The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Elsweyr] Why do you prefer the 30 day campaigns?

Kartalin
Kartalin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Pick the best response to the question, and please keep things civil.
  • PC/NA
  • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
  • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
  • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
  • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
  • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
  • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
  • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
  • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube

[Elsweyr] Why do you prefer the 30 day campaigns? 110 votes

1. Better rewards
12%
AlendrinSvenjaHidesFromSunApheriusDeep_01BigBadVolkJaculveil_Naomi_KMarcoPolo184WoppaBoemvingarmoInsco851stickenstein 14 votes
2. Faction lock
11%
ImryllAlomarGilvothTelelIruil_ESObulbousb16_ESOTerraDewBerryAhPook_Is_HereMirielMayraelCelas_DranaceariVALry9Cerbolt 13 votes
3. Higher populations
27%
josh.lackey_ESOJoy_DivisionIzanagi.Xiiib16_ESORikumaruidkks888NirnStormSanct16EirellaRin_SenyaErondilSleepyTrollHexquisiteCatchMeTrollingAliyavanaJjitsuboy98DarkestnghtWise_WillNelothFakeFox 30 votes
4. Both 1 and 2
6%
dtsharplesSanctum74JackAshescolossalvoidsZacuelApostateHoboDunkelblitz 7 votes
5. Both 1 and 3
31%
arkansas_ESOtechnohicfalcasternub18_ESObooksmcreadGhostbaneBergisMacBrideKartalinFruitdogDisgracefulMindInvictusApolloListerJMCTBoisDerraRecremenMinnoDutchessxKatahdinRedGirl41KalozarDr.NRG 35 votes
6. Other
10%
Nermyvamp_emilyTravestynoxDojohodaRianaiJierdanitVietfoxmagueSanguinor2karekizDominion_Nightblade 11 votes
  • Dominion_Nightblade
    6. Other
    They are the first two selections. I'm too lazy to go 3 or more down.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5. Both 1 and 3
    I find the constant high population and the end-of-campaign rewards very attractive, though faction lock is a huge turn off. The campaigns actually seem LESS competitive with it.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5. Both 1 and 3
    I noticed in a couple other threads that the group of players that support faction locks herald the popularity of the thirty day campaigns as a success of the introduction of faction locks. However I’m concerned that this may be correlation without causation and I hope that this poll will give us more insight into the current state.
    • PC/NA
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's the, that's where my PvP guild is, option?
  • Dominion_Nightblade
    6. Other
    Ackwalan wrote: »

Sounds like that falls in line with the other option buddy.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like that falls in line with the other option buddy.

I'm not your buddy, pal.

th?id=OIP.ErdzenrjK2ZmAvr3BTAZ7QAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=238&h=179
  • Dominion_Nightblade
    6. Other
    Lol
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5. Both 1 and 3
    Well, why does your guild play there?
    • PC/NA
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Better rewards
    Not sure why I even set foot in this part of the forums.. I only play PVP for the geode of transmute stones nowadays and I really have to force myself to even do that once a month, so no way I would play on a 7-day-campaign.
    (I used to love PVP, but the horrible game performance annoys me so much. Changing to an empty campaign is not really an option either, because then, performance might be better, but solo turning farms and lumbermills is not what I consider fun.)
    PC | EU

Svea Rochaud | Templar Healer | AD
    Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror - Immortal Redeemer - Tick-Tock-Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Spirit Slayer
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2. Faction lock
    I hope you realize you have just constructed a meaningless poll. Fully half of the possible options include "Better Rewards". Leading much?
    Lethal zergling
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3. Higher populations
    It's where all people play so where else I should play ? On that 7 days dead campaing ? :smiley:
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3. Higher populations
    It has nothing to do with the length of the campaign. It is about a campaign that has more PvP more of the time.

Even back when all campaigns were 90 days we all flocked to the same campaigns. Back then we could fill 2 even with the higher pop locks we had back then. The rest were all buff campaigns which were low pop like we see today but we no longer have the buffs.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5. Both 1 and 3
    I hope you realize you have just constructed a meaningless poll. Fully half of the possible options include "Better Rewards". Leading much?

Seems fine to me.
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6. Other
    2+3
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3. Higher populations
    I always play on the 30 day campaigns, where the most people are. Couldn't care less about faction locks or rewards.
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5. Both 1 and 3
    The actual rewards I don’t care about but the geodes and pop is why.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    6. Other
    1, 2 and 3.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2. Faction lock
    [Quoted post has been removed.]
    Don't you find it a little ridiculous railing against an argument you constructed? I never, ever said that 30 day campaigns are popular thanks to faction lock. In fact, I denied it repeatedly. [snip]

[Edit for bait.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on June 5, 2019 6:12PM
    Lethal zergling
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5. Both 1 and 3
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    The actual rewards I don’t care about but the geodes and pop is why.
    I think most agree that the jewelry is hot garbage unless you happen to score some spell strat to sell. So mainly I did mean the geodes when I made campaigns rewards a poll option.
    • PC/NA
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2. Faction lock
    Kartalin wrote: »
    So mainly I did mean the geodes when I made campaigns rewards a poll option.
    So, you consider most Cyrodiil rewards to be "hot garbage", and you feel "most agree". And so you made rewards not just one option in your poll, but a factor in fully half of the available poll answers.

And somehow you don't feel that renders the whole poll to be useless?

Edited by bulbousb16_ESO on June 4, 2019 4:38PM
    Lethal zergling
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5. Both 1 and 3
    So mainly I did mean the geodes when I made campaigns rewards a poll option.
    So, you consider most Cyrodiil rewards to be "hot garbage", and you feel "most agree". And so you made rewards not just one option in your poll, but a factor in fully half of the available poll answers.

And somehow you don't feel that renders the whole poll to be useless?
    Because the geodes are a significant part of choosing the 30 day campaigns and it’s part of the rewards. This is a big draw for pvers. Why are you so unhappy all the time?
    • PC/NA
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3. Higher populations
    I'm not interested in a gank fest, so I look for larger numbers, so I can get the big battle experience
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2. Faction lock
    Because the geodes are a significant part of choosing the 30 day campaigns and it’s part of the rewards. This is a big draw for pvers.
    So, instead of ASKING people what they like, you are TELLING them what they like and leading your biased poll in that direction.
    Lethal zergling
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    6. Other
    Population balance and Faction lock. It is fun when you have players that try to win and when population is about the same.

Edited by vamp_emily on June 4, 2019 7:44PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5. Both 1 and 3
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Population balance.

I kind of like this answer but its not enough. Some campaigns all have 1 bar and Im not interested. I will say that last night, all 3 factions on the 30 day CP were locked and I was generally happy. Ignoring the obvious lag, but thats another issue.
  • Kalozar
    Kalozar
    Soul Shriven
    5. Both 1 and 3
    Population and geodes are always good.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5. Both 1 and 3
    I'm talking about your previous statement that 30day campaigns are popular thanks to faction lock.
    Don't you find it a little ridiculous railing against an argument you constructed? I never, ever said that 30 day campaigns are popular thanks to faction lock. In fact, I denied it repeatedly. Education is of very little help when you reading comprehension is lacking.

Here you clearly suggest that:
    Personally, my three takeaways are:

A ) Faction locked campaigns are popular while the Faction unlocked campaign is not.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/477257/the-state-of-cyrodiil-10-days-in-to-faction-lock/p1

Don't even try denying it. Your choice of words was intentional and alligned with your agenda of keeping faction locks. In that single sentence you have compared two campaigns while taking faction lock as the only difference between them. This is classic manipulation of data.
    If you think that manipulation of words or some witty use of plausible deniability is going to save your face right now, then you are wrong.

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3. Higher populations
    If you think that manipulation of words or some witty use of plausible deniability is going to save your face right now, then you are wrong.
    I am not terribly interested in "saving face" with someone who does not know the names of the alliances in the alliance war, yet rages on about the imaginary impact of faction locks.

I’m honestly surprised the mods didn’t mute you yet

• Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    6. Other
    Dont go to cyro that often anymore, I do a lot of HM Trials atm, but my Friends Play on the 30 day No CP Campaign so thats where I Play, unfortunately for me my Friends Play AD Right now and I have 2 AD Chars and the remaining 14 EPs are locked out of No CP cyro Right now.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not terribly interested in "saving face" with someone who does not know the names of the alliances in the alliance war, yet rages on about the imaginary impact of faction locks.

I’m honestly surprised the mods didn’t mute you yet

There's probably a half-dozen players on both sides of this argument that have repeatedly made the same arguments and engaged in the same insulting back-and-forth with each other that need to take a break from these endless faction lock threads.