The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why hasn't Faction Lock (*dun dun dun duuuuunnnn*) been as apocalyptic as predicted?

darkblue5
darkblue5
✭✭✭✭✭
Cyrodiil seems pretty much the same for on hours and off. Maybe fewer people in the scroll capping zergs in the wee off hours but that's about it? Really hasn't had the impact I hoped it would which was splitting the population. Trying to get the 7 day to have enough "enemies" even during peak hours with ridiculous queues is just too daunting I guess. Wee hours are just as dead as they ever were when a zerg isn't running so... lots to do about nothing.

As far as any impact on score idk. idc. capping in off hours is still best strat.
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because everyone with a brain said it wouldn’t change anything as far as the main campaign and that it was going to hurt the 7 day. I assume you’re console? Let us no how off peak population imbalance is if so because that is where you will notice the biggest draw back of faction lock.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you are being more than a little melodramatic with this apocalyptic nonsense. lol
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Off hours is where it’s trash. Stop being delusional
  • Dominion_Nightblade
    frostz417 wrote: »

As little as I play anymore, at least I can play off hours. Prime time is trash.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that both sides of the faction lock debate agree that there is an issue in the off hours that needs to be addressed.

This issue really has nothing to do with faction lock though, and should be addressed directly with a targeted solution.
    Lethal zergling
  • LickingHistSap
    LickingHistSap
    ✭✭✭
    My biggest issue with the faction lock is not being allowed to play Cyrodiil how I like anymore.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My biggest issue with the faction lock is not being allowed to play Cyrodiil how I like anymore.
    Logging in to the same faction as one you don't like, then dropping a whole bunch of Forward Camps in the middle of nowhere?
    Lethal zergling
  • LickingHistSap
    LickingHistSap
    ✭✭✭
    Logging in to the same faction as one you don't like, then dropping a whole bunch of Forward Camps in the middle of nowhere?

Playing my characters in cyrodiil on non-cp.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think that both sides of the faction lock debate agree that there is an issue in the off hours that needs to be addressed.

This issue really has nothing to do with faction lock though, and should be addressed directly with a targeted solution.

BS. Faction locks exacerbate the problem.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    Sorry, no. Faction locks have absolutely nothing to do with the night-time population imbalance.
    Lethal zergling
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    Sorry, no. Faction locks have absolutely nothing to do with the night-time population imbalance.

Sorry, you are simply wrong. They have everything to do with it.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please explain how.

Lethal zergling
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because the night time situation has not changed one bit since faction locks were implemented. The same faction still flips the map at night as before.

Edited by bulbousb16_ESO on June 5, 2019 3:51AM
    Lethal zergling
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apocalyptic? Have anyone said that? Or used that word? No.

Are there problems that we predicted there will be? Yes.
    The bigest one needs time to fully develop though. You will see it in several months.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because no one cares about the people it actually ruined PvP for.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well when I start usually around 8-830 PM EST; DC is pushed at tri-keeps without being pop locked while the other 2 are at the gates. Even taking the gate keeps when there are no scrolls. Didn't see that all the time before faction lock.

It really looks like what Shor did a couple years ago when it had a moderate population but it was usually one faction choking out the other 2. This time, its just 1 being choked out until prime time but Im sure its not healthy.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bigest one needs time to fully develop though. You will see it in several months.
    Oh yes, the great, "It hasn't happened yet, but don't worry, it will".
    Edited by bulbousb16_ESO on June 5, 2019 1:14PM
    Lethal zergling
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yes, the great, "It hasn't happened yet, but don't worry, it will".

All of past experiences with faction locked campaigns suggest that faction lock results in people choosing the faction that they think has the biggest chances for victory and that leads to domination of that one faction.
    This happened after several months when we had faction lock for the first time and wil most likely happen again. Especially since we see an influx of new players leaving WoW.
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please explain how.

You haven't explained how they are good, so I don't have to explain why they are bad.