The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

XB1X sound issues; alternating volume in sound effects and music.

Seesh
Seesh
Soul Shriven
I have noticed a very odd sound issue. I don't really know how to articulate it but it sounds like two different volumes alternating back and forth. It is extremely noticeable with headphones on. It is not my headphones or console settings either as I have done extensive troubleshooting. If you need to recreate this, there is a little waterfall you can listen to near where you first run into Cadwell in Elsweyr. I am using Plantronics Rig 800lx with Dolby Atmos turned on. I have turned Dolby Atmos off as well though and it still does this. My tv speakers reproduce it as well. It is very distracting to me and sort of ruins my experience. Thank you in advance for looking into this issue.
Edited by Seesh on June 7, 2019 12:48PM
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Xbox started doing the same thing this morning. I just use my tv speakers. To me it sounds like the sound is rapidly cutting in and out. It effects music and in-game sound effects including dialogue. Very odd.

EDIT: I just did a hard system re-boot and re-started the game. It seems to have cleared up the problem, at least for now.
    Edited by Smitch_59 on June 7, 2019 1:09PM
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • Seesh
    Seesh
    Soul Shriven
    Smitch_59 wrote: »
    My Xbox started doing the same thing this morning. I just use my tv speakers. To me it sounds like the sound is rapidly cutting in and out. It effects music and in-game sound effects including dialogue. Very odd.

EDIT: I just did a hard system re-boot and re-started the game. It seems to have cleared up the problem, at least for now.

Thanks, I'll try that out. It didn't work for me at first but maybe I need to unplug it from the wall for a few minutes. That's a good way to describe it too, it sounds like it's cutting in and out constantly.
  • npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    I had the same issue, I deleted saved game data and did a restart from the setting menu and it has fixed it for me.
    The Sacrificial Warriors GMXbox One EU:18x CP Chars (2300+ CP)Xbox One NA: 3x CP Chars (800+ CP)Xbox One (alt) EU:5x CP Chars (1500+ CP)Xbox One (alt 2) EU:1x CP Chars (450+ CP)PC EU: 1x CP Char (400+ CP)