 temps are cheaper than 3 zircons
    Edited by SoLooney on July 12, 2019 6:55AM
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Usually I use the conversion 500g per voucher but this motif page isn't a common one, you need to remember that.
    Still pretty hard to get, you need to fish in Summerset, and at traders has a price that I wouldn't call a bargain....
    Edited by redlink1979 on July 12, 2019 10:11AM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SoLooney wrote: »

JC master writ +300 vouchers aren't worthless just because you don't have the resources....

"Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

JC master writ +300 vouchers aren't worthless just because you don't have the resources....

A 250 voucher attunable station sells for about 180k on PC/NA. The materials alone to do a gold jewelry master writ is approximately 450k +

You would be MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better off selling the materials for gold, then buying whatever you want that can be bought with vouchers.

That makes them worthless.

Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1sv0qr.jpg

^^^ Sooo many people in this thread.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

A 250 voucher attunable station sells for about 180k on PC/NA. The materials alone to do a gold jewelry master writ is approximately 450k +

You would be MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better off selling the materials for gold, then buying whatever you want that can be bought with vouchers.

I get your point but I never bought/buy gold mats. I'm self sustainable, so I don't really have that issue.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

I get your point but I never bought/buy gold mats. I'm self sustainable, so I don't really have that issue.

I never have either... but you could buy 2 attunable stations by selling the mats, or 1 by doing the writ.... that literally does not make any sense what so ever.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

While I am shaking my head that have the posts are reacting to a joke post, I have to respond to your comment.

The only way a JC master writ has value is if you are desperate for vouchers right now and you already own the writ. Another consideration is wanting to get the writs with a minimum level of effort, meaning you don't want to do a lot of smaller writs.

This thread is about selling a master writ. Most people will just buy other gear writs due to mat costs. I have no idea how much you can sell a high voucher count Jewelry master writ for. But if other writs are prices 300-500g per voucher (a number mentioned earlier), if the cost of mats for Jewelry master writs is more than 500g more per voucher than other crafts, that means that the only time anyone should buy one is when there are no other alternatives (based on what is being sold and level of effort to complete) and vouchers are needed immediately.

One problem with JC master writs is that they don't have styles. Rare styles increase the voucher count with no added crafting cost if you already know the style. With JC, there is a serious opportunity cost as you could have sold the mats for a lot of gold and bought the item you wanted from someone with a lot of vouchers.
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have plenty of jewelry upgrade materials, if you haven't realized, jewelry master writs sell for way less than blacksmithing clothing or woodworking

3 zircon platings and 4 chromium platings for a legendary jewelry writ is so pricey compared to 8 legendary mats for the other master writs

There is a reason jewelry waits go for 100 per writ versus 500 to 700 for the others

You're just wasting resources but do what you want, shrugs
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @tmbrinks @SoLooney @DaveMoeDee I may not buy mats but I'm aware of the pricing. If you already gathered the resources (without buying any) required to craft the master writ(s) then the problem is minor, that's my point.
    If the writ(s) is/are worth or not doing that's a thing to consider.
    Edited by redlink1979 on July 15, 2019 9:19AM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I only keep 100+ JC Master Writs, but I am considering just junking even those. I think I stupidly bought a few when I was new to this, but that fortunately stopped quickly.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Still, almost worthless. About the lowest price I’ve seen Writworthy spit out for a Legendary Master Crafting writ is about 800g per voucher, with the vast majority being over 1000g/voucher. Considering most Blacksmithing, Clothing, or Woodworking vouchers are running at 300 to 500g per just shows the JC writs are still way behind. And considering how hard it is to get the improvement mats, I would rather keep those for my own Jewelry crafting sets I may need.