The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nothing to see here.

MaxJrFTW
MaxJrFTW
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I said...i mean typed...NOTHING TO SEE HERE!
Edited by MaxJrFTW on June 7, 2019 9:28AM
"I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭
    if you don’t want to play objectives que for deathmatch
    Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Abhaya wrote: »

If you don't know how to read you should go back to school.
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Even still, why should a PVP game mode discourage PVP?
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I sympathize, everyone knows at this point what the win conditions are. If you got outmaneuvered while killing the last place team, that's on you. If you want to just kill, go deathmatch. Otherwise, play the objectives.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody out there with a radar gun measuring speed though. I think speed was the culprit, and also organization is possible.

After a while you can counter speedy teams with no dps by waiting for the next available flag and holding it. Can you 1vX or 2vX the speedy players? They sound like good practice based on those stats.

I do think there may be an over emphasis on capturing flags vs holding them points wise. Trading flags instead of digging in seems to be the method of choice for max points, and that's on game design.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had one of these matches.

4 healing tanks just hugging each other. Nothing you can do.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you hit the BG team equivalent of Ender's Game. "The enemy's gate is down."

With Domination, it's intended that the objectives generate PVP fights, and there was PVP...the winning team died a bunch and took the respawn penalty for dying. They just had a laser focus on the objective, which is the only win condition.

To change that how you want, ZOS would have to change the win condition to include kills. But presumably ZOS would like players to actually play the objective in their game modes rather than simply play everything like a deathmatch, so I don't expect anything to change. The Flag matches favor different builds than deathmatches, like speed and CC builds, for example, so it helps bring variety to BGs. Adding kills to the win conditions changes the dynamic of Domination a lot, and makes it less distinct from Deathmatch. Which for ZOS, more variety is a good thing. Like Cyrodiil campaigns, Domination is all about how many objectives you hold for how long, not how many players you kill or don't while doing so, and that makes it very distinct from games where you want to kill a particular target (scroll runner/emperor for Cyrodiil) or just kill everyone who's not on your side.

So I don't expect ZOS to change the win conditions to include enemy kills.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you got out played.

#uMadBro
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IMO they should just delete Domination. Crazy King is the same but better because it does force PvP.
  • Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »

If you don't know how to read you should go back to school.

I can read just fine. You are complaining that even though you played the objectives that another team won which probably means that they were better than you at playing said objectives.

So, you can practice and get better or find a group to play with or que for game modes that better align with what you enjoy from pvp. Or you could complain about the mechanics of a game mode that you don’t like but aren’t required to participate in. 🤔
    Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Question: what gives points in objective based matches, performing objectives or killing targets?

Best they could probably do is make it like Battlefield Conquest mode. Holding the flags drains the enemy tickets (here would add points to your team) while eliminating a player would also result in a singular ticket loss.

In objective based games though, objectives should always trump people playing deathmatch style. People who focus objectives should win even if getting their behinds kicked, because the game isn't about killing in those modes.

So we're right back to square one.
  • Irfind
    Irfind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont know ... PVP = Player vs Player not PK ?

So even chess is PVP in its own way.

You want only to kill other players ? Go deathmatch !
    PC EU no CP PVP
    EP Irfind - Stam NB Dunmer
    EP Iswind - Mag Warden Dunmer
    EP Ko'runa Silberklaue - Mag Temp Khajiit
    EP Eldrid Hagal - Mag DK Dunmer
    EP Feyne R'is - Stam Sorc Dunmer ...with Bow
    EP Wynn Loraethaine - Mag NB Dunmer
    AD Runare Loraethaine - Stam Sorc Altmer
    AD Skadi Hagal - Stam DK Khajiit
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nvm, i made the thread out of impulse anyways.
    Edited by MaxJrFTW on June 7, 2019 9:27AM
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irfind wrote: »

Another one that doesn't know how to read. Lovely!

People are reading just fine, I just don't think you like the answers.

Objective matches are about the objective. The idea is flawed because of the 3 team system, not that it discourages PvP.
    I see this often in BG's where two teams want to play deathmatch, leaving the 3rd team to just focus on objectives. Happens in chaos ball just as much as in dominion.

The idea is actually fighting over the objective. The actual problem is when two teams engage, it leaves the 3rd team free. And that in turn is hurt by the "let's all stick together" mentality, in flag games especially.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kel wrote: »

Objective matches are about the objective. The idea is flawed because of the 3 team system, not that it discourages PvP.
    I see this often in BG's where two teams want to play deathmatch, leaving the 3rd team to just focus on objectives. Happens in chaos ball just as much as in dominion.

The idea is actually fighting over the objective. The actual problem is when two teams engage, it leaves the 3rd team free. And that in turn is hurt by the "let's all stick together" mentality, in flag games especially.

It's a pvp game mode, or it's supposed to. They didn't do any pvp. They spent the whole game running and dying, didn't even bother to fight back.
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kel wrote: »

It's a pvp game mode, or it's supposed to. They didn't do any pvp. They spent the whole game running and dying, didn't even bother to fight back.

They died..PvP did happen though. They died playing the objective, giving them a win.

You're acting like these modes are pure PvP. They are not. In these flag/ball games, killing is secondary to playing the objective. This is exactly why most of the time when two teams are hell bent on killing first, they usually lose.

As others have said, if that's truly a issue for you, thankfully there's a mode you can manually queue for that has everything you wish. Pure PvP.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see what was done here.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey OP; I didn't read anything but feel like you need a hug

*Hug*
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One