Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Is there a *current* vamp/werewolf guide?

Minyassa
Minyassa
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I've just spent the past several days fiddling with timers, watching videos, reading guide pages and stalking spawn points only to find out that every single guide I've been using is not only outdated but now flat wrong. I'd thought that moon phases had something to do with it, but apparently not anymore, and no one's guide mentions that. Spawn points have all been empty but someone found werewolves tonight (3 hours after the new moon) in a spot that's not marked as a spawn point on any maps I've found. I'm extremely frustrated. I really want to have my new toon bitten by wild vamps as I did it the lazy way and have been bitten by friends for other toons, but I'm getting really frustrated at all the conflicting or just outdated info out there.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The moon cycle has nothing to do with infection. I've gotten like 3 vampire bites and 2 werewolf bites from the NPCs. I followed the spawn point maps a long time ago, and most of the wild spawns I found were near those. That being said, I'm sure there's tons more out there. I've seen wild werewolves literally outside my door of the forsaken stronghold.

Your best bet, if you're determined to get bit from the NPCs, is wait until it's night, and literally just run a few loops around each of the 3 infection zones. (Bangkorai, Rift, and Reapers March.) As long as people don't kill them, they stay up quite a while. I watched a group of werewolves from when it was early morning, until they despawned with it being bright and sunny out.

You just have to get hit once by them and run away. It'll say you're infected under your character sheet. Then, you have to go to your home alliance's infection zone main city to find the quest npc. He's usually lurking near town, or outside around the outskirts.

There's no real rhyme or reason to it. I've found werewolves tend to spawn much more frequently than the blood fiends.
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hm... I was bitten by 2 werewolves (NPC) during full moon nights.
    I was bitten by 3 bloodfiends (vamp NPC) during darkmoon nights.

I dont know about people saying there's no link with moon phases but...

Edited by Xarc on June 3, 2019 10:00AM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "Death is overrated", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xarcus wrote: »
    Hm... I was bitten by 2 werewolves (NPC) during full moon nights.
    I was bitten by 3 bloodfiends (vamp NPC) during darkmoon nights.

I dont know about people saying there's no link with moon phases but...

That was what I thought, but I was very careful to follow my addon with the moon phases, and it was literally 3 hours after the new moon and there were werewolves instead. I almost bug-reported it, but I had doubts.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe it's just wonky on console then. I've seen werewolves out with the crescent shaped moon.