The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Hatewhispers for having crown stuff

Karmanorway
Karmanorway
✭✭✭✭✭
As a longtime player i have collected a lot of crown stuff through the years, and i find that when i go to pvp cyrodiil or BGs while using crown outfit or mounts i get hatewhispers out of the blue. And its ok i feel i deserve it. Thats why i dont use crown stuff anymore, Even if i want to.

So dear Zos could you please fix the server so i can pvp AND use crown stuff without feeling embarassed or getting hatewhispers for supporting your ignorance (6th year in a row) for PvP server performance. Thank you :) i will sub and buy more crown stuff when PvP is working again 👍
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im expecting we are all going to get the "you know you dont have to be here" comment again requarding all the performance issues that they cant or wont fix.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use your crown stuff and ignore the hate whispers.

If someone in PvP is noticing you have crown stuff equipped they are clearly spending a lot of time dead or doing poorly in PvP to begin with.

I’ve always found hate whispers in PvP intriguing. Not intriguing enough to respond but they generally occur after I killed someone and their flaming. I just find the hate whispers laughable.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused. How is it your fault that ZOS isn't "fixing their game" (whatever that nebulous blanket actually means), and why is it you care what anyone else thinks of you? Genuine question.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    I'm confused. How is it your fault that ZOS isn't "fixing their game" (whatever that nebulous blanket actually means), and why is it you care what anyone else thinks of you? Genuine question.

It's a backhanded attempt to complain about the ESO servers.
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because im one of those guys helping them earn enough millions yearly that they dont need to care about that half their game is broken and unplayable.

I really dont care what ppl think about me, but i do get offended when they start talking about family, my mother in particular.
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a backhanded attempt to complain about the ESO servers.

You got me, posting it directly gets you muted and thread closed so not much else to do is there.. Mr Pve player 😎👍 i wonder... What would YOU do if u had 999+ ping spikes in dungeons and trials every 5 secs for 5 years 🤔
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The pvp community loves my mother too....

Apparently she's very popular.
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

If someone in PvP is noticing you have crown stuff equipped they are clearly spending a lot of time dead or doing poorly in PvP to begin with.

I’ve always found hate whispers in PvP intriguing. Not intriguing enough to respond but they generally occur after I killed someone and their flaming. I just find the hate whispers laughable.

Yes i get lots too after killing someone, but teammates talking trash to u about your mother before BG match starts is just low xD
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how did they even know it was from the crown store unless, they were looking at it wanting it for themselves.
    me thinks they jealous.
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is educational. I thought I'd received every sort of hate imaginable.
    forever stuck in combat
  • Jawshoeuh
    Jawshoeuh
    ✭✭✭
    I really dont care what ppl think about me, but i do get offended when they start talking about family, my mother in particular.

But you obviously do.. because you don't wear your crown stuff anymore...
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So your post is really about fixing the servers and other problems and not about hate whispers? Because I have never received a hate whisper for wearing crown store costumes and riding crown store mounts in Cyrodiil.

Nice subterfuge! :)
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • YaYaPineapple
    YaYaPineapple
    ✭✭✭✭
    Envy is an ugly emotion.

I wish a mofo would send me hate whispers about crown store stuff. Haha I'd have a great time pissing them off. XD
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Envy is an ugly emotion.

I wish a mofo would send me hate whispers about crown store stuff. Haha I'd have a great time pissing them off. XD

Ha, ha! Yeah! I would just start changing my costume and go through everyone that I own and I own a boatload from the crown store! Oh, and my mount, too! lol
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jawshoeuh wrote: »

But you obviously do.. because you don't wear your crown stuff anymore...

Ohh good1, u really made me eat my own words now didnt ya, good for u😉

if not wearing crown stuff helps me to avoid other ppl putting nasty images in my head regarding my mother then sure why not, if u say something about me in particular then idgf.

I know many ppls cojones grow tenfold when they can hide behind a computer screen on the other side of the world, and when outside in real life away from the computer screen, its always "yes sir" to everyone 😂
    Edited by Karmanorway on June 7, 2019 4:56AM
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    So your post is really about fixing the servers and other problems and not about hate whispers? Because I have never received a hate whisper for wearing crown store costumes and riding crown store mounts in Cyrodiil.

Nice subterfuge! :)

Lucky you then, i got my first when i was riding around in cyro on that ice senche mount
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That sounds stupid.

If i want to ride around on my radiant apex supreme mega super exclusive recolored pony #16272728 shooting rainbow clouds out of my a$$ than its my business.

The game has a lot of issues, but i still play it a lot, if i want to buy stuff from the crown store, well thats my perogative.

If anyone whispered me over this, id tell them to eat duck.

Nuff said.
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zacuel wrote: »
    The pvp community loves my mother too....

Apparently she's very popular.

She bakes us cookies. Sweet lady.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't be bothered about it. Use your crown items, ignore them and hold up your head high. It's THEM who have the problems with it, not you. It's the green-eyed beast of jealousy, plain and simple. Treat every hate whisper with the contempt it deserves and have a good laugh at it, at their expense.

Don't let it stop you riding on, or wearing, whatever you want. Ever.
    Edited by AlienSlof on June 8, 2019 9:23PM
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think OP is being cyncial or using a diversion to say fix lag.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    I think OP is being cyncial or using a diversion to say fix lag.
    Yeah, pretty much this. A pretty creative angle on the topic though, so kudos for being original :smiley:

Also, it's understandably hard to take pride in items that have become symbols of corporate greed. It's not hard to see that showcasing newer and newer cosmetic money-milkers could easily be just a harsh reminder to the general observer where dev time is going... and where it isn't. Especially when items locked behind a paywall or harmful gambling practices are being flaunted in the face of a disgruntled community that haven't had their complaints heard for years. :anguished:

(I'm going along with the drama, bear with me. :lol: Though OP does have a point)
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha BS. I don’t believe it for a minute.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ehhh, I just set up chat tabs that mute channels I'm not interested in hearing.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why in the world would you be in Cyrodiil without being in offline mode? There's your problem right there. Nothing anyone has to say there in whispers is worth hearing.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve gotten messaged a few times when I’m using my Shadow-Rider Senche.....mostly people telling me I’m what’s wrong with ESO, or salty they didn’t get it.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Yes i get lots too after killing someone, but teammates talking trash to u about your mother before BG match starts is just low xD

Most players in ESO are decent people but we tend to get some that clearly live very sad and pathetic lives. That is likely where you are getting teammates making idiotic comments like that, similar to those who do hate whispers.

I can only assume they are either 12 year olds or 40 year olds living in their mother's basement and lack a live as there is no reason for such comments other than that is how bad their lives are. Ignore their comments and feel have pity for them for their life is truly sad.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wait, writing about terrible lag is against the rules?
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    /doubt

Never seen more than a few backhanded comments about whales and gamble crates

I don’t believe someone claiming there’s so much hate mail going around JUST over a crown cosmetic
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    Im expecting we are all going to get the "you know you dont have to be here" comment again requarding all the performance issues that they cant or wont fix.

Yeah, except that isn't how that comment was used. But it makes for great cherry-picking drama, doesn't it.
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I never got whispers like that, maybe don't lie on the ground so much?