The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Un1k0rn's Enhanced ESO SC Bindings V2 [STEAM CONTROLLER CONFIG]

CMDR_Un1k0rn
CMDR_Un1k0rn
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So I have a Steam controller.

It is pretty cool. Been spending the evening making a bespoke config for ESO. I've uploaded the config under the name seen in the title, minus the brackets.

The config uses all of the Steam controller's features, including the gyroscope. Yes, if you didn't know, the Steam Controller has a gyroscope. I'm using the gyroscope to give myself an extra four buttons on the device.

Left touchpad operates a radial menu for non-combat keys, right touchpad operates the mouse and interact key via click. Ability keys are similar to native gamepad mode (x/y/b/LB/RB), as is jump (a). 8-way WASD on the joystick, with click operating sneak. Left paddle for sprint, right paddle for ultimate/take all. Triggers assigned to mouse left/right, inverted. Gyroscope D-pad operates quickslot, roll dodge, synergy and toggle walk speed. Weapon swap handled by back button. Main menu opened with start button.

You will need to use default keyboard/mouse bindings, plus bind toggle walk/run to the 8 key.

Result? I'm very happy with it, and allows me to play with PC interface despite using a console-style gamepad. I only need my keyboard for text chat.
In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've made a few edits. Added zoom up/down, toggle quest and change camera to radial menu. This creates a total of 8 bindings on the radial menu.

Will upload updated config later.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Update: Discovered mode shift. Have made further edits. Gyroscope is no longer needed.

With mode shift I can dodge roll using the same technique as with gamepad mode. Have moved synergy, walk speed and quickslot to radial. Will fine tune positioning later.

Hoping to now have a V3 version up tomorrow for community use. Lots of progress in the last 24 hours. The controller is playing the game brilliantly now.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Revised version, V3, is now available to import in Steam Big Picture Mode.

Changes include revised radial menu, removal of gyroscope features, and addition of three mode shifts.

I can't think of any changes to make it even closer to the Xbox bindings, then it already is.
  • WAMB0
    WAMB0
    ✭✭✭
    @CMDR_Un1k0rn could you maybe link this config?
    I cant find it under community for ESO...

also: does this operate in ESO Gamepad mode or in normal mode?
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WAMB0 wrote: »
    @CMDR_Un1k0rn could you maybe link this config?
    I cant find it under community for ESO...

also: does this operate in ESO Gamepad mode or in normal mode?

Really it's not? Weird... It's been a while mate, I'll check things when I get back home later.

@WAMB0
  • WAMB0
    WAMB0
    ✭✭✭
    I am guessing it might have to do with different versions.
    I bought ESO directly and added it to Steam Launcher manually (eso64.exe) to use Steam Controller.
    And with that I got only very few configs from community.

Then I added the steam version of ESO to steam, and there I could find more configs, but most of them using controllerUI (and since I'm a Keyboard + Mouse main that really doesnt work out with my addon setups )
    Also I couldnt find yours there, or at least nothing similar to "Un1k0rn"

Edit: I added both eso.exe and eso64.exe but still cant find yours :(
    Edited by WAMB0 on August 8, 2020 8:07AM
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am guessing it might have to do with different versions.
    I bought ESO directly and added it to Steam Launcher manually (eso64.exe) to use Steam Controller.
    And with that I got only very few configs from community.

Then I added the steam version of ESO to steam, and there I could find more configs, but most of them using controllerUI (and since I'm a Keyboard + Mouse main that really doesnt work out with my addon setups )
    Also I couldnt find yours there, or at least nothing similar to "Un1k0rn"

Edit: I added both eso.exe and eso64.exe but still cant find yours :(

Right I've looked and I am not sure when... But my bindings are all gone. On my end too.

Sorry about the wait. The weather where I am is extreme for the area and I am not coping well.
  • WAMB0
    WAMB0
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no, sorry to give you trouble and thank you for checking!.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh no, sorry to give you trouble and thank you for checking!.

Quite alright. I do apologise that I can't offer better news.
This discussion has been closed.