The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Flurry is useless?

DokThor90
DokThor90
✭✭✭
Hey,

I tried it with stamcro because it would profit from 10% more dot damage, I dont see it doing damage at all in PvP to Players lol
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flury is not a DoT. The bleed on Slashes is a DoT. The bleed on using axes is a DoT. Poison arrow ha a DoT and Acid Spray. And posion instead of Glyph has DoT's
    Edited by mague on June 7, 2019 6:12AM
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mague wrote: »
    Flury is not a DoT. The bleed on Slashes is a DoT. The bleed on using axes is a DoT. Poison arrow ha a DoT and Acid Spray. And posion instead of Glyph has DoT's

correct.

flurry is a channeled physical ability.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• DokThor90
    DokThor90
    ✭✭✭

As far as I know flurry benefits from thaumaturge and counts AS dot damage - same as Templar Spears e.g.
    Edited by DokThor90 on June 7, 2019 6:56AM
  • DokThor90
    DokThor90
    ✭✭✭
    Just tested it, flurry dmg tooltip increases by necro dot damage passive.
    But btt: IT seems like it doesnt even Hit/Connect in PvP, any1 else?
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Flurry is flagged as a dot.
    DokThor90 wrote: »

Flurry is unusable if there's a lot of lag in Cyrodiil. Pull up combat metrics after a fight with it during primetime hours and you'll see that only 2-3 out of the 5 hits are actually registering. This is probably what you're dealing with. Dunno if this is a known bug or what, but it's really annoying. It works fine in BGs or late at night when there isn't a lot of lag in Cyrodiil.

I suspect it's always been like this and probably won't change but it would be nice if ZOS would address it. The buff to Flurry was nice but the ability doesn't actually work properly in some pvp situations.
    Edited by ecru on June 7, 2019 7:58AM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Have you ever played templar? Same thing, different skill... ZOS never actually fixed the movement speed bug or aiming one, but one thing you can do if you really want to use that skill is run a little ahead of your opponent or light attack first. If you can light attack them then you should always be in range for flurry...
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

Have you ever played templar? Same thing, different skill... ZOS never actually fixed the movement speed bug or aiming one, but one thing you can do if you really want to use that skill is run a little ahead of your opponent or light attack first. If you can light attack them then you should always be in range for flurry...

I don't think this is the issue as it doesn't happen in pve. I think flurry (or jabs which is what i'm assuming you're referring to with templar) not landing is a server side issue with damage from abilities not registering/being dropped entirely. Flurry is in a worse spot due to it being 5 hits in .6 seconds rather than 4 hits in 1 second so it's more apparent with flurry than with jabs.

I don't regularly play my templar but I do use flurry and even the smallest amount of lag in Cyrodiil can mean 4 hits from flurry instead of 5, and it's just luck which of those hits lands (could be all small hits for example, sometimes only 2 small which is garbage damage). Really frustrating when you want to use it with something like corrosive and really need all of those hits to land to make the most of it.
    Edited by ecru on June 7, 2019 3:10PM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer