The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Returning player from 2015 needs help!

Kalafonte
Kalafonte
Soul Shriven
Hey everyone.

A tiny bit of background. I made it to 50, didn't finish Coldharbour, did the WvW PvP stuff with a big clan instead. Clan leader passed away IRL, and I quit because Cyrodil stuff was the only fun I was having.

Came back last night. Bought all the expos, as my friends are playing now as well, but I'm lost. I have no idea where to go to even start the DLCs. I'm resubbed so I should have access.

I guess my questions are: Where do I start all the DLCs/Expos; Would it be easier to just make a new character? I tried one but I didn't spawn at the beginning of the game, got confused, and logged out.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s open world questing, @Kalafonte ... so you can start with whichever zone or DLC interests you the most. Main zone quests now have a “Tahitian” looking quest marker ... usually when you arrive in the zone’s main or starter city.

There are a handful of players that absolutely must follow the zone storylines in a specific order ... even though they’re loosely connected. If you’re one of those let us know. We’ll give you some more direction.

Bottom line though, quest and play wherever you want.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on June 1, 2019 12:15AM
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi there - and welcome back!

It's all very confusing now since ZoS did the One Tamriel update.

Starting Characters are now dumped into the new chapter/expansion as that is probably the reason they bought it. Especially with the new classes that you can get with them.

To get to the start you can wayshrine to the starting city and a "hooded figure" will appear - follow that quest to start where you would have started in 2015.

to start the new stuff - go into collections (U by default) and look for the stories - and there you can start each one individually (all at once) as you wish.

Hope that helps!

Good luck and I hope you enjoy the updated and refreshed game !!!

EDIT:

To learn more about One Tamriel - I suggest reading the update notes
    Edited by Imza on June 1, 2019 12:25AM
  • Kalafonte
    Kalafonte
    Soul Shriven
    Okay, thanks to both of you!

So, Collections gets me into DLCs and Stories?

And sadly I /am/ someone who needs to do stuff in order. Really hard for me to get into things if I'm doing stuff backwards.

With my Templar I still need to finish Coldharbour, so I'll head there. But I wanted to re-roll as well. So if I make a new character then TP to a starting city, I can do all the old stuff?
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kalafonte wrote: »

And sadly I /am/ someone who needs to do stuff in order. Really hard for me to get into things if I'm doing stuff backwards.

With my Templar I still need to finish Coldharbour, so I'll head there. But I wanted to re-roll as well. So if I make a new character then TP to a starting city, I can do all the old stuff?

Sort of. Unfortunately now you start in the latest chapter. Once you get through the opening tutorial, you can go to the nearest wayshrine and get to your faction's starting town. Auridon for AD, Davon's Watch for EP, and Daggerfall for DC. Walk around a bit and you should meet a hooded stranger, who'll tell you to go visit a mysterious benefactor. That will start the original story in Coldharbor, and the Prophet will get you to the starter island for your faction.
    Edited by JKorr on June 2, 2019 12:11AM
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use Wayshrines to fast travel to the DLC zones or use boats in the major cities to travel to DLC zones.

Here is the order you want to run the DLC in:

1.) Orsinium
    2.)Morrowind
    3.) Clockwork City
    4.) Summerset

(No spoilers but all these relate to each other somewhat)

Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood and Murkmire have no correlation so feel free to go in any order. Although the release date order goes:

Thieves guild (early 2016)
    Dark Brotherhood (mid 2016)
    Murkmire (late 2018)

Word of advice - Morrowind, Clockwork City, Summerset, Murkmire and Elsweyr also have prologue quests - as in 20/40 minute quests that set the scene before the DLC content story so you will want to do them before you start it’s matching DLC. Just google for example ‘Morrowind prologue quest’ and it will tell you where to start the prologue quest and then play Morrowind then the next prologue quest etc etc

Hope this helps and welcome back!
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    Kalafonte wrote: »

Sort of. Unfortunately now you start in the latest chapter. Once you get through the opening tutorial, you can go to the nearest wayshrine and get to your faction's starting town. Auridon for AD, Davon's Watch for EP, and Daggerfall for DC. Walk around a bit and you should meet a hooded stranger, who'll tell you to go visit a mysterious benefactor. That will start the original story in Coldharbor, and the Prophet will get you to the starter island for your faction.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it Vulkhel Guard for AD? Vulkhel Guard is in Auridon, but just saying "Auridon" without naming the city is confusing,

OP, welcome back and I hope you enjoy the game!