The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

IC campaign scoring

Orpheaus
Orpheaus
✭✭✭
I should preface by saying I love that IC has been moved to its own campaign. That was a necessary step and improved the experience for people who enjoy IC and people who don't want 20% of their faction in IC while they get waxed on the main map.

Currently IC has decent action but its lack of scoring may result in that action dying as time wears on. So here is my idea for a dynamic scoring system that could lead to consistent action both below and above ground.
1. Every district is worth points same as a keep on the main map.
2. Every boss kill is worth points. 1 flaggers, are worth 1 point. 2 are worth 2 etc. Topside bosses worth more because you're more likely to have to fight for them.
3. Simulacrum of MB is worth 10-20 points and provides your faction with a AP and TV buff (say 10%).
Additionally you could add a few outpost flags in the sewers for people to cap that could be worth points. Also while there should be no emperor adding after campaign rewards would be nice.
All of this would create a far more dynamic feel to the map with multiple roaming groups in the sewers and above ground with dynamic objectives as well as a large reward objective that would see constant action (Molag Bal).

PS: In before someone says "I'm asking for a lot." And I know I am. However I think these changes could see IC as a fun dynamic urban warfare campaign that it has the potential to be. Please add ideas and comments. Thanks :)
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think one of the main attractions of IC is the lack of most of campaign aspects. All those old-timers talking about how glorious arboretum fights were before the flags and all that.

And generally having campaign scoring for IC which lacks most of those campaign elements like keeps, scrolls and so on seems a bit pointless.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Telvar gains are your scoring :)
    With how tedious it is to gather herbs, i cant see myself getting away from ic.
  • Helgi_Skotina
    Helgi_Skotina
    ✭✭✭
    We should have a personal AP scoring with rewards similar to the cyro one.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    I think one of the main attractions of IC is the lack of most of campaign aspects. All those old-timers talking about how glorious arboretum fights were before the flags and all that.

it really was awesome...for ps4 NA we all used to gather in the arena district...it was just continuous large group melees, small scale action and dual battles...things would really heat up the later it got at night...most of the cyro leaderboard players would show up, which was cool...not a lot of AP to be had (killing the same folks over and over again) or tel var (no one carried much there)...

there was little consequence or inconvenience for dying - so, people were very bold and not at all afraid to engage...

unless they change the rez policy and go back to allowing us to rez on any friendly alliance platform again, it will be hard to duplicate...
    Edited by geonsocal on June 3, 2019 7:49PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place