The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Alchemy Surveys???

VamppireGhost
VamppireGhost
✭✭
Why do Alchemy Surveys only offer flowers and Blessed Thistle? I hate having to farm mushrooms, but my Alchemy Surveys only produce Blessed, Bugloss, Columbine, Corn Flower, Dragonthorn, Lady's Smock, Mountain Flower and Wormwood. That's only about 1/3 of the total ingredients in the game. I get why you can't get still like Butterfly Wings and Torchbug Thorax because they are not plant based. But the shrooms are but don't show up and I want them!!!
"What a fool you are. I'm a god. How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence. How could you be so naive? There is no escape. No Recall or Intervention can work in this place. Come. Lay down your weapons. It is not too late for my mercy."
  • Cave_Canem
    Cave_Canem
    ✭✭✭
    Its not something I'd noticed before, but the ingredients listed are those used for tri-stat healing/regen potions. The alchemical surveys are weighted towards helping us create the most commonly used pots.
  • Cloudtrader
    Cloudtrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tip for you: You can get mushrooms via Remains-Silent, which is unlocked at level 3 or 4 of the Dark Brotherhood skill line. Every 20 hours she'll give you selected items. For the mushrooms, select the second option, the first "spoken" text where you ask for poison stuff. You can find Remains-Silent in any Outlaws Refuge once you put a point into Shadow Supplier in the Dark Brotherhood skill line. Getting stuff from her on several characters, I don't have to go farm mushrooms.
  • VamppireGhost
    VamppireGhost
    ✭✭
    Tip for you: You can get mushrooms via Remains-Silent, which is unlocked at level 3 or 4 of the Dark Brotherhood skill line. Every 20 hours she'll give you selected items. For the mushrooms, select the second option, the first "spoken" text where you ask for poison stuff. You can find Remains-Silent in any Outlaws Refuge once you put a point into Shadow Supplier in the Dark Brotherhood skill line. Getting stuff from her on several characters, I don't have to go farm mushrooms.

Oh bud I know where to farm mushrooms, been playing a long time, but I'm just now realizing that I never get any mushrooms from the maps and it never made sense as to why.
    "What a fool you are. I'm a god. How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence. How could you be so naive? There is no escape. No Recall or Intervention can work in this place. Come. Lay down your weapons. It is not too late for my mercy."
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    One thing maybe they could add in a posion survey?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a bad idea ... finding poison solvents bubbling in the same foul water areas for fishing. Or small copses of shrooms in a shaded area.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on June 10, 2019 6:24AM
  • Thrawniel
    Thrawniel
    ✭✭✭

That is a great idea. Maybe not only mushrooms, but also all the ingredients from DB, TG and chapter updates. Some 'alchemist stash' nodes, similar to furrier's traps in clothing surveys?

(Ofc they can just add those stashes to regular surveys too. Like, just spawn a box next to flowers)
  • ncdulo
    ncdulo
    I like the Thieves Guild tip. Since I got onto my own feet in terms of crafting the only alchemy ingredient I have run out of is Violet Coprinus for the alchemy daily writs.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could "split" the Alchemy surveys as well. If the writ calls for flowers to be turned in with it, you get a traditional alchemy survey, but if it's one that calls for mushrooms, you get a new type that has mushroom spawns?

(Although this would clutter the inventory even more)
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points